The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Received an Email from ZOS offering a free gift

geodev
geodev
✭✭
Hi folks,

An email from ZOS asking for pertinent information so they can email a free gift to me.

As I am paranoid about online security, my first thoughts are to delete and forget, but is it legit or just another of the thousands of online scams

Greetings,
As a special thank you for being an important part of the ESO community, we'd like to send you a gift in the mail! To do so, we'll need the following information from you:
• Your full name
• Mailing address
• Phone number

We will not save this information or use it for any purpose other than to send you this gift.
Please reply directly to this email with the information above by Friday, December 8, so we can ensure you'll receive your free gift!
We understand this email may seem suspicious, so feel free to reach out to us at community@elderscrollsonline.com or PM ZOS_GinaBruno on the ESO forums with any questions!

Thank you for your help!
- The Elder Scrolls Online Team
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    That's a scam. ZOS wouldn't ask for that info. But, like the email says, ask @ZOS_GinaBruno if it's real or not.
    Gimme back my sweetroll or so help me
  • Khaeon
    Khaeon
    ✭✭✭
    I received an email gift from them too for the card game but it doesn't look like that. That looks like a scam. I mean wouldn't they have that information anyway?

Here was mine....

As a thank you to ESO Plus™ members and to players who have stepped foot into ESO’s Clockwork City DLC game Pack, we've got a special gift just for you. Below is your code for the first Act of Return to Clockwork City, the latest story expansion for The Elder Scrolls: Legends. A $7.99 value, yours for free!
    This story expansion features 3 narrative acts, over 30 new solo scenarios, and 55 new cards to collect. Try it out for yourself!

How to redeem:
    Login or create a free account at Bethesda.net.
    In your account settings, click “Redeem Code”
    Enter the code above.
    Download from Steam, ­ The Google Play Store, or The App Store
    Login to your account on your device, and enjoy!
    Edited by Khaeon on December 5, 2017 1:47AM
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    @Khaeon that one is legit
    Gimme back my sweetroll or so help me
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have nothing to add..commented in the wrong topic lol sorry
    Edited by BlazingDynamo on December 5, 2017 1:55AM
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khaeon wrote: »
    I received an email gift from them too for the card game but it doesn't look like that. That looks like a scam. I mean wouldn't they have that information anyway?

Here was mine....

As a thank you to ESO Plus™ members and to players who have stepped foot into ESO’s Clockwork City DLC game Pack, we've got a special gift just for you. Below is your code for the first Act of Return to Clockwork City, the latest story expansion for The Elder Scrolls: Legends. A $7.99 value, yours for free!
    This story expansion features 3 narrative acts, over 30 new solo scenarios, and 55 new cards to collect. Try it out for yourself!

How to redeem:
    Enter the code above.

Yeah, I got that e-mail too....but kinda wish I'd gotten the same one as the OP instead. It's far less eyeroll inducing. :|
    Edited by THWIP71 on December 5, 2017 2:06AM
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oops...DP'd

Edited by THWIP71 on December 5, 2017 2:05AM
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    THWIP71 wrote: »
    Oops...DP'd

:flushed:
    Edited by Cazzy on December 5, 2017 3:22AM
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What domain did the email come from? That's your answer.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obvious scam don't worry bout it
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a scam
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is a scam...

dont you guy know the drug dealers code? = "the first one, or two, are free..." :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • geodev
    geodev
    ✭✭
    Well, this is interesting.

Digging through the posts from 6 months ago, I see that the email address is legit

teso_help@mailmw.custhelp.com

as verified by ZOS_AntonioP

So I'll see what the free gift is :)
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That doesn't look like anything related to zenimax.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to confirm they are sending out emails with game codes for Elder Scrolls Legends but never do they ask for that stuff. It’s a scam
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on December 5, 2017 4:55AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's a scam.
    Think. Why would they ask your phone number or your full name if they need just your e-mail? And they already know your e-mail.
    And ZOS never ask any information except e-mail. You give them your e-mail when you register your account. That's all they need.
    It's one of the dumbest scams I've ever seen.

Edit: Oh... I misunderstood. They're asking your mail address not e-mail.

Anyway, you can find the truth only if @ZOS_GinaBruno or other ZOS worker answer to you here (on the forums or in private mail). Don't forget to check their profile 'cause if it's a scam they can create new fake account.
    Edited by Ermiq on December 5, 2017 8:44AM
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got this one in my mail

How to redeem:
    Enter the code above.

This one seemed legit but I don't really know since I deleted it. Am not interested in the Legends card game.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though it is obviously a scam because of the details they are asking for, there is the sweepstakes happening atm.
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theyll try to use that info to get your password from zos
  • geodev
    geodev
    ✭✭
    Received an INGAME mail this morning validating the email, so looks 99.99% legit, So special gift , hmmm :)
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im curious to see what happens if its legit.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also

@ZOS_GinaBruno

HELP USSS!
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geodev wrote: »
    Hi folks,

An email from ZOS asking for pertinent information so they can email a free gift to me.

As I am paranoid about online security, my first thoughts are to delete and forget, but is it legit or just another of the thousands of online scams

Greetings,
    As a special thank you for being an important part of the ESO community, we'd like to send you a gift in the mail! To do so, we'll need the following information from you:
    • Your full name
    • Mailing address
    • Phone number

We will not save this information or use it for any purpose other than to send you this gift.
    Please reply directly to this email with the information above by Friday, December 8, so we can ensure you'll receive your free gift!
    We understand this email may seem suspicious, so feel free to reach out to us at community@elderscrollsonline.com or PM ZOS_GinaBruno on the ESO forums with any questions!

Thank you for your help!
    - The Elder Scrolls Online Team

I'm surprised they're not asking for your username and password. I'd check the mail domain it came from. If it's not a Bethesda domain name, I'd report is as phishing to your ISP.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just confirming that this is a legit email from us. If you have any more questions, please feel free to send a PM. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    THWIP71 wrote: »
    Oops...DP'd

:flushed:

Oh get your mind outta the gutter. :#
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    im curious to see what happens if its legit.

ZOS will officially scam you :trollface:
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    looks pretty scammy to me, what was the sender`s e-mail address?

for sure do not give to anyone these details of you!!!

why to heck would anyone need your name and phone number just to be able to send you some gifts in the game, that does not make any sense!
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    looks pretty scammy to me, what was the sender`s e-mail address?

for sure do not give to anyone these details of you!!!

why to heck would anyone need your name and phone number just to be able to send you some gifts in the game, that does not make any sense!

How did you manage to post this 10 minutes after a Zenimax rep came in and confirmed it? Did you not see the Z?
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here was mine....

How to redeem:
    Enter the code above.

What are you guys doing to get all this :neutral: ?
    I am also subbed and play ES : Legends.
    Never received a code for Legends, like many others after it was released.
    Was in Clockwork city and haven't got any key.
    Even had to ask extra to get invited to the forums here
    Edited by Slack on December 5, 2017 10:12PM
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Slack wrote: »

Here was mine....

How to redeem:
    Enter the code above.

What are you guys doing to get all this :neutral: ?
    I am also subbed and play ES : Legends.
    Never received a code for Legends, like many others after it was released.
    Was in Clockwork city and haven't got any key.
    Even had to ask extra to get invited to the forums here

When you created your game account,
    did you remove the checkmark from the box asking about contacting you with promotions?

it has been a long time since my account creation,
    but most companies have it when creating username and account
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • K0rpeN
    K0rpeN
    ✭✭✭
    People in this topic smh
This discussion has been closed.