The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC Players: do you DC in Cyrodiil in large fights?

doslekis
doslekis
✭✭✭
PS4 pvp player here. Thinking of dropping my 3 fully leveled characters to move to PC.

The only reason I'd make the switch is if cyrodiil gameplay is any smoother on pc. I see streamers in these huge battles in cyrodiil with beautiful fps, smoother than when I'm walking alone in greenshade harvesting mats at 3am.

On console, if there's a large battle with more than 40 people the fps are terrible, and it's pretty much unplayable. The only thing you can do is spam a ranged attack or heals and hope for the best. Half the time you walk up to a battle you disconnect. I know it's not just me, after logging back in half of my group usually disconnected as well.

So PC players, how is your cyrodiil performance in big fights? Does the quality of your gaming rig matter? Does a cheap computer disconnect while a high end gaming pc run smooth while streaming netflix in another tab?

I love the game, and want to experience it in the best way possible so your input is greatly appreciated!
I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play on a five year old gaming laptop. Cyrodiil is smooth for me except in really large battles, I get a little lag. It's not that bad, though, and I don't get disconnects or crashes.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    come to ep on pc/na its more organized (arguably) than the mindless dc and ad zergs
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never have, frames take a hit which I understand is normal.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chris211 wrote: »
    come to ep on pc/na its more organized (arguably) than the mindless dc and ad zergs
    giphy.gif
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its happened a couple of times..
    On my 10 yr desktop.. I'll buy a new computer this month.. when i get to it.

The fights are a mess though.... like a strobe light.... freeze jump forward freeze jump forward freeze die.

I have 300 ping though so I have no idea.
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

Good to hear you don't DC, if expect frames to drop, but do they drop to the point where bar swapping, blocking, etc becomes so delayed it's not even worth using?

Lol, home alliance bias is a cross platform problem I see.

• Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doslekis wrote: »

Good to hear you don't DC, if expect frames to drop, but do they drop to the point where bar swapping, blocking, etc becomes so delayed it's not even worth using?

Lol, home alliance bias is a cross platform problem I see.

Typically when my frames drop, things are still snappy and playable enough for me. Bar swapping and casting of skills does not suffer that bad of a decrease in performance, only slight. Definitely have killed more than a few people who seemed to be fumbling due to the lag, while I could still move around and cast normally. Mainly, the game just becomes harder on the eyes.

Trials have been a lot worse for me, historically.
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭
    Pc eu vivec at primeime lags af. You need at least $1000 pc to play with 20fps.
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No...never like I did on XB...
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On pc na here and play in vivec, sometimes I do get a dc but I'd say about 95% of the time I am fine, but I do see a fps drop.
  • pandoraderomanus
    pandoraderomanus
    ✭✭✭
    I almost always have disconnects in large fights (PC/EU/vivec/prime time). But I live in the forest and bears eat cables it seems, so it's not an issue for everyone, depends on your connection quality.
    PC-EU since 2014

Touches-Your-Tralala - retired lizardina-templar
    Pandora Morgenstern - noob orc-stamsorc
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have bad internet but a good PC so sometimes I disconnect in big fights but usually i'm okay! the lag is another matter though, and i feel lucky if my fps is over 30 in really big fights
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play on both and I don’t crash on my old pc ever. I get a little lag in big fights but never crashes. On xb I crash all the time in large fights and it’s really annoying.

Sometimes I’m in the middle of keeps and I can feel the lag and as soon as I reach the keep it’s right to the xb dashboard.
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    suprisingly no
    The recent pvp on PCNA vivec is been great for me, no dc no load screen no sound bug, only get a bit laggy in zerg fights, but just a bit.
    Using a gaming laptop but not something like alienware, wifi is decent but still but not top class, so I'd say most players are experiencing the improvement
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I only EP in any PvP.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No crashes. Just FPS drops to about 30 (4K ultra, though, so that’s expected).
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't say I've ever crashed or DC'ed in Cyro, that I can remember.

Frame drops, loading screens and lose of audio on the otherhand, frequent.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StereoLiz wrote: »

$1000 will buy you a toaster, surprised gaming computers even come in this range
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I d/c just logging into Vulkhel Guard. Back before August of this year, this game ran like a top for me, always. Then around the time the pvp event started, my ping went to hell. Constant 999 ping spikes, constant disconnects. I quit playing because of it, came back a week ago, same thing still going on. Constant massive ping spikes, time outs and disconnects. No other game gives me these issues.
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭

$1000 will buy you a toaster, surprised gaming computers even come in this range

Maybe if you are getting ripped off from from Best Buy or Alienware. $1,000 will get you a very good computer otherwise. Top of the line? No. Able to run pretty much all current games on high with no issues? Yes.

OP - I rarely notice any kind of slow down or lag. I don't think I have ever DC'd.
    Edited by SolidusPrime on December 7, 2017 3:25PM
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input everyone. I think I'm going to do a bit of research and go pick up a gaming rig. Ill pass the ps4 down to my little brother so he can experience skyrim like I did when I was his age.

Maybe I'll see y'all on PC NA in the future
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only AD in Cyrodiil :lol:
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol PS4 EU yes it is very laggy, I fight in all factions, I change weekly, but I don't think I could throw away my characters...would take too long to level again and to get my champ points back!
    Edited by AnviOfVai on December 7, 2017 4:58PM
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    doslekis wrote: »
    PS4 pvp player here. Thinking of dropping my 3 fully leveled characters to move to PC.

The only reason I'd make the switch is if cyrodiil gameplay is any smoother on pc. I see streamers in these huge battles in cyrodiil with beautiful fps, smoother than when I'm walking alone in greenshade harvesting mats at 3am.

On console, if there's a large battle with more than 40 people the fps are terrible, and it's pretty much unplayable. The only thing you can do is spam a ranged attack or heals and hope for the best. Half the time you walk up to a battle you disconnect. I know it's not just me, after logging back in half of my group usually disconnected as well.

So PC players, how is your cyrodiil performance in big fights? Does the quality of your gaming rig matter? Does a cheap computer disconnect while a high end gaming pc run smooth while streaming netflix in another tab?

I love the game, and want to experience it in the best way possible so your input is greatly appreciated!

I run a ok pc.

1070 card
    I7 6700K
    16 g ram
    Games on a solid state drive, the permorance in Cyrodiil frame wise is reliable. Latency wise it’s ok unless your in vivec but league ahead of console performance I have seen. Also have ex console players in my guild that say pc performance is light years beyond console. But if your pc is a potato may not be for you.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe if you are getting ripped off from from Best Buy or Alienware. $1,000 will get you a very good computer otherwise. Top of the line? No. Able to run pretty much all current games on high with no issues? Yes.

OP - I rarely notice any kind of slow down or lag. I don't think I have ever DC'd.

I'd rather take the $1000 toaster.... Now that's a toaster !
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    SMH people that don’t build their own rigs in 2017
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    At Times on PC EU vivec there are huge crashes. Last time for me was maybe a month ago. We lost 10 out of 16 in our group and the guildies that most people at the keep seemed to have crashed. But normaly no and for large group lagg is ok. But i would Never play small scale during prime time vivec because of laggs and skills not going of or not hitting.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have almost 900 CP on Xbox and came to PC, its way worth it just for the addons! also the game is beautiful on pc! its a whole new experiance

Edit: im also a PVPer and idk how PS4 is but PC has good players but way more potatoes than xbox had, its a lot of fun!
    Edited by magictucktuck on December 8, 2017 7:51PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO dislikes my isp, even with Oceanic ping (odd from USA but, both servers same ping) I get caught out with 10 people then must have valid Internet (started after Imperial City moved in)

Also hope you have better luck OP, I have PC to (haven't been since Morrowind) But same for me as PS4. But hope you have better luck :)
    Edited by Serjustin19 on December 9, 2017 1:54PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Serjustin19 you are a hero come to pc anyways
    Edited by A_G_G_R_O on December 14, 2017 2:01AM