The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Made the wrong sword...

erliesc
erliesc
✭✭✭
Trying to make a 2 hand sword...but made it at the wrong forge...so am forced to sell it at a reduced price...probably worth 65K....gold on gold...
I know nutting....
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sucks, but it is a matter of live and learn. I think this happens to everyone sooner or later. Me included. Always double check before you click that craft button.
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭
    Pay attention next time.
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean
    Ebonheart Pact Grand Overlord

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
  • mrdiamond666
    mrdiamond666
    ✭✭✭
    Crafting ain't no joke, take your time.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, happens to the best of us ...
    sad.gif
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to do it once to learn the double double check.

Check up top, check in the window, check before you upgrade a d double check lol.

Sucks. But hoping you can sell it. At least if its a set it might hold some value. The worst is when you don't change it to SET. And great a Stock item urgh
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow...what utterly unhelpful,replies, lol.

What did you end up making? I sell tons of stuff. Let me know what it is and I’ll let you know if I think it will sell. Set...style...trait.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is why should let the Master Crafters like myself handle these more indepth procedures instead of trying it yourself at home.
    warning-do-not-try-this-at-home.png?w=500
    warning.gif
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »

What did you end up making? I sell tons of stuff. Let me know what it is and I’ll let you know if I think it will sell. Set...style...trait.
    Hey Davey, the OP wasn't asking for help. More looking for sympathy and consolation. I think most replies were consistent with that goal.

@erliesc : Bummer about that mistake, but as many have mentioned, we pretty much all have done it at least once. And it's still painful!
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    Recently crafted a 2H and upgraded it to legendary for a master writ... forgot to make it in the set - just crafted as normal. Seeing red, I crafted the correct item straight away out of spite.

16 x 8k gold tempering alloys later, + mats, and those 51 writ vouchers cost me about 140k. Vowed never again to do a master writ asking for legendary items :(
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »

@davey1107, I'm not sure if there is any helpful reply ... since most crafted item sets (especially weapons) are made to order.

Agree with you, however, if the details of the sword can be supplied maybe it will sell. Or, better yet, transmuted.

It is funny seeing the occasional lone crafted item being advertised in zone chat. Then, you see the level or trait ... and understand why the sheepish owner is trying to unload it at a reduced price.

As @dwemer_paleologist said, sometimes it's best to leave gold items in the hands of experienced crafters.

I'm not sure we're going to see the OP back in this thread, however.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 12, 2017 1:59AM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Taleof2Cities Oh...master writs. Sorry, I misread that. I though he made the wrong set for gear people wear, like a sharpened night mother’s instead of Hundings...and I was going to help find a buyer.

• erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Sold it for 25K...somebody got a good deal.... Game gold...easy come...easy go.

Been chasing chests...both thieves guild and regular...got so much stuff to sell I'm running out of room.

Get fixated on the EASTER EGG HUNTS....
    I know nutting....
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Measure twice. Cut once
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As many have stated... I got a request from a guild mate to make a full set, purple whatever set with glyphs, you know the routine. I was on my crafter so I spoke up, I'll help. Went to make the set, did the whole damn thing, glyphs and all, went to mail the gear and noticed my error, it wasn't in the set. My mistake, I remade and shipped. That 5K tip cost me about 50K. I have not ( knock on wood) made that mistake again. I really think you have to do it once to get it ingrained into your brain, check, check, make, double check, improve to green, check, etc...
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck I just made a non-set piece last night for a random person who hit me up via xbox-messenger. Luckily it was just one piece and a level 26 item. Caught it before I purpled it out luckily.

Just goes to show it can happen to anyone, at anytime.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On PC: DOLGUBONS addon. Never happen again.