Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing enhancements I'd like to see.

GimpyPorcupine
GimpyPorcupine
✭✭✭✭✭
Finally got around to requesting my invitation code, so first post to the forums.

Here is a compendium of changes, some of which I have seen suggested by others, that I’d really like to see for player housing, along with ways for ZOS to monetize them. What’s the point of actually having a house, anyway, if you can’t live there? I do daily Enchanting and Provisioning writs with all fourteen of my characters, which means that rather than living in one of the lovely homes I’ve purchased, they live on the streets of Belkarth. I’m also pretty sure that GMs for large guilds would snatch these up as a boon for members, and I know I would buy most or all of them.

Crown Purchased:
• Equipment writ board
• Consumables writ board
• Writ delivery site
• Stable “vendor” (that I don’t actually need)
• Wayshrine (so people can leave without paying gold for the port, or exiting the house and riding to the nearest wayshrine, which incurs and extra load screen.)
• Skill respec shrine
• Attribute respec shrine
ESO+ perks:
• The banker can access guild stores (always, or just when he’s a service in the house)
• The merchant can repair armor (same as above)
• The fence doesn’t get his vig (same as above)
• Offline characters available as “services” ***

***This is the addition I’d most like to see. In the housing editor, Place tab, services section, it would show all other characters which could then be put in the house. Visitors could not interact with them, but I could interact with their inventories just like I do with the banker. What would really make this amazing would be if we could set a default Emote for each ( /drunk for Nords, /racistdouchebag for Dunmer, etc.), but this is much less important than actually having them there. The number allowed would of course relate to house size, couldn’t have all those people in an inn room or apartment, but the largest houses (my current primary is Linchal, but I recently bought Daggerfall Overlook and am working on furnishing that) should be able to accommodate them all.

I know a lot of people have suggested additional inventory for houses, such as chests for storing items, but the truth is that having more space would just mean accumulating more junk (craft bags, 480 bank 200 x 14 bags and I still have inventory problems so yes, I have a problem), and being able to access other characters’ inventories while in housing would making managing all the stuff I’ve collected much easier. For example, I have a mule that just holds Undaunted set pieces, and being able to port home and talk to him after a dungeon/chest to see if he already has that set/trait/weight/piece instead of depositing it into the bank, logging out, logging in on him, and then deciding whether to retrieve it from the bank or leave it there to be deconstructed by yet another character would be immensely helpful.
8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am opposed to everything on your list even if given to us for free except for the offline characters available suggestion. THat one doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

The reason I am opposed is you can do all that in towns. We need reasons to go to towns so they feel populated.

and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather not limit stuff to ESO Plus or Crown Store. Some things should be gold, rewards, or craftable and sellable. Let ZOS decide. (They will, anyway) Good list, though.

I just want the houses to be useful. Right now, they are static dioramas. Yeah, they can have crafting stations and stuff like that, but they are still mostly for show.

To that end, I would like a limited farm for provisioning and alchemy. Not so much for equipment and enchanting. I would like them to find a way to leave my offline characters in the house, if that is where they were when I logged out, and apply an idle animation sequence to them. All pets and mounts should also be animated. I want a bard NPC that I can command to play music, but will idle when not busy.

For guilds, repair and guild store access via bankers and merchants. Increased visitor count for the larger homes for guild functions, although I understand they cannot let 500 people in there. Ability for homes to be transferred to 'the guild', with appropriate access controls applied.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback.

kargen, I have reasons to go to towns. That they "feel populated" is not one of mine. If you would prefer for towns to feel populated, then I suppose you would want fewer players living in their homes.

lordrichter, I would like them purchasable with gold too, or even writ vouchers, but I suggested they be crown purchase because they're similar to current crown-only items (e.g. Mundus stones), and also because I'm not opposed to spending money (within reason) on a game that is my primary source of entertainment.

I like the limited farm idea. Could be like the garden that I had in my home in Oblivion, the mountaintop tower east of Bruma the name of which I don't remember.

One of my guilds (Gang of Richards, XB-NA) has all craftable set stations, all mundus stones in the Guild Hall/GM's residence. I spend more time there than in my own homes.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the limited farm idea. Could be like the garden that I had in my home in Oblivion, the mountaintop tower east of Bruma the name of which I don't remember.

Frostcrag Spire. Yes. Not enough farming to overthrow the economy or make it so one never has to go out into the world, but enough to make it seem worth while to buy and outfit a house for a purpose other than appearances and testing builds.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ttraveler
    ttraveler
    ✭✭
    Why is it that my friends and guildmates can only visit ONE of my houses, my Primary Residence?

When will ESO make it so that friends and guildmates can visit my Secondary Residence or Tertiary Residence without the requirement of my presence there first as a port-to-player destination?

B)