The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can you solo a public dungeon?

elsmogro
elsmogro
This might seem like a daft question but I’ve seen alot of people talking about blazing dungeons solo with the right gear and experience etc (I’m only cp150 at the mo so don’t feel ready) so I’m wondering if you can do the public duneons like that?
I’ve struggled to group up, mostly my own fault, and want to do them.
Thanks

Best Answers

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just to avoid confusion here...there're public dungeons, one per zone usually(DLC zones vary from 0 to 2), which are basically just large delves with a lot of minibosses, one big boss(loudly called "group challenge") and really a lot of trash. At one point in time they actually used to be challenging and require you to find a couple teammates to help you, but at this point they're really easy to solo, not really harder than normal delves, just longer. In fact I'd say that if you're seriously struggling with a public dungeon you may want to take a closer look at your build as that definitely shouldn't be happening at cp 150.

Then there're actual group dungeons which are instanced to you(and your group if you have one) and come in 2 versions, normal and vet. You're supposed to do those in groups of 4, with a tank, a healer and 2 dps. Most of them however can still be soloed, but it will likely be noticeably harder than your average delve or public. Generally group dungeons I are the easiest, group non dlc dungeons with no number are easy enough(but long), group dungeons II are harder and possibly mechanics heavy and group dlc dungeons are very mechanics heavy and the hardest overall. If you want to solo those, make sure you select normal difficulty(some people do solo vet but I don't think you want to start with that right away ;) ), get some self heals, potions, soulgems and off you go :)
    Answer ✓
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Then there're actual group dungeons which are instanced to you(and your group if you have one) and come in 2 versions, normal and vet. You're supposed to do those in groups of 4, with a tank, a healer and 2 dps. Most of them however can still be soloed, but it will likely be noticeably harder than your average delve or public.
    agree.gif

The group dungeons are geared towards a group of 4 players but most of them can be soloed by experienced players.
    They have a normal version and a veteran version and some of them have a I and II version as well which feature different stories and enemies.

A good start for trying to solo those group dungeons is Fungal Grotto I on normal. If you can beat that one with confidence you should be ready for the other group dungeons on normal mode.

Same goes for veteran mode, try Fungal Grotto I first and see how far you get in it, the mobs will be significantly harder than on normal mode.
    post-2-1445282250.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on December 8, 2017 12:43AM
    Answer ✓
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You for sure can solo public dungeons. It's where I farm gear/gold ta boot.
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
    Answer ✓
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes you can - I have soloed a couple of normals just to test them, but I don't run dungeons for fun, so don't make a habit of it. Players with enormous DPS tend to have an easier time when running solo. I tend to do solo dungeons and world bosses on characters with very good sustain, so I can wear bosses down without running out of resources.

Some have mechanics which make it difficult - Direfrost Keep, Fungal Grotto 2 for example - but these can easy be done by two people.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar, yes.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can solo public dungeons. I still consider myself a beginner (no lvl 50 character yet) and can do it around level 20, but feel comfortable around lvl 40. I took level 18 characters in during the witches festival. But, it was easy to just find others to sort of group up with during the event.

Edited by Belegnole on December 7, 2017 11:04PM
  • elsmogro
    elsmogro
    Thanks everyone, i do need to work on my build so I’m going to work on that and then try out Fungal Grotto solo.
    I’ve done all the normal dungeons in groups of 4 and love delves but wanting to try a bit more of a challenge. After dipping my toe into a vet dung i realised I am no way ready for that yet :D