The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Help with dungeon dps build

SilkySte
SilkySte
Hi,

Need some help getting my dps higher please, I have a high elf sourcerer build with the below stats but something seems wrong witht the build as I can only seem to get 12500ish dps out of the target skeleton, any help increasing this would be appreiciated.

Magica - 64
Boon - Theif
Max Magica - 41683 (with pet active) Mag re overy- 836
Max Health - 16151 (with pet active) Health recovery - 381
Max stam - 13655 Stam recovery - 627

Spell damage - 2060 (2503 with potion) Weapon Damage - 1415
Spell crit - 43% (53% with potion). Weapon Crit - 29.4%

Spell resist -14080. Physical resist - 9394
Crit resist - 0

Armour
Necropotence 5 peice (purple) have added spell damage enchantment to jewelry, the other enchantments are max magica
Spider cultist 5 peice (purple)

Weapon
Desto staff Asylum lightning (gold) with magica damage and restore magica for both staves
Resto staff Asylum (gold)

Obviously use a food buff all the time, but other than making everything gold (one day) how can I get my spell damage higher to get my dps higher? Or am I thinking and or building this all wrong?

• dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You missed the most important info, which is what your skill bars and rotation are. Also, your Blue tree CP would be useful info as well. Golding your gear won't make a big difference. The issue is more likely how you're playing, not what you're wearing.

Also, this is the wrong forum location for this question. It should be in either Players Helping Players or Combat Mechanics. Honestly, there are a ton of build advice threads in both of those areas for mag Sorc, so you might just need to look through those a little to get some good info to move you forward.
    Edited by dpencil1 on December 10, 2017 5:24PM
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    SilkySte wrote: »
    Hi,

Need some help getting my dps higher please, I have a high elf sourcerer build with the below stats but something seems wrong witht the build as I can only seem to get 12500ish dps out of the target skeleton, any help increasing this would be appreiciated.

Magica - 64
    Boon - Theif
    Max Magica - 41683 (with pet active) Mag re overy- 836
    Max Health - 16151 (with pet active) Health recovery - 381
    Max stam - 13655 Stam recovery - 627

Spell damage - 2060 (2503 with potion) Weapon Damage - 1415
    Spell crit - 43% (53% with potion). Weapon Crit - 29.4%

Spell resist -14080. Physical resist - 9394
    Crit resist - 0

Armour
    Necropotence 5 peice (purple) have added spell damage enchantment to jewelry, the other enchantments are max magica
    Spider cultist 5 peice (purple)

Weapon
    Desto staff Asylum lightning (gold) with magica damage and restore magica for both staves
    Resto staff Asylum (gold)

Obviously use a food buff all the time, but other than making everything gold (one day) how can I get my spell damage higher to get my dps higher? Or am I thinking and or building this all wrong?

What are you doing with the resto staff if you want to be the DD? For sorcs the critsurge is enough heals so you can drop the restostaff and use 2 destros.

• Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    Shield > Heals