The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Crafting Interface....

Apache_Kid
Apache_Kid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
There is a large difference in cost of mats between cp 150 and cp 160 gear in this game. Max level crafting writs call for you to make cp 150 gear. This is a recipe for disaster with how the interface operates in this game. As we know, there are 'big' armor pieces like legs and chest and 'small' pieces like the belt, shoes, shoulders, etc. Apologies beforehand if this is poorly worded.

If a writ calls for you to make let's say, Cp 150 ancestor silk robe, breeches, and epaulets, you only need to spend about 30 silk. However, if you are on the robe and accidentally move the arrow over to a cp 160 item, see your mistake before you make it and move the arrow back to cp 150 then scroll over now to one of the smaller pieces, the setting will still be for CP 160. I have wasted a lot of ancestor silk because I always do my writs in the morning before I leave for work and am in a rush. Yes it is still my fault but if you have 1 piece selected at CP 150, the value should not change while scrolling to a smaller piece just because you accidentally had it at 160 with a small thumb-stick movement (very easy to do on Xbox) and moved it back to 150 before scrolling to the small piece. I have adjusted my crafting to just go extra slow now because I am sick of wasting silk but I do not want to see other players fall victim to this.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game does try to "help" you and set the level based on the amount of mats the previous item used. But this does not really help.

One method that does help, until they fix this, and don't hold your breath for that, is to: Make the "smallest" item first, this will prevent the interface from trying to help you by bumping up the Level of the item when you select a different one. Avoid choosing the Robe first.

If your on PC, use this mod as it automates Writ Crafting and you never have this mistake. It also does Master Writ Crafting too:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1346-DolgubonsLazyWritCrafter.html

Using the above mod I can craft items for all 6 writs before the game finishes telling me what to craft for the writs.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm yeah I never thought about just doing the smaller piece first. That's a good way to make sure you're not being wasteful. on console so add-ons aren't an option. Thanks for the input @Nestor
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "The Creation tab at Crafting Stations will now remember the level you have selected, rather than the number of materials. This is to prevent accidentally crafting the wrong level gear when switching between slots that require different material amounts, such as Helmet and Pants."

From the patch notes today. THANK YOU