The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

CPU at 100% after starting game

Danny_UK
Danny_UK
✭✭✭
I'm having trouble running the game right now and wonder if someone can help me. I've been playing with no problems 2 days ago, it's only since i've updated my addons through minion that it seemed to happen, maybe something to do with updating add ons? I'm not sure. Anyway when I start the game through Steam and click play, it logs in but it's running very slow. My fans start going full blast and looking at the performance in task manager my CPU is at 100%, this should not be right. I close the game and it drops back to normal. I've never had this trouble before my CPU is i74790k and GPU GTX970
  • Danny_UK
    Danny_UK
    ✭✭✭
    Just an update, I removed my drivers for graphics card and re installed the latest Nvidea and restarted. I've logged in to ESO and all seems fine for now. So I guess it was either my drivers or the game itself. I'm not sure how long it will last but I hope I have solved it on my own. If anyone has this problem maybe you can try the same thing.