The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cant decide what to play...

SunBroDesion
SunBroDesion
✭✭
Having some trouble deciding on what class to play, ive narrowed it down to nightblade,templar or dragon knight. I mostly play pve right now, i do want to move towards pvp once i can find a guild or group of friends to play with. I want to be able to take on groups of enemies head on and survive, and maybe if *** hits the fan be able to duck out asap.
Edited by SunBroDesion on December 10, 2017 1:33AM
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a quite broad topic and there's tons to say about it. Without more elaboration on your end, it's hard to give advice aside from "check out the forum search" or the Internet in general for class descriptions and info. Or check out this thread where another player was just given hints about classes: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/384714/need-an-advice-as-a-new-player-regarding-dk#latest
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    play LEGO, till you get it out!
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having some trouble deciding on what class to play, ive narrowed it down to nightblade,templar or dragon knight. I mostly play pve right now, i do want to move towards pvp once i can find a guild or group of friends to play with. I want to be able to take on groups of enemies head on and survive, and maybe if *** hits the fan be able to duck out asap.

Well based on what you wrote we can split classes into two groups. One tanky classes that can survive a lot and more mobile classes that can escape more easly. Tanky ones are in general DK's, Templars and Wardens. The mobile ones are Sorcs and NB's. You can do some tweaks so DK can be more mobile or NB to be tanky but it requires some theory crafting and knowledge about game mechanics so if you are new to the game stick to what I've wrote.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    start like all other ppl.go first with a mag sorc-after 2,3 months where you have some money,mats and basic knowledge of game mechanics etc go with a n/b
    or be prepared -as a newbie- to die at every dolmen or with every enemy that cast spells at you
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    start like all other ppl.go first with a mag sorc-after 2,3 months where you have some money,mats and basic knowledge of game mechanics etc go with a n/b
    or be prepared -as a newbie- to die at every dolmen or with every enemy that cast spells at you
    Also note that ESO has stamina and magic builds of all classes, you can play an stamina sorcerer with bow and daggers.
    If you are an stamina build you want to get into Cyrodil for vigor and caltrops.
    Also get into some guilds, they will craft gear for you and lots of other perks. Also friends for PvP and dungeons.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s hard to say which class would be best for you. Players can have strong feelings about the classes either way, and it’ll all depend on your play style and which one clicks for you. My advice for new players is always to roll a couple of characters, your top 2-3 choices. Play these a bit, to level 15or so, and see if one stands out to focus on.

Looking at your lists, some thoughts.

For a new player, DKs are my least favorite as a first character. You’ll do a lot of questing and character building, and they are slow going. A lot of people start with them because they’re tanky, and get bored. I like them...but I always tell new players to build one down the road when you’re more experienced and can gear them for higher dps and quicker play.

Templars are a great starter class, magic or stam. They can do some in-your-face fighting and have good survival.

Nightblades are my personal favorite, but they’re a unique play style that has a steeper learning curve. If you want to strategize a bit - pause to consider buff and debuffs, how to approach a fight, how to kite - they’re a good starter class. If you just want to walk into battle face-first, uh...not so much.

And based on your description...consider a stam sorc. This is an oddity to eso, but they really work, and they’re really fun. They push out a ton of in your face damage, and they have good sustain and survivability. The key for a newer player trying stam sorc is to understand that you will be relying on mostly weapon abilities over class abilities. Stam sorcs only use 3-4 of the class abilities, which are mostly geared to magic. But those 3-4 are awesome abilities. They then round out theirmbars with weapon skills. A Khajiit stam sorc would play exactly as you describe - swoop in boldly,to,utterly slaughter mobs, with the ability to back off and kite from range of things get hairy.