The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How many crown crates did you buy this time around?

HighKinlady
HighKinlady
✭✭✭✭
How many did you buy this time around? And don't lie...RNGesus is watching.
Edited by HighKinlady on December 8, 2017 6:17PM
XB NA
High Kinlady

PC : Kinlady

How many crown crates did you buy this time around? 228 votes

I just opened my free ones. No more after that.
62%
billp_ESOSirAndydriosketchSolarikenwayfarerxDeadlyRecluseMojmirBelegnoleArobainFunrukdurkhaDarcyMardinAlendrinArizona_Stevemoutonmareikeb16_ESOHrogunDanikatDarkstorneScardyFoxAlienSlof 143 votes
1-5 crates
12%
SlayerSyrenaLadyAstrumAurielleAektanndjoganiEasily_LostC0L0SSUSJaybe_MawfakaOutLaw_NynxChilly-McFreezeJaenairephileunderx2PwooThannazzarduendologyMinyassaForgeMotherInvocaSisterGoatApache_Kid 28 votes
6-10 crates
2%
CaffeinatedMayhemresdayn00Nocturnal_AnnoyanceOnslow666HighKinladydrmambo199 6 votes
11-15 crates
8%
Catsmoke14LisaAelorinIruil_ESOSheezabeastEddyblesollCh4mpTWCynnaliaAmyxleexownsxuQwazzyBlazingDynamoRouvenRABIDxWOLVERINEInsanepirate016lackzeu5Hippie4927HJSmith24Cortanacamo 19 votes
16-20 crates
3%
notimetocareSirGabenOfSteamiaSofiDesuneplaysforfunbeetlekleePrayingSeraphCharliff1966 7 votes
I bought a lot but its best if we probably don't put the number out there.
8%
HanokihsDirtySouthWookiePetitesseFearlessOne_2014SarevoccVoodooPlatypuskrismissee82KramUzibraLethalTigerBobby_V_Rockitmethod__01Dark_Lord_Kurobutternutbuttchris211TonyRockaroniRespect4EldersLiving_DedEatmyfaceBloodBeast_ESOFunhammy 20 votes
I'm against crates. I didn't even open my free ones.
2%
ElsonsoleeuxMenelaosMyrnhielThe_Lex 5 votes
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people who do buy them are embarrassed or are not people who come to the forums. They are kind of treated like *** by the community.

Edit: I usually buy 1 set of them but i took a break for like 5 months
    Edited by magictucktuck on December 8, 2017 6:19PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • kimaeril
    kimaeril
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't bought any since my free ones. Sometimes I'll buy a few after my free ones but I'm not sure if I will this time.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2 pack of 15 with eso+ crown
  • HighKinlady
    HighKinlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    6-10 crates
    i had some crowns saved up. I was pretty lucky with the ones i spent it on, i won't need any more trash pots for awhile now. /sarcasm
    XB NA
    High Kinlady

• monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-5 crates
    I opened free ones got nothing but potions etc

Used my eso plusc1500 crowns for 4 storm crates got nothing but tats and potions and dumb guar non combat pet

I will no longer ever take part unless it's free
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-5 crates
    I bought 4 crates on pc and 1 crate on ps4. The pc lot was mainly to get gems so I could buy the leopard senche. On ps4 I only had 600 crowns. I did get the white wolf mount out of this crate so it was fine.
    Edited by phileunderx2 on December 8, 2017 6:25PM
  • playsforfun
    playsforfun
    ✭✭✭✭
    16-20 crates
    i'm a idiot i always say i'm not going to buy then the gambling addict in me strikes and i end up buy a few
  • billp_ESO
    billp_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same as always, zero purchased crown crates.

I don't really like to gamble much; and the crown crates aren't even really gambling, since there's no way to know what the chances are, and no way to know if ESO is simply rigging the crates for their own purposes.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was lucky enough to get the leopard senche in my free crates. After that, I had just enough gems left over from the previous season to buy everything else I wanted, including the flame atronach senche mount.

PC EU
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    11-15 crates
    I bought 15 more for the crown gems. I wanted the mage's cat and knew I wouldn't get it in the crates.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1-5 crates
    Exactly 1. Had some crowns over from sub and I didn't know what to spend them on. Forgot what was in it, so probably nothing nice. But I had some nice stuff in the free crates, was positively surprised by RNGesus.
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-5 crates
    3 and got my Malacath Statue on the last one, so 6 in total opened.
  • mareikeb16_ESO
    mareikeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont buy crown crates because I would like to know what I'm getting for my money.
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-5 crates
    I used my eso+ crowns. and honestly i was just trying to get gems. as from the last 3 batches of crates had me close to 100 gems so i figured i could just buy the item i wanted. Well I got my 100 gems and a few extra off doubles, so I bought my ice wolf and now i have 16 gems so if any of the lowest tier stuff looks good next batch i can but it outright. For the most part in each season the stuff i wanted has been 16 gems…except for that ice wolf that i mssed the first time around.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    11-15 crates
    I opened the 3 free and bought 1 15pack. it left me without the mount I wanted of course, but close to 400 gems which I'd accumulated over time. I then waited a few days and used my monthly crowns on the 4 pack. of course no mount but I just hit 400 and bought the fire horse. and although I want the skin, im not gonna gamble for it.
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    would have bought some if they had a sale on crowns.
  • HighKinlady
    HighKinlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    6-10 crates
    Dragath wrote: »
    would have bought some if they had a sale on crowns.
    one can only hope there will be one soon

XB NA
    High Kinlady

• RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I refuse to support any form of lootboxes
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    11-15 crates
    Got the Akaviri motif from the free ones then saw I had almost enough gems to buy the Yokudan Motif so I spent some crowns to get the remaining gems. Ended up getting an imperial centurian costume as well as 2 other imperial costumes that I liked so It wasn't all bad. I wish I could have resisted the temptation but they know that's what the free ones make you do.... Impulse buy and.... I did :(

Sorry guys and Gals I know I became part of the problem lol I hate crown crates too so I feel like a double fool haha.
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never bought any, never will. I don't gamble with real money.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't bought any since they started adding mounts that can't be bought with gems. Downright dirty and just says f you to the consumer. Before that however I'd buy no less than 3 5000 packs.
    Edited by Sevn on December 8, 2017 10:11PM
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a couple Wild Hunt Crates and a couple Dwarven crates. I am Morally opposed to Gambling but because they had a Currency, Crown Gems that could be used to purchase Crate items, I felt it was acceptable. However, Since they temporarily dropped Storm Crates and did not allow the use of Crown Gems to serve their purpose and will be doing the same with reintroducing Wild Hunt Crates, I will NOT be buying anymore Crates and I've cancelled my membership for their lack of Customer service. I was raising concerns about the PREDATORY GAMBLING practices they have implemented into a community of People who play games for hours on end, clearly displaying addictive behavior. This is very concerning and upsetting. Instead of addressing my concerns, they erased them completely for being inflammatory spam, which would not happen if they ever gave an answer to any of my Problems... The only reason I ever come to the Forum IS TO complain, and I would argue that I shouldn't have to otherwise.
    This was my warning, so I may be banned after this Despite having been here SINCE BETA....

"ZoS[ ] December 6
    Hello there,

Recently we've had to remove two of your comments from the two following threads:

A compromise in the crate gambling debate
    Crown store greed.

The reason being that these posts were considered spam, which is against the Forum Rules. Since this is not the first time we've had to contact you regarding spam, we've felt it necessary to give you an official warning. Also, you are more than welcome to voice your dissatisfaction as long as you abide by the forum rules, refrain from bashing or flaming other members of the community for their opinions. Any further infractions will only lead to further action on your account.

Thank you for understanding. "

I do not understand, sir.

Edited by Radiance on December 13, 2017 4:24AM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just the free ones, as usual. Saving the crowns for Frostcaster style as I missed it last year.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    11-15 crates
    Bought 15 got the cold fire wolf. <3
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    you don't want to know
  • HighKinlady
    HighKinlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    6-10 crates
    chris211 wrote: »
    you don't want to know

:|:s

XB NA
    High Kinlady

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm against crates. I didn't even open my free ones.
    Why would someone ruin a perfectly good Crown Crate by opening it?

I suppose y'all unwrap Christmas and Birthday presents, too. :neutral:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't buy crates, not now, not ever.
    stam scrub
  • Compton1865
    Compton1865
    ✭✭
    I used to buy a set or two, but after the last batch I stopped. Appreciate the free crates, though.
    MemoFromTurner
    XB/NA/AD

Interesting in joining a vampire guild? The Strigoi Coven is looking for new recruits - shoot me a message!

"Vampires often turn on those who trust them, you know."
  • drmambo199
    6-10 crates
    I got fairly lucky on my 3 free crates so I decided I would buy 8 more just to see how the drop rate would treat me. I got some stuff I didn't have, but judging by my experience with the bought crates and what I have seen online, if anyone is getting these crates with the mounts in mind, I'd recommend avoiding them unless you are content to spend upwards of $100.