The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dyes "cannot apply at this time" ?

anitajoneb17_ESO
anitajoneb17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have ESO+ so I've never used dye stamps, but I got some in the event boxes. However, no matter if I'm wearing an armor, a costume or a disguise, on any character, all dyes mention "cannot apply at this time" in the tooltip, and I cannot use them either from a dye station or from the inventory.
What am I doing wrong ?

Best Answers

• angelncelestine
    angelncelestine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was having the same problem. I finally figured out that it was one of my add ons causing the issue.
    Answer ✓
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found it.

It's the add-on "No, thank you".
    I disabled it temporarily and I'm able to use the stamps.

I'll tag @Ayantir as the add-on author, maybe he'll have a fix for that.

Thank you all for your help !
    Answer ✓
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You probably don't have ESO+ so you are unable to dye costume pieces. (Which the stamp is restricted to)
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    You probably don't have ESO+ so you are unable to dye costume pieces. (Which the stamp is restricted to)

???
    I do have ESO+.
    Dye stamps are supposed to be usable by non-ESO+ players...
    As I mentioned, I cannot dye either costumes nor armor nor disguises. I can dye normally but I cannot use any premade stamp.

Either I do not understand your answer, or it is no answer at all.
  • MasterLenman
    MasterLenman
    ✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »

That's ***, stamps are independent of ESO+.
    I have ESO+ so I've never used dye stamps, but I got some in the event boxes. However, no matter if I'm wearing an armor, a costume or a disguise, on any character, all dyes mention "cannot apply at this time" in the tooltip, and I cannot use them either from a dye station or from the inventory.
    What am I doing wrong ?

I've only seen this "cannot apply" only when I look at dye stamps at the bank. Other than that, you have to wear a costume. Other than that I can't help you, sorry. Maybe you can show a screenshot of the error?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was having the same problem. I finally figured out that it was one of my add ons causing the issue.

I suspected that too, but couldn't find out which one. Could you please tell me which add-on was causing you this problem ?
  • angelncelestine
    angelncelestine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish that I could. I have an add on where I can make different categories of add ons to use and I just made one without any add ons.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting this same error and I have zero add-on installed. So what's MY problem? >.>
  • Pathfindr
    Pathfindr
    ✭✭✭
    1. Have a costume on
    2. Have the dye stamp in your inventory
    3. Open your inventory and find the dye stamp
    4. Right click the dye stamp and choose the preview option
    5. Choose to dye, or not to dye

Works with and without ESO+
    Edited by Pathfindr on December 6, 2017 9:48AM
    "Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies."

PC EU and PC NA
    Nothing to see here, please move on...
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, dyestamps should be okay since few months with noty. check your version? you should have v8.

in order to apply a dyestamp, the camera must rotate. if you have an addon anti rotation, it's this. maybe 1st person too.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil