The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What skills go through block?

splitsand
splitsand
✭✭✭
What the title says!

Been getting really annoyed with all of the blocking going on lately, and I only know of a few skills that go through block...Sub Assault/Shalk, Curse and fury, PoTL. Are there anymore?

What are all of the ways to kill someone through block?

Thanks!

- splitsand
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Power of the light
    Curse
    Fear
    Petrify
    Sorceror cc (name escapes me)
    Destro ultimate
    Bleed
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sly007 wrote: »
    Power of the light
    Curse
    Fear
    Petrify
    Destro ultimate
    Bleed

Which is why I. I'm surprised Northern Storm doesn't, and also surprised Vampire Drain doesn't go through block either...

I don't believe Templar or Warden has a CC that goes through block
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I'm not entirely sure, but does Fletcher flies go through block?

Watching a video of myself and I'm 90% sure flies is unblockable
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 8, 2017 7:45PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A little note is that fear and petrify are amazing tools., especially against a magDk permablocker. The idea is draining their stamina pool with forcing them to use break free/dodge rolls.

So a stamDk with fossilize or an eternal hunt stamblade will have a strong advantage vs a permablocker.

Also I dont know how but stamplars are able to melt any tank block or not. They need to build for damage tho.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little note is that fear and petrify are amazing tools., especially against a magDk permablocker. The idea is draining their stamina pool with forcing them to use break free/dodge rolls.

So a stamDk with fossilize or an eternal hunt stamblade will have a strong advantage vs a permablocker.

Also I dont know how but stamplars are able to melt any tank block or not. They need to build for damage tho.

Templars do have that DMG to blockers buff
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • splitsand
    splitsand
    ✭✭✭
    Power of the light
    Curse
    Fear
    Petrify
    Destro ultimate
    Bleed
    *Sub Assault/Shalk*

Thanks! Is there anyway to increase block cost -- i.e. through poisons or skills? I'm just getting tired of playing solo in BG's against pre-mades with permablockers on flags lol.
    Edited by splitsand on December 8, 2017 7:48PM
  • splitsand
    splitsand
    ✭✭✭

Does burning light (extra damage from passive) go through block? Or does it increase the cost?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    splitsand wrote: »
    Power of the light
    Curse
    Fear
    Petrify
    Destro ultimate
    Bleed
    *Sub Assault/Shalk*

Thanks! Is there anyway to increase block cost -- i.e. through poisons or skills? I'm just getting tired of playing solo in BG's against pre-mades with permablockers on flags lol.

I've heard poisons that increase cost, increase the cost of all mechanics. I.e. CC break, dodge roll, block, etc.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Petrify/Fossilize is really great on my stamDK vs blockers.
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Direct damage DoTs ignore block, so Poison Injection, DK Claws, etc.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    splitsand wrote: »

Does burning light (extra damage from passive) go through block? Or does it increase the cost?

I forget if burning light is blockable (I assume it was.)

It still does 10% extra dmg, but not efficient use of resources trying to spam jabs against a blocking target with the hope burning light will help bring the blocker down. This is because its going to do a low amount of dmg so 10% of a low number isnt much of a boost.

Still, templars can do 10% extra dmg with reflective light or empowering sweeps dots. Anything with a damage over time component, you will want to use on blocking targets. This includes things like dawnbreaker, meteor dot, blazing spear, solar barrage, etc. This is why many templar players always suggest boosting your DOT dmg with Thaumaturge.

You can also use power of the light or purifying light. but in my mind, you need to use dots anyway to get the dmg to stick on targets that will be blocking.

Another spell to use, if you are a magplar, is to run Unstable Core. You lose the ability to CC reliably (not that youll notice since we have no unblockable cc), but you gain a 4-5k dmg that's both unblock-able and undogeable. This dmg will also do 10% extra on the blocking target, and if it's a DK running their armor buff spell that return melee dmg, Unstable Core will cause them to also take redirected dmg that is also unblockable lol. Just debuff the target, buff yourself, apply reflective light+purifying light, and cast UC-Light Attack-Jabs-Dawnbreaker-jabs.

Templars have great skills for facing against blocking builds.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, Siphoner CP star also reduces other regen sources. Like potions, recovery, restore passives/skills, etc. Anyone know if this reduces the Constitution Heavy Armor passive?

I probably wouldn't do more than 1-5%, since you'll lose out on getting 10-20% reductions for your block/break free/and dodge roll, but any little bit helps! Plus is adds another debuff templars have to fight through with their purge. If you can get 6 debuffs, you can force templar blockers to use up mag for purges keeping them busy so you can hit squishier targets.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual