The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

How to find decent gear for a new cp 160 player

Hiimfinest
Hey guys, I am running a breton magicka sorcerer and I am wondering what are ways to get decent armor relatively fast. I am looking for anything that would allow me to be semi successful in pvp. The pieces don't have to be legendary or top tier, just decent and relatively easy to obtain. In case my question isn't clear, I am wondering what some decent sets are and where to obtain them.

P.S. I don't have skills or time to craft anything
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    work on getting your crafting up to 6 traits for at least all your light pieces and possibly heavy chest. Then craft julianos. An all around great set for beginners and pros alike. Or you can probably buy pieces in guild stores or get someone to craft for you. Some sets you can farm from dungeons (even on normal) Netche's touch (darkshade), lich (crypt of hearts), Burning spell weave (city of ash).
    Edited by Mazbt on December 10, 2017 8:11PM
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭
    HiimFinest wrote: »
    Hey guys, I am running a breton magicka sorcerer and I am wondering what are ways to get decent armor relatively fast. I am looking for anything that would allow me to be semi successful in pvp. The pieces don't have to be legendary or top tier, just decent and relatively easy to obtain. In case my question isn't clear, I am wondering what some decent sets are and where to obtain them.

P.S. I don't have skills or time to craft anything

Find a set you want to run. Find out where it drops. Then..

Start Menu, Activity Finder, Dungeon Finder. Queue for that dungeon... rinse/repeat. Or find friends/guildies to help.
    XBX1 NA
    Healplar / StamDK-Tank / Stamblade / Magblade
    CP 810
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, I am running a breton magicka sorcerer and I am wondering what are ways to get decent armor relatively fast.
    Dust off your pets and start soloing selected non-dlc group dungeons on normal to farm gear.
    Google is your friend to find what sets drop where.

The only drawback is that jewelry will only drop in blue on normal but you can improve any armor and weapons all the way to gold if you have a crafter capable of doing so.
    :smile:
    Edited by SirAndy on December 10, 2017 8:24PM
  • xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    just buy it. easy to farm gold. you could have a really decent gear set up with maybe 10-20 hrs of gold farming.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To start off you could probably get someone in your guild to craft you a set of Julianos. Necropotence isn't terribly difficult to purchase these days either. Starting with that combination with impen will give you a decent start to play, be effective and start farming normal dungeons for other gear and veteran dungeons for monster sets and jewelry.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's ur platform / region?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Hiimfinest
    Beardimus wrote: »

I am on pc NA
  • Hiimfinest
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Hey guys, I am running a breton magicka sorcerer and I am wondering what are ways to get decent armor relatively fast.
    Dust off your pets and start soloing selected non-dlc group dungeons on normal to farm gear.
    Google is your friend to find what sets drop where.

The only drawback is that jewelry will only drop in blue on normal but you can improve any armor and weapons all the way to gold if you have a crafter capable of doing so.
    :smile:

Thank you for the friendly and informative reply
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

I am on pc NA

Ah ok, Sry can't help id have crafted some stuff
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try farming a little necropotence, just one or two pieces to begin, and buy the jewellery from guild traders.
    Find a guildie to craft (or buy from traders if cash-rich) a shacklebreaker set, and buy some witchmothers drinks from guild traders.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buy it from a trader....
  • gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    U can be very effective in stuff that sells at any guild store. Just gold out your weapons. You can find kind crafters in any guild who help u with that for sure.