Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Need help with my hardware and performance

WhiteFrost
WhiteFrost
✭✭
Hey to you all, i hope someone in here can give me advise / tips or something like that. Following is my notebook:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/msi-gp72-7re-leopard-pro

i know it is more on the low end of possibilitys, but for eso i think it should be enough. In dungeons or somewhere far away from towns it performance well with 70 fps on high graphic settings. But in towns or some special places (wrothgard has some of them) the fps drops to 20-30 fps and i dont know why. No matter if i set the graphics on low or let them be on high it is most of the time arroun 26 fps. I looked at the gpu and cpu and both are only at arround 50% work performance, gpu 40 degree and gpu at 65 degree at its hottest, so there should be a good space left for them to performe more, but i dont know why the gpu and cpu wont work more if the performance ingame is only at 25 fps.

Maybe some guys of you have advise how i could better the performance, my only goal would be to not drop under 30, performance between arround 35-40 would be completly fine with me
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not your hardware, it's ZOS's sub-optimal client/server implementation that will lag you out when there are more than 5 people around you.
    dry.gif
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You seem to be getting drops in overcrowded areas. That's unfortunately normal, no matter what your specs are like :/ Rawl'Kha is the worst for me XD 1+ minute for loading characters from black shapes to actual characters is op.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disable all the Shovelware and Crapware that the Laptop makes love to stuff into these things not because they do you any good, but because they get paid for loading down your machine with software that runs but does you no good. I mean if the stuff was any good, you would buy it wouldn't you?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try to increase priority of eso process. Use fullscreen mode (not windowed one) also you should send 100k in gold to me, should work... at least for me :P

Process lasso - freeware soft to manage your PC processes, memory priority and sucha ;)
    Edited by Mayrael on December 15, 2017 9:35AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge