The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Does anyone not use spell power pots in trials?

pizzaow
pizzaow
✭✭✭
If you have a stam DK running molten armaments, you should be getting your major sorcery. Many magic builds are double barring IL for the 7% extra magic, which also makes major prophecy redundant.

It seems like you'd be better off running tri-pots, defensive (magic+major ward+health) or even one with immovability. Just curious if anyone has put their faith in their stam dk to this extent.
XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • Forsakiin
    Forsakiin
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to assume you mean as a mag DK, as those buffs do very little for stam. If you're getting major sorcery and major prophecy from skills it would still be best to run magicka return + and magicka regen pots over any other option or else I doubt you'll be able to sustain in vet trials - especially as a DK.
    Edited by Forsakiin on December 8, 2017 3:33AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ForsakenSin Stam dks use the mag version of the skill too, for the extra 40% heavy attack Damage. Stam dk still runs pots for Major brutality, like every one else, for the sustain.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lightspeedflashb14_ESO

Awwwww i knew i was on your mind but i think you mean @Forsakiin :D
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't. I just use the ones that bosses drop because, if I'm in a trial, chances are there'll probably be a DK somewhere using Molten whathaveyou, and with Inner Light slotted, all I need are basic magicka potions.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Molten armaments only hits a certain number of people, and it doesn't always hit the magicka people. So, it's better to have that certainty in having Major Sorcery rather than relying on a skill that doesn't hit all the time.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Forsakiin
    Forsakiin
    ✭✭✭
    @ForsakenSin Stam dks use the mag version of the skill too, for the extra 40% heavy attack Damage. Stam dk still runs pots for Major brutality, like every one else, for the sustain.

Yes, but OP is saying that using tri-pots or immovable pots would be good alternatives if you are running molten, as if major sorcery is a vital buff for a stam DK. Of course in this scenario you would run weapon dmg, stam, crit pots. A better example would be if you were slotting igneous weapons and flames of oblivion on your bar, then you might consider other options, but you would likely still run stam regen and stam return in this case.

EDIT: I just realised that OP meant that other stam DKs were providing him the buff from molten rather than him being the stam DK. My bad
    Edited by Forsakiin on December 8, 2017 5:36AM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As said before it hits a limited amount of people and IIRC it doesn't smart target people that don't have the buff yet so even if you have more than 2 in your group every it may not benefit everyone. Also outside of vHOF I don't see tripots/ immovable pots being very useful. Now for plunder runs, sure I'll just use trash pots, but anything else I'm using the good stuff.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh, that's the missing piece.... that molten armaments only hits a limited amount of people. That wasn't clear at all from the tooltip, but seems reasonable that it wouldn't buff a huge cyrodil group.

Has anyone done any testing to see how it works? How many people it effects? If it's the closest, the players without it, conal, etc. .

Either way, it's sounds like its not reliable enough to abandon spell power pots, but now I'm curious.
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I'm feeling especially cheap, I run alliance war resource pots. They cost AP, but at 720AP each, I can afford over 14,000 pots.

There is a downside though, they recover 1k less mag, and the duration of the spell/weapon damage is 41 seconds, while the cooldown is 45 seconds.

So if you can deal with 4 seconds of no buff every 45 seconds, and you have a semi regular pvp attendance, you basically have an endless supply of pots at virtually 0 operational cost.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only time I run brutality/savagery potions is on especially tough boss fights, otherwise I get those buffs from other sources.