Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ideas for Cyrodiil Thread.

RPGplayer13579
RPGplayer13579
✭✭✭✭
Post your ideas to improve Cyrodiil here.

My first idea is to have a quest where players who want to defeat the 10 Dolmens there. It can be a group quest where the Dolmens become more difficult as you complete more of the Dolmens. While on this quest you can't attack or be attacked by players from the three alliances. It could be a Fighters Guild quest. Any other ideas for Cyrodiil?
My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• Dunnn
    Dunnn
    ✭✭✭
    1. Additional competing factions might be nice, say werewolf and vampire houses? - It might be difficult to implement but I think it would be a fairly good addition.

2. Imperial City 'Gate seals' that factions can vie for control over that can be used strategically to -somewhat- aid them in attacking other alliances by unlocking a seal in an enemy alliances territory. It would be great when there's a zerg on the go as the daedric forces could essentially be used as a distraction/cannon fodder whilst your team march on a keep. The gate seals would essentially act as a cork and the forces could build up over time. - Again it would be difficult to implement but it would add additional strategies and tactics and an extra layer of depth. It could also help those PvE players that're looking to level up their PvP skills faster like Caltrops and Vigor.

3. Further use/immersion for towns and resources. I feel that the towns and each keep's resources could have a lot of added things in there, such as: more NPC's and things to interact with, resources could provide stone and wood after time that can be used to repair keeps instead of having to fork out alliance points for these items, it would actually make owning resources even more important for your alliance.

4.Roaming World bosses - I've always thought this would be an excellent addition to Cyrodiil, you and a group of alliance members could defeat one to generate bonuses to keep(s) of your choosing which could increase the health of the walls, or it could increase the number of NPC's that reside in your chosen keeps making it more of a timely endeavour when being sieged by opponents. The RWB's would have a much larger health pool than those in PvE zones and you'd definitely need a fairly large group to defeat one.

These are off the top of my head, but I may add another comment later with more ideas :)
    Edited by Dunnn on December 6, 2017 11:36AM
    Swims-In-Coffee [Argonian Stamblade EP]
    D'ar Nomad [Khajit Stamblade EP]
    Pepe Sillvia [Wood Elf Stamblade EP]
    Trips-Over-Tail [Argonian Crafter! EP]
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    And maybe while the players are on this quest the group can go Skyshard hunting.
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.

Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Make faction a choice per campaign for the entire campaign length. Remove it from character creation and let our characters work more as mercenaries for set contract times.

2. Make resources "shield" keeps so that factions have to take and hold a number of points around a keep before capturing it. This breaks fights up a little and gives smaller groups more goals within strategic warfare.

3. Consider ways to give Cyrodiil better servers or reinforced nodes. I'm not an expert on this but I'm going to throw out that if CCP/EVE Online can host 3k players with time dilation ESO should be able to get a few hundred without.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want more reasons to move away from the Bridge (Chalman and Nik gates).

Right not there isn't enough incentive to explore more of this huge map. It is just much more effienct to just take the shortest path to battle.

Perhaps moving Supply trains (a roaming resource worth points that will move around to push battles around the map). Could have package protection quests like games like team fortress and overwatch. This will see more small scale battles in forgotten parts of the map.

Making more of the cities and town capturable could also work but its awkward as there isn't any cities (other than bravil) in AD territory.

I'd like to see Bravil as part of PVP DLC at some point, I am thinking a quest zone where the quests change depending on alliance.
    Edited by Narvuntien on December 6, 2017 11:59AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • platonicidealgirlfriend
    open it up to rp via phasing or something
    fill the empty spots with literally anything
    give pve content some palpable effect on the war
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My first idea is to have a quest where players who want to defeat the 10 Dolmens there. It can be a group quest where the Dolmens become more difficult as you complete more of the Dolmens. While on this quest you can't attack or be attacked by players from the three alliances. It could be a Fighters Guild quest. Any other ideas for Cyrodiil?

So in general you want to add to overcrowded PvP serwers content for PvE players, even more! You want to ban PvPers to kill those PvErs not only at dolmens but during the whole quest duration so they can travel over whole Cyrodiil without worrying about geting killed? Do you even PvP bro?

Cyrodiil needs most now:
    1. Better servers.
    2. Better optimalisation of game code - PvE would benefit from this to.

Other changes are not as crucial as you can add war mounts, siege towers, flying dragons and fairies but untiil we will have ping over 500 nobody will enjoy new content.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Dunnn
    Dunnn
    ✭✭✭
    The question wasn't "What does Cyrodiil need the most?"
    It was just a nice thread for people to post ideas they have for possible improvements.

Yes, we all know that the ping is terrible and that the servers often boot, give you infinite loading screens, or just go lag-happy.
    But what we don't necessarily know are the communities' thoughts and ideas on future possible improvements hence the point of this rather refreshing thread instead of the usual doom and gloom we see on the forums.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove Low Population Bonus
    Lock Faction during the Campain Duration
    Cut IC form Campains, and make 1 Big IC (just make 1 server for it, where homekeeps stay fix and are unattackable) so only IC is played there.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, but any idea regarding the only PvP zone in the game that discourages PvP should be thrown right out.

Also there are dozens of threads about this topic on the Alliance War Page. My ideas can be found there.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ability the bury players

Ability to raise people from dead

Reasons to defend keeps like may adding shires or NPCs. Give guild holding keep ablity to hire players

Add trainable NPCs that need to eat and healed with special items

The ability to fight on horses

Deer... don't we miss the deer?
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Allow two and only two factions to declare a truce, a cease-fire. It probably will help to stop one faction domination and most likely give people less reasons to swap to the characters of winning alliance. Truce feature should be semi-automatic. For example, players from both sides decide to make truce with poll (any side can start the poll), but it'll should be ended after a fixed amount of time passes. Certainly, democracy is evil and does not fit war, but it's just an example.

2. Do something with Fighters Guild quests already. They are lame and useless, but still costs a skill point. Make quests more divert and increase the reward.

3. Probably Mages Guild also have some interest in Cyrodiil? I'm certain that one can find what to excavate in Cyrodiil. Searching for rare books and artifacts, helping mages in trouble, tinkering with daedric stuff — you name it.

4. And finally, Cloud Ruler Temple. It's damn huge and beautiful, but useless. As one man on the forum said, it can become a dungeon or trial, but maybe other application for it can be found, no?
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The entitlement in this thread is too high.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Dunnn
    Dunnn
    ✭✭✭
    logarifmik wrote: »
    1. Allow two and only two factions to declare a truce, a cease-fire. It probably will help to stop one faction domination and most likely give people less reasons to swap to the characters of winning alliance. Truce feature should be semi-automatic. For example, players from both sides decide to make truce with poll (any side can start the poll), but it'll should be ended after a fixed amount of time passes. Certainly, democracy is evil and does not fit war, but it's just an example.

Now that is a bloody good idea.
  • Dunnn
    Dunnn
    ✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »
    The entitlement in this thread is too high.

Great input, one of my favourite suggestions for improvements to Cyrodiil that I've seen to date :)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bounty hunting!

• Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt even have to touch any core gameplay at all, just "campaign setup"
    1. Remove campaigns completely, add in servers 9,12,15 or more this will be the base for a tier base competition, all match ups are the same, all weekly start at X time and finish at Y.
    2. Make your eso account bound to these servers (only for the purpose of pvp) this step eliminates campaign swaping, ap boosting and creates a sense of purpose to who you are fighting for (and if you want to change you pay a 'x' amount of gold (2 million lets say) or 1500 crowns).
    3. Now since your account is to a server, no need for factions (oh no controversy). Just like battlegrounds, your weekly match up you may start from a different point each week (red one week blue the next), as now your fighting for your server not a faction so shouldnt matter where you start.
    4. With this as your server wins a week, determines with you move up a teir or move down. Yes some servers will be weaker than others but they will face of with other servers of equal strength, top servers will have to fight to keep there spots if not they will drop out back down to tier 2 or 3 and someone else will replace them.

There we go, solution in a nutshell and will bring life back into a stale system. Zos just need to get it done
  • Dunnn
    Dunnn
    ✭✭✭
    That's a good idea, my only thought about potential problems with this is how they would handle PvP Guild migrations?
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Provide gold bonuses and/or Dungeon gear set pieces when killing a player on a Dolmen mound, or when within the confines of an enemy-controlled town
    Such rewards will help get PvPers, who typically queue as DPS, out of the long lines for the dungeon finder making queues shorter for pure PvE players doing pure PvE content

ab885e679751413.jpg
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    Provide gold bonuses and/or Dungeon gear set pieces when killing a player on a Dolmen mound, or when within the confines of an enemy-controlled town
    Such rewards will help get PvPers, who typically queue as DPS, out of the long lines for the dungeon finder making queues shorter for pure PvE players doing pure PvE content[/img]
    You do understand that since you can talk to people in any faction, this would lead to people agreeing on getting killed just to have the drops?

Someone dared speaking of immersion and Cyrodill at the same time. That made my day.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    Such rewards will help get PvPers, who typically queue as DPS, out of the long lines for the dungeon finder making queues shorter for pure PvE players doing pure PvE content[/img]
    You do understand that since you can talk to people in any faction, this would lead to people agreeing on getting killed just to have the drops?

Someone dared speaking of immersion and Cyrodill at the same time. That made my day.

Good suggestion, remove all cross-faction PMs while in Cyrodiil,
    this will carry the additional benefit of mitigating crying and abusive PMs
    and increase immersion due to not receiving hateful messages from failed ganker's corpses while I am questing
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remake the whole map. It's just not up to the visual standards of the other zones, especially the DLC areas. Considering you are supposed to spend a lot of your "endgame" there, it's just not good enough.

Can't really speak to gameplay as I don't play a lot of PvP.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Decentralize the whole map by:
    - adding more campaign relevant objectives which can only be captured by a Set amount of players but can't be taken by groups of 20 (instances which have a cap of x players per alliance to add small scale incentives).
    There is so much unused space because all the fighting happens in 2-3 spots all the time.

- improving the campaign rewards to 8 kutas, alloys, dreugh waxes, rosins for the first alliance, 4 for the second and 1 for the last faction (only for gold tier rewards) or maybe a costume based on the season
    Why? Because winning a campaign atm is worthless it means absolutely nothing you get crappy gear and make 250k at best in 30 days of work. With those change people will try to win the campaigns again meaning keep captures and defence are more imcapping, this means not as many zerg fights which translates to less overall lag.

- add a timer which decreases proportionally if you hold a non-homekeep. the timer sets the gained points for the campaign. At first you get the same amount of points for the bin homekeeps this will decrease to 0 after 5 hours to reduce the effectiveness of night capping. When the keep is captured by another alliance the timer for faction x goes back to 0 after 2.5 hours to prevent that people simply switch the alliance to take the keep and then go on with the night cap.

- when an emporer is crowned the other two alliances gain 2 buffs: increase the damage of sieges against walls by 33% and increase the ride speed by 10% to give them an advantage to retake keeps against the alliance which has an advantage in open combat due to emp buff and emp

- increase the player cap again to fill the map and incentivice all playstyles (solo, small-scale, medium groups, zergs) right now there aren't enough people so 90% of all players are running in zergs as those you can't counter them with the other group sizes with more players there are more people who group up in medium sized groups which then can attack on more places in the map meaning the huge zerg can't camp in one keep which they can at the moment as there are not enough smaller groups so they can simply go from keep to keep until they meet the zerg of another faction.

• RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you everyone for your ideas. Hopefully someone in @ZeniMax sees this thread and uses some of them.
    My Characters.

• Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id be suprised if pvp change would come in anytime ib 2018. One can dream
    #makecyrodiilstableandgreat
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    1. Make faction a choice per campaign for the entire campaign length. Remove it from character creation and let our characters work more as mercenaries for set contract times.

2. Make resources "shield" keeps so that factions have to take and hold a number of points around a keep before capturing it. This breaks fights up a little and gives smaller groups more goals within strategic warfare.

3. Consider ways to give Cyrodiil better servers or reinforced nodes. I'm not an expert on this but I'm going to throw out that if CCP/EVE Online can host 3k players with time dilation ESO should be able to get a few hundred without.

These are pretty much the only things that they should focus on right now. We don’t need more factions or features until the base gameplay in cyrodiil is fixed. And just to clarify that campaign faction should be account locked for the duration of the selected campaign.
    Edited by Vapirko on December 25, 2017 4:31AM