The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Empyrean Light

WhiteCoatSyndrome
WhiteCoatSyndrome
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I've heard Altmer swearing by the Empyrean Light in no fewer than three dungeons so far (Banished Cells I, Elden Root I, Crypt of Hearts I). The only lorebook I've found mentioning the subject is a short prayer book for Magnus that refers to the 'Empyrean Light of Aetherius' - and that's it. What do we know about this?
#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    Other than that it's frequently sworn by by Altmer, we really don't know anything about it.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    a little off-topic - did Sotha Sil purposely intend the Clockwork City to look similar to the Eye of Magnus?

[img][/img]MBFnO9A.jpg
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems like a question for the lore master.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wikipedia:
    Empyrean, from the Medieval Latin empyreus, an adaptation of the Ancient Greek ἔμπυρος empyrus "in or on the fire (pyr)", properly Empyrean Heaven, is the place in the highest heaven, which in ancient cosmologies was supposed to be occupied by the element of fire (or aether in Aristotle's natural philosophy).

Use in literature
    The Empyrean was thus used as a name for the firmament, and in Christian literature, notably the Divine Comedy, for the dwelling-place of God, the blessed, celestial beings so divine they are made of pure light, and the source of light and creation. The word is used both as a noun and as an adjective, but empyreal is an alternate adjective form as well. Having the same Greek origin are the scientific words empyreuma and empyreumatic, applied to the characteristic smell of the burning or charring of vegetable or animal matter.

My guess would be that the meaning is the identical in TES lore. Aetherius is where the light is coming from and Magnus is important to the Altmer Pantheon, so saying something like that kind of makes sense in a way. It's probably a phrase like "By Shor's bones/beard!"
    Edited by Ratzkifal on December 6, 2017 12:08AM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    :smiley: Thank you @Ratzkifal!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »
    a little off-topic - did Sotha Sil purposely intend the Clockwork City to look similar to the Eye of Magnus?

[img][/img]MBFnO9A.jpg

Yes, because he takes role of Magnus for his Nirn 2.0, dwemers see Magnus as Mechanist and Sotha Sil adapt to his role of
    Master Architect of world, but those who not afraid to make mistakes and run from them as Magnus do, instead Sotha Sil use them to learn and solve problems to achieve perfection, too bad he was doomed by fate and killed by Almalexia, still his memory was not destroed by mad godess.