The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Can we add more mini game (Chest, poker...)

lelink88
lelink88
✭✭✭
Can we add more mini game inside ESO as a funiture function of our house? If we can I can have more game to play with my friend. Such as Chest, Poker, etc....
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like something like that, something other than dueling or someone's makeshift Grand Topal parkour course.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    minigames in the pubs n bars would be awesome. they need to turn them into social centres, where we can go gamble, watch fist fights, play ESO legends against each other, etc, etc.
    still alot of work to be done in this game i feel for it to really satisfy its potential
    Edited by MakoFore on December 10, 2017 3:18AM
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see a Mount Racing game mode with a course builder, and during the actual race, having the facecams of the players in 1rst-4th place like in the older racing games. It's a real shame to me that racing games don't do that anymore.

You could have people gamble on winners as well.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Strip poker in the House of Earthly Delights. I never wondered about that name before I just said it... Now I will go to bed wondering where in Nirn they found Earth.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mini games would be awesome. It'd be cool to kind of have an Elder Scrolls twist on games like Chess (and card games too).

It does kind of feel that the pubs within the game are for NPC's rather than for players to explore.

A drinking game could be fun too. You try and outdrink your opponent - Theres something close to what i'm talking about in Riften with the nord festival.

Just as a side note: one of my favourite games is the witcher and part of that is because when you get bored killing *** you can go play Gwent for a bit. Being able to go play Chess or something against other players when you CBA doing a dungeon, or are waiting for folks to get their *** together for a trial would be awesome.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Athymhormia
    Athymhormia
    ✭✭✭
    Skeevaton races! Ever after that quest in Clockwork city I'm thinking it might be cool to have 1-4 Skeevaton-players race with obsticles, preferably randomly generated. Even if made not competetive enough, at least it'll be nice.
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is so much to add into housing, so many suggestions that could skyrocket this feature. But the resources they have and use are limited to designing new furniture every now and then with a new DLC.(there aren't even that many slots anymore) Housing feels like a person without soul right now. Empty vessels.
    Edited by makreth on December 10, 2017 4:29AM
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I think horse racing is one of promise which your company forgot a long time. You should give that idea to dev team and consider horse racing and horse costume as a profitable function as well as some mini game to add inside house
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea poker game inside eso game would be good.
    Some people maybe bored of logging in to do fights and dungeons, why not make some people log in and play poker games inside eso.
    Just like red dead redemption, there are all sorts of mini game and poker that can be played and chilled inside the game.
    I hope this would come true in 2018 ZOS. Cos lots of people are legit bored of the game, and the casual players there is in the gaming industry, you better draw those social casual players in.
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Pc na
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lelink88 wrote: »
    Can we add more mini game inside ESO as a funiture function of our house? If we can I can have more game to play with my friend. Such as Chest, Poker, etc....

I like playing with Chests....hehe.. And I like playing Chess also!!
    Huzzah!!!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really REALLY need this.

Someone said gambling laws wouldn't let them a while back when I asked before however.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    I think RNG is already a type of gambling so I'm not worry about laws soo much. There are alway a way to do that. And if I'm not wrong DOTA2 is the most gambling game ever, and still very popular
    Edited by lelink88 on December 10, 2017 8:08AM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gwent-like mini game = awesomeness!
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS will never add a new feature to ESO, unless they can figure out a way to monetize it....and then break it.
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    Acttually, they can monetize it
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    I remember vaguely a mmo i played back in the day that had checkers and chess, even duels where you could get gold and items on yourself if you win. People used to throw down 1m on a duel. Would be a lot of fun.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think it would be -great- to have tavern minigames in ESO.

Make up a bunch of tavern-tastic minigames, things like dartboards, card tables, drinking contests, dice games, arm wrestling, dance competitions, boardgames, eating contests, magical illusion tug-o-war, juggling competitions, insult fights, singing/music contests, riddling contests, etc. They could even use the same mechanics in different clothing - like, the altmer dartgame could be an knife throwing game in redguard lands, and an axe throwing game in nord territory, an archery game in bosmer lands and a stone throwing competition among khajiit... the card table could be something poker-ish among bretons and a memory matching game among dunmer while a blackjack themed game in imperial territory... the boardgame could be chess in breton lands, checkers in argonian territory, go in dunmer lands and get-a-number-in-a-row in bosmer lands, or such stuff... et cetera.

And it would also be quite nifty if character differences affected minigame chances in some of them... just to throw more varietee into the mix! So for example the arm wrestling contest would give an advantage to high health players (since I doubt the game would be set up to recognize avatar shape - but if that can be coded, I would more love to see a huge advantage for "big and muscular" characters over "small and wiry" ones!), the dance competition might favor high stamina and the magical games high magica (duh)... dart/axe/whatever throwing might benefit from fighter guild levels, the juggling from legerdemain advancement (those nimble fingers...) and of course some games should be completely unaffected by any character differences (like rolling the dice, or the card games, stuff that depends more on luck rather then physical or magical ability)...

And then pick two of them and plop them into every tavern, one to be played against an NPC, and one to be playable with a player opponent... varying all over the place. So one tavern could have for example a dartboard game to be played with friends and an arm wrestling table to challenge the local (NPC) strongarm champion, while the next tavern might have a arm wrestling table to compete against players and a dice game going on in the corner against some shady NPC, while the next taverm might have the dice game to play against your friends and a drinking contest to go against the local master chugger, and the next tavern might have the drinking game against players and a chessboard to challenge some hedge wizard, and the next tavern... you get the idea, right? ;)

And then...

There could be even more minigames outside tavern life! Like... remember that place in Reapers march with the spikeball races and betting on fightes? Why not expand on that? Why not have horse races in the alik'r where the finest horses in tamriel race for a prize, wresling rings in skyrim where oiled nords grapple with each other, an "competition" option to duels in hammerdeth arena where people can duel not just for fun, but also for a prize, maybe even a whole pet race system where various player pets can be trained and race against each other...
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always send what this game needs is more gambling
  • MasterLenman
    MasterLenman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Gwent-like mini game = awesomeness!

But instead of gwent it would probably be based off Legends. Or be lazy and just add an in-game client for the actual Legends game :D
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have been saying this since the very beginning. We had frog racing in Auridon before, but even that got taken out. MMOs are in DESPERATE need of mini games. Elder Scrolls legends should have been a mini game in ESO, that is not even debateable. Whoever thought it should be stand alone should be dragged out in the street and ..... slapped....hard.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In game gambling with virtual currency worth nothing is fine. What bothers me is crown crates. Funny how they let us gamble with real money but not wit gold.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those mini-games in Hadrans Caravan should be based on winning gold. The adorable lizard racing would be much more entertaining if there were rewards based on rng or a fixed amounts of gold.

Lizard_racing1.png
    Edited by Gargath on December 10, 2017 3:24PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »

In game gambling with virtual currency worth nothing is fine. What bothers me is crown crates. Funny how they let us gamble with real money but not wit gold.

To you, but apparently not to many.
    As to me, I have no problem with gambling, be it through crown crates, or in-game poker or horse racing for gold. In fact, I would love to see these features put in. Each person can decide on their own, if they want to participate and for how much.
    However, the anti-gambling group here does not seem to be objecting to the loss of real money, but rather a gambling addict (active or inactive) being triggered (at least thats the excuse I see over and over in the million or so posts on the subject, not the 'I'm against it because I lost money and didnt get my item' complaints).
    And I suspect they will claim that these addicts will be triggered whether they are using crowns or gold (and lets not forget 'wont anyone think of the children?').
    Too bad, because again, I myself would really like to see some poker, horse racing, caravan anyone? lol added to the game, but I suspect many will oppose it for the triggering factor, as I understand it anyway..

As a side note, Ive bought a total of 15 crates since they were introduced. I never paid real money for them, I always used crowns. Crowns are not a real currency (not where I live anyway lol).
    You can try to tell me that I bought those crowns with real money, and you'd be correct, but that was a purchase (they promised me a certain number of crowns for my money, and they delievered. It wasnt gambling to me.) And dont forget, because the anti-gambling group will not, that gold can be purchased for real money as well.
    But I dont want to revisit this crate subject again, I want to play poker and bet on horse races :) Of course the downside is, if such features were put into the game I dont think my main would ever bother with a quest or farming again lol
    Edited by Vulsahdaal on December 10, 2017 3:41PM
  • GabiAlex
    GabiAlex
    ✭✭✭✭
    THWIP71 wrote: »
    ZOS will never add a new feature to ESO, unless they can figure out a way to monetize it....and then break it.

They can if there is a a card game. In KOTOR there was pazaak, simple card game with customizable deck. No pictures or complicated design, just some cards with numbers on them and some colors. A game like this can be quite lore friendly too in TES universe.

You can start with a basic deck, but for the customization part you can find more cards in chest or whatever, or simply buy booster packs with crowns. So yeah, ZoS can monetize this. For other kind of mini games they can make people to stick around more. Some are keeping playing mostly because the friends they made in game, having other options to spend the time with them than the usual routine will make them invest more time in the game.
    @GabiAlex - PC EU Megaserver
    Delora Xiaphia - Aldmeri Dominion - Nightblade Bosmer
    Ugrim gro-Khar - Daggerfall Covenant - Dragonknight Orsimer
    Sena R'en - Ebonheart Pact - Sorcerer Dunmer
    Fjorik Firebeard - Ebonheart Pact - Templar Nord
    Ophelia Adel Maris - Aldmeri Dominion - Sorcerer Breton
    Drinks-In-Silence - Ebonheart Pact - Dragonknight Argonian
    Floriancen Larethian - Aldmeri Dominion - Warden Altmer
    Zahir at Unar - Daggerfall Covenant - Nightblade Redguard

• Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was a chest poker once
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lelink88 wrote: »
    Sure my friend, Pacrooti like to play minigames, here is your poker cards and chest full of great prizes if you are lucky enough.

maxresdefault.jpg

Sure It will be nice to have some sort of repeatable quest for fun activities such as Frog Racing in Skywatch
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Racer
    If it was like quest but with random outcome.
    Edited by Konstant_Tel_Necris on December 10, 2017 6:14PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knife throwing like darts would be fun. In my main home I have a straw cover on wall with knives and axes sticking out of it. I would love cards, dice, horse and dog races. I even take fishing and hunting tournaments.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GabiAlex wrote: »
    THWIP71 wrote: »

They can if there is a a card game. In KOTOR there was pazaak, simple card game with customizable deck. No pictures or complicated design, just some cards with numbers on them and some colors. A game like this can be quite lore friendly too in TES universe.

You can start with a basic deck, but for the customization part you can find more cards in chest or whatever, or simply buy booster packs with crowns. So yeah, ZoS can monetize this. For other kind of mini games they can make people to stick around more. Some are keeping playing mostly because the friends they made in game, having other options to spend the time with them than the usual routine will make them invest more time in the game.

They already monetized this..It is called "TES: Legends"......Lmao! :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Balgost
    Balgost
    ✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    Strip poker in the House of Earthly Delights. I never wondered about that name before I just said it... Now I will go to bed wondering where in Nirn they found Earth.

This would be a great place to play Chest too.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hell yeah I'm all for this!