The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What styles are the Master weapons?

Madrr
Madrr
✭✭
So yeah, what styles are the Master weapons?
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe they are their own style, like maelstrom weapons. A unique style not in the game anywhere else
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • yukikenzo
    yukikenzo
    ✭✭✭
    Master weapons' style are the 5th tier of the racial motifs.

Inferno staff: Dunmer
    Frost staff: Nord (or Draugr weapon style)
    Lightning staff: Altmer
    Restoration staff: Breton
    Bow:
    Shield: Dunmer
    Dagger: Khajiit
    Axe: ???
    Mace: ???
    Sword: Nord (or Draugr weapon style)
    Greatsword: Redguard
    Battle axe: ???
    Maul: ???

Dunno about the axes and the hammers. Forgot which style the bow was.
    All of them are not craftable (yet) except for Draugr.
    Edited by yukikenzo on December 12, 2017 12:00AM
    PS5 EU
    rich in ESO, poor irl
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shield is unique as it was recently added this patch, I believe the axes, mace and maul are also unique as they didn't exist before this patch. The bow is bosmer I think, it's pretty boring looking.
  • Madrr
    Madrr
    ✭✭
    O_LYKOS wrote: »
    I believe they are their own style, like maelstrom weapons. A unique style not in the game anywhere else

If it only half answered the question, what do I answer? Lol. I know that they are special styles. They're different versions of already existing styles.

A friend and I were just wondering and comparing with what some sites have said. They were partially correct.
  • Madrr
    Madrr
    ✭✭
    yukikenzo wrote: »
    Master weapons' style are the 5th tier of the racial motifs.

Inferno staff: Dunmer
    Frost staff: Nord (or Draugr weapon style)
    Lightning staff: Altmer
    Restoration staff: Breton
    Bow:
    Axe: ???
    Mace: ???
    Sword: Nord (or Draugr weapon style)
    Battle axe: ???
    Maul: ???

Dunno about the axes and the hammers. Forgot which style the bow was.
    All of them are not craftable (yet) except for Draugr.

Yes, but they're even special versions of the racial motifs. The lightning staff is definitely not alter though. It looks more like glass, which just happens to be type of elven motif. Breton looks like half of the resto staff.
    Edited by Madrr on December 12, 2017 12:13AM
  • yukikenzo
    yukikenzo
    ✭✭✭
    Mister_DMC wrote: »
    The shield is unique as it was recently added this patch, I believe the axes, mace and maul are also unique as they didn't exist before this patch. The bow is bosmer I think, it's pretty boring looking.

The shield is 5th tier Dunmer. Just take a look at the ordinator guards running around in Mournhold.
    All of them are 5th tier. I just don't know about those that were added recently since I never got a chance to see them yet.
    PS5 EU
    rich in ESO, poor irl
  • yukikenzo
    yukikenzo
    ✭✭✭
    Madrr wrote: »
    Yes, but they're even special versions of the racial motifs. The lightning staff is definitely not alter though. It looks more like glass, which just happens to be type of elven motif. Breton looks like half of the resto staff.

As I already stated their style is the 5th crafting tier of the racial styles which are not accessible to us right now.
    You can see them here: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Altmer_Style (click through the races at the bottom)
    The Master's Lightning staff existed in the game before the Glass style was even added.
    Edited by yukikenzo on December 12, 2017 12:28AM
    PS5 EU
    rich in ESO, poor irl
  • Madrr
    Madrr
    ✭✭

As I already stated their style is the 5th crafting tier of the racial styles which are not accessible to us right now.
    You can see them here: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Altmer_Style (click through the races at the bottom)
    The Master's Lightning staff existed in the game before the Glass style was even added.

I recreated the staves. The alter statement is wrong..
  • yukikenzo
    yukikenzo
    ✭✭✭

How can you 'recreate' a weapon style if not crafting it when nobody has the possibility to craft the 5th tier of the styles?
    Did you even check the link I posted? Did you look at the icon of the 5th tier Altmer staff?
    PS5 EU
    rich in ESO, poor irl
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lightning Staff: Altmer
    Mace: Argonian
    Bow: Bosmer
    Resto Staff: Breton
    Inferno Staff: Dunmer
    Maul: Dunmer
    Axe: Khajiit
    Sword: Nord
    Ice Staff: Nord
    Battleaxe: Orc

"The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Madrr
    Madrr
    ✭✭

How can you 'recreate' a weapon style if not crafting it when nobody has the possibility to craft the 5th tier of the styles?
    Did you even check the link I posted? Did you look at the icon of the 5th tier Altmer staff?

You can see similarities in some of the styles. Which is why I said that I recreated it.. The one altmer staff looks like the glass staff is what I am saying. I've looked at http://teso-guides.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-item-sets-master-weapons and I will standby what I said.
  • yukikenzo
    yukikenzo
    ✭✭✭
    You can see similarities in some of the styles. Which is why I said that I recreated it.. The one altmer staff looks like the glass staff is what I am saying. I've looked at http://teso-guides.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-item-sets-master-weapons and I will standby what I said.

There is really no point in discussing that now since you are only believing what you think is right.
    You were asking what style the master weapons are. A few of us gave you an answer based on our 'research.'
    Btw you should check your link first. The information you got there is not up to date.

The Glass style was added into the game with the release of the Imperial City DLC. The Master's Lightning staff existed way before that (Upper Craglorn with the release of Dragonstar Arena and Sanctum Ophidia)
    Edited by yukikenzo on December 12, 2017 11:05AM
    PS5 EU
    rich in ESO, poor irl
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone here have a picture of the greataxe? If it is orc, I want to see it before I look for a group, as vDSA can be a pain.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone here have a picture of the greataxe? If it is orc, I want to see it before I look for a group, as vDSA can be a pain.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/the-masters-battle-axe/
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Masters Mace, if I had to guess, is either a 5th tier primal or Argonian.

Sidenote, give us the ability to use the 5th tier weapons at least. Please. I'd like for my Khajiit shield to not suck.;
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on December 12, 2017 11:54AM
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Masters Mace, if I had to guess, is either a 5th tier primal or Argonian.

Sidenote, give us the ability to use the 5th tier weapons at least. Please. I'd like for my Khajiit shield to not suck.;

The Dro-m'athra style shares the same textures with tier 5 khajiit, the only difference is the axe and those neon blue stripes. Also all weapons that drop from Maw of Lorkhaj are tier 5 khajiit weapons (including shield).
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/the-masters-battle-axe/

Thank you. It looks terrible.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Master staves do not resemble any of the racial styles, not even in lower tiers:

The-Masters-Staff-2.jpg

They're a unique design.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    Master staves do not resemble any of the racial styles, not even in lower tiers:
    The-Masters-Staff-2.jpg

They're a unique design.

Did you even read this thread? That staff you posted is a 5th tier Dunmer style staff.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're the racial styles on a tier that is impossible to craft hence why they're "Masters".
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • yukikenzo
    yukikenzo
    ✭✭✭
    The only unique things about the Master's weapons are their color (which is not based on the crafting material level) and the fancy glow they emit when you draw them.
    Edited by yukikenzo on December 12, 2017 4:45PM
    PS5 EU
    rich in ESO, poor irl
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    The-Masters-Staff-2.jpg

They're a unique design.

Did you even read this thread? That staff you posted is a 5th tier Dunmer style staff.

I did, which is why I went to check out what a tier-5 (yew) Dunmer staff looked like on the ESO Fashion database:
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/dunmer-yew-staff/

And it didn't look anything like my Master inferno.

Or does tier-5 mean something entirely different in this context?

I get that the style information for the Master's inferno is listed as Dunmer (and I have the TraitBuddy addon, so this is the FIRST thing I noticed, believe me). But a lot of unique item sets have "dummy" info in this field:

1XAyJ9M.jpg

Like certain monster pieces listed as Akaviri, or the Ebon Armory set being listed as Soul Shriven, when it's clearly a unique variant of the Ebony style.
    Edited by TheYKcid on December 13, 2017 7:42AM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    The-Masters-Staff-2.jpg

They're a unique design.

I did, which is why I went to check out what a tier-5 (yew) Dunmer staff looked like on the ESO Fashion database:
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/dunmer-yew-staff/

And it didn't look anything like my Master inferno.

Or does tier-5 mean something entirely different in this context?

I get that the style information for the Master's inferno is listed as Dunmer (and I have the TraitBuddy addon, so this is the FIRST thing I noticed, believe me). But a lot of unique item sets have "dummy" info in this field:
    1XAyJ9M.jpg

Like certain monster pieces listed as Akaviri, or the Ebon Armory set being listed as Soul Shriven, when it's clearly a unique variant of the Ebony style.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Dunmer_Style

It shows the different tiers here; the information about which materials amount to which tiers isn't accurate though.
    It's a bit sad for all the items that aren't represented as master weapons...
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ToRelax

Interesting. So in this case, "tier" refers to the range of levels over which a crafted item exhibits a certain design (in terms of the item model). And not the tier of the material.

Makes me wonder if ZOS ever intended to implement new material tiers beyond cp160, since the models and icons already exist.