The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Should I resub?

ereboz
ereboz
✭✭✭✭
My sub runs out in January. I have been playing since first beta and I love it. However, over the last couple months, I have grown extremely bored. Running the same dungeons for no gain, already have BiS gear on several characters. My master crafter has almost all motifs. I'm max CP, I just want an end game feel, that gives me something to do to progress my characters all the time. I'm not a PvPer, I feel that there should be way more to do as a PvE player. Do you think it's worth resubbing? Does the future of ESO look good, hopefully something cool gets announced before my sub runs out to make my decision easier.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be honest, subbing won't help the boredom :/ Unless you've not done all the DLC?
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think only you can truly answer that question. Perhaps take a break and see how you feel? I've seen several players come and go in my relatively short time with the game - some after swearing never to return (but welcomed back with open arms, of course). Or, wait until we get the annual message from Matt about future content and see if that interests you?
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resub month to month so if you decide to drop it is no big deal.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're already playing the game then you will know whether to sub or not. Nobody else can advise you on that, except to say that there will shortly be a preview announcement of the next DLC so as your sub doesn't renew until some time in January you might want to leave a decision until nearer the time. That seems to be your own suggestion in any case!

Bear in mind also, however, that if you decide not to renew it only means that you are suspending your subscription and not that you are cancelling the account. Nothing will prevent you from changing your mind and renewing your subscription a day, week or month later etc.
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only true progress is PvP. PvE will always have a hard ceiling. In the end of the day, it's the same mobs and bosses doing the same mechanics. They're 100% predictable. And if you're on PC, you got Raid Notifier, so you don't even need to predict anything yourself. One challenge in PvE is to find 3 or 11 other people that don't stand in red like tards, which is actually a huge challenge in ESO, but other than that, PvP is the way to go.

In PvP you have actual people adjusting to your play style. Sure, you can assume their builds, but everyone plays differently and comes up with new ways to counter your attacks. People don't just stand in your AoEs like mobs do, which is why the fights are much more dynamic. And you finally get to use those healing skills of your class. No more all in max damage and harness magicka on your bar.
    Edited by Meld777 on December 5, 2017 8:48PM
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd advise a break. That's what I'm doing currently, with slight exception of the ongoing event :)

I'm actually enjoying not subbing again. I can still pop in when I want but I feel no pressure to play "because I paid for it" or anything.
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped reading when you said you want endgame but don't PvP...can I have your stuff?

p.s. and while we're being honest with each other...if BS scripted A.I. is the limit of your skill set, no PvE game is gonna do it for you, cause they're all the same...maybe its time to put down the controller for good...you're the best, you got it all, retire on top.
    Edited by T4T2FR34K on December 5, 2017 9:19PM
  • Khaeon
    Khaeon
    ✭✭✭
    T4T2FR34K wrote: »
    ...can I have your stuff?

Just cause they ate not subbing doesn't mean they can't still play lol

The game is not worth the sub price. Way too many bugs and out right laziness for them to expect is to pay. Game feels like it's still in beta.

• NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try RP
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info