The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How hard is VDSA?

rteezy
rteezy
✭✭✭
So, after beating VMA last night i thought "cool, that means i can farm my own weapon and soon enough start pvp'ing"..then i realised that VMA weapons(the staff for sorc at least) arent the go to for pvp anymore and master staff is way better.

so now, afetr learning VMA at sub 300 cp i need to go find a group to go through VDSA..FML!

Anyway, is VDSA hard (given that it has been around for a while?)Waht about comapred to VMA? i mean i knwo its group vs solo..but overall, is it harder?

Can u pug it?

Can you do it with 310 cp? ( mi ONLY SAW one gorup looking and they told me my cp was to low..rip./

Also, can the group members trade drops at the end like in dungeons?
  • AtraisMachina2
    Pretty easy with good dps
    XB1-NA AD
    Bosmer Stamina Templar-DD/Tank
    Altmer Magika Sorcerer-DD
    Khajit Stamina Templar-DD
    Redguard Stamina Templar-DD
    Breton Templar-Healer
    Altmer Magika Nightblade-DD
    700+ CP
    Affiliations:
    The Late Shift-GM
    Cooldown
    Abstraqt

• Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you group for dragonstar? Had no idea, I tried it solo and couldn't kill the first 3 normal enemies. It's way to hard imo if you cannot group.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who's telling you that you need VMA weapons for PvP? That isn't true at all. That is really far from the truth

People used VMA weapons in PvP for the flat weapon damage bonus, which was removed (a terrible idea). So now with that removed, at least in the case of the staff it's useless in PvP. The 2H is useful only for people running Crit rush/stampede.

But you didn't need them to play PvP even when they had worth. You can go into PvP in white armor if you want.

Plenty builds are viable without VMA weapons, nowadays you should be farming for the Asylum 2H in PvP, one of the best weapons in the game at the moment.

Only a select few Master weapons are useful in PvP, the Master's Bow chief among them.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you group for dragonstar? Had no idea, I tried it solo and couldn't kill the first 3 normal enemies. It's way to hard imo if you cannot group.

DSA is a 4-man trial
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much a test of tanking ability, and the last boss is a pure dps race. With a good group its pretty easy but I personally wouldnt pug it, nothing worse than spending over an hour to get to the last boss only to have people quit on last boss.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Before your group figures out the mechanics? Pretty challenging, and downright punishing with low group DPS. But for a group with decent DPS and good knowledge of mechanics and strategy, it's a breeze.

As long as you have a good tank.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You passed VMA , VDSA is nothing :smile:
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not that hard once you learn the mechanics of a few rounds and have a good tank
  • ButtersEP
    ButtersEP
    ✭✭✭
    People used to beat it pre ICS with about 60 - 80ish cp. Now with the current way do set up it's hard to gauge players skill cap, if you can beat vma, you can do your part at beating vdsa, you can only do so much and your group needs to do the rest
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can pass VMA and craglorn Raids VET

Should it be ok to go in VDSA with such Raid groups ?

How is the difficulty compared to raid vet or vma ?
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expect a 4+ hour run if pugging it with inexperienced people. Don't expect to complete it either. Doesn't help if you only have 300 cp.
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you learn the mechanics and run it with 3 people that also know mechanics, it's not bad. (but still a 1.5-2 hour run in most cases)
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would recommend getting an experienced tank if doing it for the first time. There´re some DPS races in there but as far as I know, it´s not a requirement to have huge DPS unless you´re going for a score. However, a good tank is needed.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deeps needed. If you have, not a problematic place at all.
    Edited by SirCritical on December 8, 2017 8:47AM
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much a test of tanking ability, and the last boss is a pure dps race. With a good group its pretty easy but I personally wouldnt pug it, nothing worse than spending over an hour to get to the last boss only to have people quit on last boss.

This.

The arenas/stages have certain mechanics people should know and care for (certain spawn points, mobs who should be killed first etc.). With people who have no clue at all it might soon turn into a nightmare or the whole thing will last hours and hours. Actually DSA is pretty great to learn one's role. Tank needs to handle different multiple targets and bosses with some nasty effects, good dps makes a difference (as always in ESO) and a healer learns to heal, buff/support and - most important - to care for itself (don't die).

For the last boss there are several methods how you can do it, the longer but maybe safer method with killing adds (always one tanked by the healer) and the tank running around with the boss (and sometimes with the second add) to place the fire for each timer, or the healer tanks the boss and you just burn through the boss once to the first add split (75%), tank taunts adds and does a walk in the park, same again for the second add spawn (you need to time this with the fire timer from the boss). To burn him down then from 25% to 0% before he will place the next fire you need DDs who can do 25K+ dps each. Should be possible for everybody who calls himself a DD..

Voicechat is recommended.

Edited by Flameheart on December 8, 2017 11:03AM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• pandoraderomanus
    pandoraderomanus
    ✭✭✭
    You'll most definitely need a good, experienced tank. Otherwise you'll spend more time on last boss than in other 9 stages. Learn mechanics first - watch a video, find a guide, whatever. Then it will be easier. Dps should not be a problem for a person who did VMA. I'd also say voice chat can help a lot.

Have a smooth run and nice drops!
    PC-EU since 2014

Touches-Your-Tralala - retired lizardina-templar
    Pandora Morgenstern - noob orc-stamsorc
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VDSA is hard at first until you learn all the mechanics, the same could apply to VMA... or even just MA.

This game is very casual friendly, just find a group of experienced tank/healer/dps and run with them.
    Master Debater
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If any healers want to try running it, I have a partial group for it on PC/NA. 2 dps's and a tank wanting to run it. Trio'ing it didn't go too well for us Xd
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes xD VDSA is 4 player content. Wee often do it 2-3 player - but it was intended 4 man but you have to do vet for the weps.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only last boss stage is a prob,did it first time at 300+ cp with random grp
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only pain in the ass is the frost arena fire lighting mechanic. Otherwise it's fairly simple.
    Edited by Thannazzar on December 8, 2017 10:37AM
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’ll have a lot to learn in each of the 10 rounds if this is your first time, they are completely different mechanics than vma.
    As a dps you need to know what to kill and how to do mechanics.
    Best you find someone experienced and willing to teach u.
    A Dk tank with chain is a must.
    Healer is optional, get 3 dps if you don’t need heals like vma.
    30k dps is minimum. Be sure to ask what their dps is before inviting them, otherwise it’ll most likely end half way or takes forever.
    Average is 1.5 hours to beat.
    With the group I described above, it’s easier than vma.
    If you don’t have above group, it’s a nightmare.

Edited by akl77 on December 8, 2017 11:44AM
    Pc na
  • Dunnn
    Dunnn
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to do vDSA with a three-person team:
    one healer, one tank/DPS and myself as the main DPS.

If you know the mechanics, it's fairly easy with a half-decent group :)
    Swims-In-Coffee [Argonian Stamblade EP]
    D'ar Nomad [Khajit Stamblade EP]
    Pepe Sillvia [Wood Elf Stamblade EP]
    Trips-Over-Tail [Argonian Crafter! EP]
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    A Dk tank with chain is a must.

Warden tank with Frozen Gate works fine too.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 manned it last month with 2 DPS and 1 tank. Wasn't too bad. Managed to get through it in around 90 minutes.
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went in with a total Pug last week and made it to round 7 in about 2.5 hours.......we had to split up at that point. It was everyone's first time and I had a guide up as we did each round. Not terribly difficult if you know mechanics but everyone needs to know their role

I'm looking for a group to run it with, I want the sword and board that drops for a build. PC /NA
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need a tank that is able to handle more than one or two mobs at a time and will recognize targets quickly and taunt/pull them in. He needs to be able to recognize which mobs have priority (mostly archers/mages that can sometimes 1 shot dd's) and keep the overview. And if you can get 2 dd's who can do at least 20k dps, you arw fine. More dps would make it substantially easier, but 20k will do. Apart from that it's just mechanics and having a team that will push though, even if you wipe often. Because you will wipe more than a few times if it's your first time.
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty much in the same situation. Beat vMA at around 300, now looking for a group to do vDSA with. Are you on PC EU by any chance?

Oh and my I ask how much DPS you do? I'd just like to know from someone with about the same CP and skill level as me as I'm still wondering if my 22k on 6 mio dummy is okay. I feel kinda weak when I read all the posts about "30k DPS absolute minimum". I can HM, speed, no death dungeons like CoA2 easy with a good group while dealing my portion of the damage (~33 % with 3 DDs and ~50 % with two DDs). So I'd think it can't be that bad. I only use trash magicka potions for dummy parses but apart from that I don't really see how to get my DPS up that much. Highest I ever saw single target was first boss in Direfrost with 30k.
    [PC EU][GERMAN][ENGLISH][730~ CP]
    Flawless Conquerer - vHoF HM - vAS+1 - vMoL - vCR
    the Kuhn - Dunmer - MagNB
    Samjuel-EL - Orc - StamNB
    Son Hala - Altmer - MagSorc
    Draxyl - Argonian - Warden
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vDSA is easier than vMA. Fewer things to really screw up on. But with four people, you also have three additional people who can each screw something up and cause a wipe.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All down to your tank on the last boss and knowing the mechanics of the other rounds before

I do enjoy VDSA but definitely feel like it drags on a bit too much with all those rounds