The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Did you/will you buy the new house?

• Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will NOT be buying the house.
    I previewed and stumbled off a high ledge and died. I decided I better wait for a house with railings.
    Master Craftsman!
  • Kevin_of_Devinshire
    Yes. I have already bought the house unfurnished.
    6lnsw7rtx1l5.jpg
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 1(in words: ONE) home and it will do.
    but will get me strident springs, just because it has much rooms,
    and not like the most homes just one room like a stable..............
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've lost my chance to buy Tel Galen, though I wasnt very motivated to buy any game houses for real money. I found Saint Delyn penthouse as awesome as cheap, so dont wanna spoil any anount of $ for any non-real houses and furnishings
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I must admit that this house is very climatic, beautiful and with lots of possibilities. I loved it at first sight already on the PTS. And with the upcoming holidays you can feel the magic in this place. But I won't be buying this because it is crown store only and I don't buy housing related stuff in the crown store, especially the ridiculously overpriced houses. But I'm not that much interested into housing anyway. I even haven't furnished my first house yet lol
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why HAVEN'T we had an orc longhouse. thats classic tes architecture.

This is a good idea.
    A mini-stronghold with a longhouse, forge and a couple of tents would be cool.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1/3 the size of the smallest manor and 13k crown only price. Get real.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a nice house, but not a big fan of orc architecture anyway. Plus it's $100, crowns only, and limited time.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • krismissee82
    krismissee82
    ✭✭✭
    The price is just way too high.
    Kaelindi - Stamblade
    Maelindi - Magblade
    Lindi - Magblade healer
    Lindi the Builder - Stamblade
    Lindi Stardust - Magplar
    PC NA
  • Wraithscream
    Wraithscream
    ✭✭✭
    Their crown store homes are ridiculously priced. But the people who have the money for them keep buying them so that's why those of us who can't afford it will never see cheap houses again. Oh they might throw a bone (witches cottage) once a year but the name of the game is money. Not customer satisfaction.
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking for myself. I think it is way overpriced, especially with the item count) and I can't ever justify for myself buying it.

I really like that housing is in this game and enjoy messing about with it. It is a big plus for me. I do like "owning" a little place in the world i can call my own. helps immersion and give me something fun to do/game goals.

But while it is better then some games housing I played if they even had housing (Lotro), it is a fair few steps back from the housing systems I got spoiled with (rift, wildstar specifically. Those were really creative, endless options and possibilities (rescaleable items, precision placing, plenty of building blocks, huge areas, up to 2800 items for rift (i did use those up, made 50+ item custom piano's and such).
    I do like ESO better game wise now and don't play those 2 games anymore. But there is the fact housing there made me stick with those way way longer then I otherwise would have. And I did spend money on it. But even there i would not have spend that much on a house as ESO asks for those mansions. Stuff did cost less there too. So honestly ESO housing stuff for money doesn't feel like good value for money for me, especially if i compare it to what I was used to.

So I just get by nicely enough with gold bought ESO houses and they give me something to spend my gold on. So while housing definitely helps me enjoy the game and get more out of it, it's lacking a bit to much to spend real money on.
    Edited by Orticia on December 13, 2017 7:09PM
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides of being too expensive, it would fit only one character of my toons. The rest are living in warmer regions of Tamriel.
    Kettleone wrote: »
    Already bought it. It's a ton of fun and I love that you can build off the cliff and along the mountainside. Here's a little look at what I've done so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3pB0VrOouI

Uhm... the green trees are really not fitting for the snowy environment. :s
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kettleone , nice job. I like what you did with paintings.. like just placed the on the ground against wall. :) it's a good trick especially in homes where walls or floors are not flat.
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dOn'T liKe ThE fLoOr.

But i like that they no longer hinder creativity with unnecessarily close invisible walls.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Kettleone
    Kettleone
    ✭✭
    Yes, I have already bought the house furnished.
    Adernath wrote: »

4c7d5b180e27ea2e6478537dbc8253ec-500.jpg
    Edited by Kettleone on December 14, 2017 8:17AM
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kettleone wrote: »
    Adernath wrote: »

4c7d5b180e27ea2e6478537dbc8253ec-500.jpg

No no, your trees are ordinary (non-needle) trees... and the weather in your home is also different than on your picture. Just look at the standard trees in your garden. They are covered in a layer of frost.
    Edited by Adernath on December 15, 2017 12:26AM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the votes seem to be overwhelmingly "no thanks" on this particular house offering. Reading through, there seem to be a number of reasons for this. The high price (WHY should ANY house cost more than the game itself or any of the game's expansions... chapters?) seems to come up a lot. But the items slot count and player cap come up as well. As does people just not favoring this design. So, lots of things "wrong" with this one it seems. Let's hope ZOS gets it right next time.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    So the votes seem to be overwhelmingly "no thanks" on this particular house offering. Reading through, there seem to be a number of reasons for this. The high price (WHY should ANY house cost more than the game itself or any of the game's expansions... chapters?) seems to come up a lot. But the items slot count and player cap come up as well. As does people just not favoring this design. So, lots of things "wrong" with this one it seems. Let's hope ZOS gets it right next time.

The Orbservatory Prior was a homerun imo. The art department had a good 2017.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just bought the Earthtear Cavern so I'm all crowned out for a while.

My next little cosy home I want is Grymharth's Woe. After I redo my Strident Springs. Most stuff there went to my cave so...
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love a house in a winter environment with a small garden and especially for a affordable price. Grymharth's Woe is nice but I'm missing the outside.

In my opinion this is still missing and this "house" here is not really a house as already mentioned a lot in this thread.
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will I be buying it? That depends. Let's see if a Crown Sale happens, then we'll see. XP
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will I be buying it? That depends. Let's see if a Crown Sale happens, then we'll see. XP

Yep, lack of a major crown sale is also holding me back from buying a 24 player house.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    1) It looks very cold and unwelcoming, and I'm not a fan of Orc aestetic.
    2) 700 slots isnt enough for a mansion. I wont spend crowns on them until the limit is increased.

THIS exactly.

And the insufficient slots number is the most important reason; empty houses, no thanks.

Edited by RANKK7 on December 17, 2017 11:29PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cold. Draughty. Ruined. Expensive.

Even if I'm a fan of orcish aesthetic, orc houses should be warm and welcoming, just like the longhouses in Betnikh.

For me the first three are positives....but just too much $$$ took me a month to save up for the witches house.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • playerkiller247
    playerkiller247
    ✭✭✭
    I totally love the house and location but the price for it is ridiculous
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drafty. There aren't any closed rooms. It looks like your characters would freeze to death up there.
    Also, uneven floors that you can't lay rugs down on.
    Also, WAAAYYYY too expensive.

I would rather have had a small Orc longhouse.

Edited by SydneyGrey on December 21, 2017 7:31AM
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Houses (especially the crown exclusives like this one) are far too expensive and I can go out and buy 2 brand new games for the price of this house. It's absurd that they charge so much for digital content, especially content with no real function or utility. I mean FFS, houses should have storage and their ridiculous excuse for not adding storage is such BS.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like cold weather, but I don't want to freeze to death while sleeping. It's not a place where I would want to spend christmas with my family, I would prefer a nordic house made from gingerbread, with option to eat the walls and get hp boost, that's all.
    PC/EU
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already have a decent size home that I work on from time to time. Not my focus. I do not need another huge home to deal with.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Herelacfreahelm
    Herelacfreahelm
    ✭✭✭
    This house is way too over priced with all the furnishing but really are useless and have no function.