The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Able to copy game to new computer?

JaJaLuka
JaJaLuka
✭✭✭✭
Not sure if this is still a thing, but I remember you could copy existing files from one computer to another to avoid the download to end all downloads.
Currently have a new computer and will consider putting ESO onto this one if I can avoid that download, but won't even bother with it if I have to go through that again.
Anyone know if it works still?
Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
Brunack, EP DK PC NA
General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
Others...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JaJaLuka wrote: »
    Not sure if this is still a thing, but I remember you could copy existing files from one computer to another to avoid the download to end all downloads.
    Currently have a new computer and will consider putting ESO onto this one if I can avoid that download, but won't even bother with it if I have to go through that again.
    Anyone know if it works still?

Should still work. I still have ESO installed on two computers here and when they release a large update, I usually just download it on one and copy it over the network to the other.

I always run a repair on it before using the copied image, though. Just to be sure.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Makes sense. Thanks, I appreciate it.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do this, this is something I've done between my computers. Helps to have SSD, though I guess by now that's a given.