The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help me with stam sorc WW build?

Neloth
Neloth
✭✭✭✭
Hey, guys.

So, basically the title.

I'm pretty new to stamina builds (I usually play my magsorc, magNB and magDK), while from stam toons I only had gankblade during 1T (which I quit after a few days playing).

So right now I'm leveling a stamsorc (and yes, I've seen threads about stamsorc being in a bad spot right now, but still). He's also a WW, and, since stamsorcs is (arguably?) a best class for WW (surge, hurricane, sorc passives) - why not to utilise it.

And yes, of course I can google some builds (which I already done), but to begin with I need a pretty inexpensive build (craftable + sellable sets) to understand, if I will enjoy this playstyle.

It would be nice, if you cover the following questions:

- Which weapons? right now i'm planning to run DW/2H, but it's not to late to level other lines.

- Heavy or medium armor? Right now I'm thinking about heavy, still it's more forgiving, will help me sustain magicka (streak, dark deal, WW heals), but I'm not very sure.

- if medium - should I run some defensive sets like fortified brass?

- if heavy, how to remove snares? is it possible to play stam sorc without rally (solo and small scale)? And if possible, how to play without burst heal?

- should I run something standard in sets (fury + 7leg), or use some WW-based sets?

- should I focus on ultigen sets (like bloodspawn or ww hide) to maximise WW uptime, or better not (since I'm not generating ultimate in WW form).

Ty for your help, any input appreciated!
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since ww has absolut no advantages (for me) I would leave that one out

my stamsorc runs dual wield and bow, and runs medium, and while still lvling it doen´t matter what you run, just look that every 16, 26 and so on lvl you get your char some new blue gear.
    for more advice, it would be nice to know what you wanna do with you stamsorc.
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    since ww has absolut no advantages (for me) I would leave that one out

my stamsorc runs dual wield and bow, and runs medium, and while still lvling it doen´t matter what you run, just look that every 16, 26 and so on lvl you get your char some new blue gear.
    for more advice, it would be nice to know what you wanna do with you stamsorc.

Nah, of course I'm not asking about levelling build, since it doesn't matter much (all training and it's fine).

I need a competitive PvP build for cyro solo/small scale and BGs when I finish levelling this toon

Why now? because if you guys say that I 100% need, for example, bone pirate, I better go get all the gear now, and finish levelling during new life fest.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »
    - should I run something standard in sets (fury + 7leg), or use some WW-based sets?

- should I focus on ultigen sets (like bloodspawn or ww hide) to maximise WW uptime, or better not (since I'm not generating ultimate in WW form).

At the moment, I wouldn't pass on 7th legion. It's that good, imo.

Personally I'm not a fan of ultigen sets for WW builds, as they are basically nonfunctional when you are in WW form. I'd rather run a set that benefits me while in wolf form (troll king, velidreth, etc).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭

Personally I'm not a fan of ultigen sets for WW builds, as they are basically nonfunctional when you are in WW form. I'd rather run a set that benefits me while in wolf form (troll king, velidreth, etc).

That's awesome, thx a lot.

Maybe I will try 7th Leg + shackle (for mag sustain) + troll king (to compensate rally loss).
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe I will try 7th Leg + shackle (for mag sustain) + troll king (to compensate rally loss).

That should be pretty sick. Pelinals in place of Shackle is an option, too, just for really absurd WW heals.

That would look something like:
    5x 7th legion (jewelry+2 body),
    3x body Pelinals, 2x weapons Pelinals (on WW bar),
    1-2x special weapons on other bar (asylum 2h, 2x agility DW, Masters Bow, etc.)
    2x monster set.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    running 5 spriggans, 5 shieldbreaker (while it is funny, so much hate you get) 2 whatever monster (nerieth/valkyn or anything else)

other has 5 crafted nightmother, 3 eagle eye jewelry in gold(distance matters!) and all other parts hundingsrage
    cheap and brings all and evrything to their knees
    and be sure to get all passives from the assaultskillline
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you try to make a build that is strong in werewolf form and strong in normal form, you’ll end up weak in both.

You have to choose between being a strong werewolf, which needs very specific sets like Pelinald, or a strong Stam sorc

Either way, for PvP you should be in medium.
    Edited by Thogard on December 11, 2017 7:19PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make a build that is strong as a werewolf. If you're going wolf you should just charge back up your ult on some wolves or something before another fight.

IMO, best setups are pelinals + 7th + troll king right now.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorc? Bet you meant stam orc.
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can always try pelinals+kena. The WD and SD becomes absurd, but you have to be careful of when you proc. Resource poisons can be rough.

Bone pirate, pelinals, kena with Cameron's, big-piece tri glyphs and one mag regen glyph (or not, depending on how much you'll need to self heal)

IMO the hard part of stam sorc WW is being viable when not in WW. It's much easier with a stamplar and running ravager
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭

That should be pretty sick. Pelinals in place of Shackle is an option, too, just for really absurd WW heals.

That would look something like:
    5x 7th legion (jewelry+2 body),
    3x body Pelinals, 2x weapons Pelinals (on WW bar),
    1-2x special weapons on other bar (asylum 2h, 2x agility DW, Masters Bow, etc.)
    2x monster set.

Won't I have too much health with healthy 7L rings and Pelinals health bonus, while lacking stamina?
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You could play around with,
    2 Kena
    5 Shackel
    5 Prisoners

Your wolf heals won't be as strong as when you are running Pelinals though the extra stam is nice. My Wolf Wears: Kena, Pelinal's, and Prisoner.

As a templar I have access to some abilities that scale well with Spell damage, Honor the dead/Dark Flare, so Pelinal's works for me.

The thing about wanting to be a successful werewolf is to always have your werewolf ready. I can tell you exactly where all the npc's are in Cyrodiil.

Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okey, some time has passed and I want to revive this thread.

I leveled and geared my sorc, and understood that everyone here gave me good advice - it's really hard to be a good WW and have strong human form on stamsorc.

I tried running heavy armor, 2h + s&b, 7th legion + various monster sets(engine, Kena, troll king, mismatch weapon dmg) + prisoners/pelinals.

I really enjoyed pelinals and kena combo, such nice heals and dmg. Prisoners is also very god for sustain, but WW heals are not that strong.

But the main problem is that my human form is really bad. I'm but sure, should I blame my sets or skills, but the first impression was that dizzing swing was the real reason - it's so clunky to use!

So now I'm thinking of trying some kind of DW dot build for human form, preferably in heavy armor. Any advice for sets/skills/combos?
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I tried out my sorc using Kena, Pelinal's, and Prisoner for a week open play. Using 5 heavy, and momentum for mobility, I ran into the same issue in open field of not being able to recover from burst quickly. Overall lacking in human damage.

My templar can animation cancel roll dodge some Honor the deads, or block cast them, while purging negative effects.

I've recently revamped and have been testing out

Trollking, Shackelbreaker, and Salvation

This gives me more heals and damage in human form, bringing down my transformation cost drastically, and also leaves me a much larger stam pool to draw from.

This form of wolf play centers around balancing forms, utilizing the sorc buffs to fuel the werewolf rampage while your sorc buffs are active, I don't recommend this style of play for wolves that enjoy long term transformations.

I will most likely try this out on my stamina Warden as the warden has many useful buffs as well as an impressive amount of ulti gen, to get you back in form quickly.

Edited by Chrlynsch on January 5, 2018 8:01PM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really like

Pelinials
    Seventh
    Bogdan
    All tri glyphs

But it's weak outside of WW. Using vitality pots I got up to a 24k tooltip heal in WW. Was about 5800 weapon and spell damage.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelinal's + 7th legion or Briarheart+ Kena = OP werewolf.

1 Nirnhoned Mace and 1 sharpened mace

Infused sword + shield on back bar.

That storm master set might be good on a sorc WW too. Haven't tried it though