The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Polar Opposite Build

thedude33
thedude33
✭✭✭✭✭
I currently main a Bowtard. I use him mostly to patrol supply lines. Picking off stragglers trying to get to a keep. He hits very hard, but is even more squishy.

I am looking to play something completely opposite. Where instead of patrolling the outskirts, I am in the middle of it. Not worried about being able to kill anything, just want to cause some chaos and help the team/group. I have built up my DK and am just trying to decide on the gear/weapon combination.

I have watched a lot of video and read a bunch in the forums. These are the armor that looks most promising.

Footman
Reactive
Warrior Poet
7th Legion

Front bar with double heals and double damage shields.

Curious to know what others have experienced with this type of build

Thanks
1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5x 7th Legion, 5x Durok’s Bane, 2 Monster Set of your choice.

Double Sword and Shield

If you want to run a support build I would try a bar setup like this:

Bar1: Sword and Shield
    1.) Flex spot, I would use Fossilize
    2.) Pierce Armor, for major fracture and breach, ransack morph if you want more physical mitigation
    3.) Retreating Maneuver, removes snares and immobilizes for you and your group and provides major expedition that DKs lack
    4.) Dragon Fire Scale, reflect basically everything that’s not melee
    5.) Green Dragon Blood, your “Oh $#!+” burst heal
    Ultimate: Standard of Might

Bar 2: Sword and Shield
    1.) choking talons, huge AoE CC and Debuffs their damage done
    2.) Noxious Breath, can use another skill but I put this here for an AOE major fracture
    3.) Hardened Armor, Major resist, gives access to good passives and provide a Damage Shield that stacks with Igneous Shield
    4.) Igneous Shields, increases your healing done, gives allies a shield and Minor Brutality, restores stamina through helping hands
    5.) resolving Vigor, your Heal over Time
    Ultimate: Spell Wall

That build won’t kill much of anything but may do decent damage through Pierce Armor and Noxious DoT when 7th is proc’d. it would be one hell of a support character. Just need to pump your stats to a comfortable setting. You’ll want a big health pool and enough Magicka and Stam to use your skills, more Stam to block though. I’m not sure what race you are but Argonian would be your best bet for a build like this, you get Max Health, healing done/received, and the strongest sustain passive in the game imo. Jewelry glyphs I would do Shield Play and use Atronach mundus cuz you’ll need the extra Magicka recovery. Tri stat food also! Prisimatic enchants on the large body pieces of you can afford it, if not mix Max Stam and max Magicka glyphs until comfortable. I’d use a mix of Impen and sturdy traits on the armor pieces, infused/defending front bar Sword with crusher enchant and infused/defending back Bar Sword with Magicka Return enchant. :)

Hope that helps!

Edit: if you want to do slightly more damage drop the spell wall ultimate and put Standard on back Bar then swap fossilize with Noxious so your front bar will have Pierce Armor and Noxious. Then add Dawnbreaker of Smiting to your front bar. When in groups Pierce will be your spammable dps skill but use Noxious to applied fracture and DoT to enemies then when 7th is proc’d drop you Dawnbreaker with allied Ultimates to nuke groups. Dawnbreaker over Take flight because it will give you more damage, ultimate return if successful on kills and will do more damage to vampire (which many Builds are in Cyrodiil.)
    Edited by Valykc on December 11, 2017 11:32AM
    Options
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    Right now on my stam sorc I am rocking 5x Fortified Brass in med, 5x bone pirate, 1 pc random monster helm (bloodspawn or kena) with SnB/2h. I love this build. 28k resist and I am fast as hell.
    Options
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That does help Valykc. More often than not though I will be alone among the masses. Basically staying alive and being a pain in the buttocks.

Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »
    Footman
    Reactive
    Warrior Poet
    7th Legion

Of these options, I'd go with 7th Legion and maybe Reactive. Bloodspawn, Malubeth, or Engine Guardian for monster set. Bloodspawn is the most fun, imo.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Pirate Skeleton monster stack with Reactive damage reduction ?

Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »
    Does Pirate Skeleton monster stack with Reactive damage reduction ?

Yes.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options