Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ally skills effects completely missing

Surgee
Surgee
✭✭✭✭
So we've just noticed that when our group mate (Warden) throws his AOE frost skills like Arctic Blast, Winters Revenge, or Elemental Blockade all of the effects are completely missing. Only the caster is animating but there is no ice displaying or anything on the ground. The effects only appear in a duel. It's really annoying because I can't see where my ally has aoe are active. We play in the same room. Tested on both Xbox One X and Xbox One. Before I will get a reply saying to reinstall the game etc...all my groupmates don't see the effects.
Edited by Surgee on January 6, 2018 1:27PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Try making sure your settings are set to show ally effects. You can find this by going to Settings > Video > Show Additional Ally Effects.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try making sure your settings are set to show ally effects. You can find this by going to Settings > Video > Show Additional Ally Effects.

Thanks for the reply but there is no such setting in xbox version.
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭

With one thing you're right. It's not just the Warden. ALL allies abilities are not displaying on Xbox One. This is very frustrating and makes the gameplay much harder. Can we PLEASE have an option that you've mentioned, to turn it back on? My allies can't even see my set effects that suppose to help them to survive. I understand that in Cyrodil it should be turned off to get the best performance, but why the hell it doesn't work even in PVE when questing?
  • Benemime
    Benemime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yea I’ve been having an issue with not seeing my own negate. I can see the “silence” notifications on the enemy but no actual negate
  • Grimsinger
    Grimsinger
    ✭✭
    Surgee wrote: »

This Xbox-only problem persists, and it is pretty silly.

Is there a fix in place yet? @ZOS_GinaBruno chimed in here, but now seems to have abandoned this thread.

Then @ZOS_BillE replied elsewhere to clear saved data, power cycle. That doesn't work.

I even went through a long process with customer service over this, and they didn't seem to know that this was an issue, which is super-discouraging.

Anyway, that all amounted to nothing, and here I am having attempted every supposed "fix" that I can find, with no successful resolution.

--> Is it possible, team, that this is actually not working as intended? Maybe something to, you know, fix? :wink:

Totally dumb that we cant see these effects. Please help.

Thanks
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grimsinger wrote: »
    Surgee wrote: »

This Xbox-only problem persists, and it is pretty silly.

Is there a fix in place yet? @ZOS_GinaBruno chimed in here, but now seems to have abandoned this thread.

Then @ZOS_BillE replied elsewhere to clear saved data, power cycle. That doesn't work.

I even went through a long process with customer service over this, and they didn't seem to know that this was an issue, which is super-discouraging.

Anyway, that all amounted to nothing, and here I am having attempted every supposed "fix" that I can find, with no successful resolution.

--> Is it possible, team, that this is actually not working as intended? Maybe something to, you know, fix? :wink:

Totally dumb that we cant see these effects. Please help.

Thanks

I was gone from ESO for like a year...logged in to forums and..wow..this is still not fixed? I really wanted to go bacm to game but things like this don't help.
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 Year? Laughing out Loud.

You've still 999,999 years to go until they respond again.
    Then 10million years to get that information to a developer.
    Sometime just before the Sun expands and consumes the Earth in around 7billion years you might have a fix in.
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kilnerdyne wrote: »
    1 Year? Laughing out Loud.

You've still 999,999 years to go until they respond again.
    Then 10million years to get that information to a developer.
    Sometime just before the Sun expands and consumes the Earth in around 7billion years you might have a fix in.

Hey, at least the crown store is getting updated regularly and works 100%....