The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

An Orc Gal DK Tank wants to level up first...

duendology
duendology
✭✭✭✭✭
So, because I have tried neither Orc nor Dragonknight so far...
I created an Orc girl and made her DK class.
I want her to be a tank..that's the end goal. [My instinct tells me to put most points to health..or half/half health/stamina?]
Optionally, because Orcs are somewhat versatile (and DK looks like a cool class), maybe with some dps support every now and then.

BUT it seems most of the DK class abilities are magica based...and for the levelling up purposes I am confused as to where I should be putting all the attributes points to try out first all the classes abilities?

I appreciate all help and suggestions!
PC/NA
- Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
- Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
- Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
And..
- High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dedicated tank builds tend to be somewhat hybrid - you want a good pool of stamina for blocking/bashing/dodging and your 1H+S skills, but you also need magicka for utility skills. It's also not what I would recommend for leveling; I would recommend leveling to a significant extent first. If you're going Orc, being more stamina based would make sense to me, but you can build a DK tank in the end with either resource pool being where your focus is. The DK class skills are mostly magicka yes, and the 2 stamina morphs aren't really tank specific skills either, so you do end up relying more on weapon skills.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guy I used to play with had an Orc DK tank that was Magicka based. He felt that the Orc passives plus heavy attacks kept him with enough stamina to block and fire off the 1H/S skills he needed.

kringled is correct; pure tanks are tedious to level.

For me and my play style, I'd start by putting everything into Magicka and leveling as a caster far enough to get the destro passives for Frost staff tanking while unlocking all my class skills and passives. Then I'd respec to all stamina, and double bar 1H/S to get that up. Then another respec to adjust my build to the groove I found while playing the toon.

8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I realise I'll have to make a choice in the end game..the hybrid I mean.

But for levelling up purposes? I should play my orc as dps dk and THEN relocate attributes (and CP points) later to make her a Tank DK when I hit 50?
    Kind of torn between magica and stamina then. Entire class is magica based wheras the weapon I want to use as a tank is stamina based. And she's an orc...
    Dilemma Dilemma.

But thank you, thank you :)
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..

• GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's faster/easier to level your class skills if you're a Magicka build. It's faster/easier to level 1H/S if you're a Stamina build. A full respec, even if you have 200 skill points and 64 attribute points, only costs 13.2K gold.

And you might want to level Destruction staff for back bar frost staff tanking, since the heavy attack returns resources, taunts, and grants a damage shield.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank You, @GimpyPorcupine :)
    PC/NA
    And..