Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Set-Piece Grips for 2-handed weapons.

Evan8642
Evan8642
✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_TristanK can the DEV team explore the concept of equipping "Grips" along with 2 handed weapons (rubber attachments around the handles of weapons so your hands don't chap

Afterwards could you make grips part of set pieces.

• Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like it
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evan8642 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_TristanK can the DEV team explore the concept of equipping "Grips" along with 2 handed weapons (rubber attachments around the handles of weapons so your hands don't chap

Isn't that what "gloves" are for...so your hands don't chap?? 2h weapon = one item = one SET PIECE. Quit beating the dead horse. He's been dead for the past 2 years.
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    Evan8642 wrote: »

Isn't that what "gloves" are for...so your hands don't chap?? 2h weapon = one item = one SET PIECE. Quit beating the dead horse. He's been dead for the past 2 years.

I know right...... handle it...just get over it.. oh wait ... just get a grip... HAHA get it, get a Grip..

HAHA...
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate this idea. First, it would be useless because everyone should be using an asylum 2hander and maelstrom bow (pve) or equivalent in pvp. Second, it would diminish the value of aforementioned weapons. Third, it would decrease build diversity. Finally, it may cause balance issues that would require those weapon lines to be nerfed, which I don't want because I know how heavy handed nerfs can be and I like the weapon lines.

Instead of giving 2 handed weapons a second set bonus, they should give small ability or passive buffs to bring them up, if it's needed.
    Edited by Kanar on November 30, 2017 11:27PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    I hate this idea. First, it would be useless because everyone should be using an asylum 2hander and maelstrom bow (pve) or equivalent in pvp. Second, it would diminish the value of aforementioned weapons. Third, it would decrease build diversity. Finally, it may cause balance issues that would require those weapon lines to be nerfed, which I don't want because I know how heavy handed needs can be and I like the weapon lines.

Instead of giving 2 handed weapons a second set bonus, they should give small ability or passive buffs to bring them up, if it's needed.

Your point 1 contradicts your point 3. If there is currently 1 correct choice for what to use, then build diversity is in a bad place already.

Making 2h count for 2 slots allows the user to choose between a Maelstrom/Asylum/Master weapon or a Monster helm set, in addition to double 5-piece sets. Some players will choose to do each option, increasing build diversity.
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised ZoS hasn't already addressed this, but then again...

ZoS seems to like to homogenize things, so this seems like a strange oversight. I am normally not for homogenizing things, but it does seem to cause some stand out balance issues with the amount of sets that can be equipped if you also choose to equip a monster set.
    Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate this idea. First, it would be useless because everyone should be using an asylum 2hander and maelstrom bow (pve) or equivalent in pvp. Second, it would diminish the value of aforementioned weapons. Third, it would decrease build diversity. Finally, it may cause balance issues that would require those weapon lines to be nerfed, which I don't want because I know how heavy handed needs can be and I like the weapon lines.

Your point 1 contradicts your point 3. If there is currently 1 correct choice for what to use, then build diversity is in a bad place already.

Making 2h count for 2 slots allows the user to choose between a Maelstrom/Asylum/Master weapon or a Monster helm set, in addition to double 5-piece sets. Some players will choose to do each option, increasing build diversity.

No you are wrong. Currently we have builds that use 2 five piece and a monster set - dw modeled builds. We also have a wide variety of builds that use 1 five piece, a 3 piece and a monster - 2h builds. We also have builds that use 2 five piece sets, no monster -another type of 2h build. Finally, we have a type of build that uses 2 or 1 five piece sets and monster set, but does so using the sets that give a lasting buff like briarheart - another type of 2h build.

By making 2h weapons same as dual wield you are removing 3 of the 4 build types. This is not diversity.

Maybe I misspoke by saying everyone should use both asylum and vma. Coming from a 2h stamDK that is an obvious best choice but many other classes have better builds that use just one special weapon.
    Edited by Kanar on December 1, 2017 2:25AM
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hate this idea. First, it would be useless because everyone should be using an asylum 2hander and maelstrom bow (pve) or equivalent in pvp. Second, it would diminish the value of aforementioned weapons. Third, it would decrease build diversity. Finally, it may cause balance issues that would require those weapon lines to be nerfed, which I don't want because I know how heavy handed nerfs can be and I like the weapon lines.

Or just jack 2hander up in dmg by like 30% and buff all its skills so it does comparable to a 2pc boss set or double 5pc and 2pc boss
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No you are wrong. Currently we have builds that use 2 five piece and a monster set - dw modeled builds. We also have a wide variety of builds that use 1 five piece, a 3 piece and a monster - 2h builds. We also have builds that use 2 five piece sets, no monster -another type of 2h build. Finally, we have a type of build that uses 2 or 1 five piece sets and monster set, but does so using the sets that give a lasting buff like briarheart - another type of 2h build.

By making 2h weapons same as dual wield you are removing 3 of the 4 build types. This is not diversity.

Maybe I misspoke by saying everyone should use both asylum and vma. Coming from a 2h stamDK that is an obvious best choice but many other classes have better builds that use just one special weapon.

None of those build types would go away. 5-5-2 w monster set would open up to 2h builds instead of just swird&shield and dual wield. 5-3-2-1 would be completely unaffected. 5-5-1 w a VMA/AS/DSA weapon would be completely unaffected, the weapon set would simply take both weapon slots. The only major change is that the final build you mentioned, 5-5-2 with one set active on each bar, would gain the benefit of having both 5-piece sets active while on both bars.

The main advantage would be the ability to run 5-5-2 front bar with a 2h, and have a vMA bow backbar. This is meta for dual wield stam DPS, and being unable to use it is a large reason 2h is not competitive for PVE.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

None of those build types would go away. 5-5-2 w monster set would open up to 2h builds instead of just swird&shield and dual wield. 5-3-2-1 would be completely unaffected. 5-5-1 w a VMA/AS/DSA weapon would be completely unaffected, the weapon set would simply take both weapon slots. The only major change is that the final build you mentioned, 5-5-2 with one set active on each bar, would gain the benefit of having both 5-piece sets active while on both bars.

The main advantage would be the ability to run 5-5-2 front bar with a 2h, and have a vMA bow backbar. This is meta for dual wield stam DPS, and being unable to use it is a large reason 2h is not competitive for PVE.

Just because they exist doesn't mean people would use them, just like the thousands of garbage set combinations. How can you not see that what is best for dw currently will become best for 2h of you make them mechanically the same? Then for you can just copy/paste your dw set arrangement to 2h. No diversity...

Right now some sets are good because they fill that persistent buff need of 2h, but those sets aren't as good if there is no need for persistent buffs.

2h is mostly competitive with dw in pve. There are a couple vet trial bosses where only st matters and dw is better there, but for any target rich environment 2h is as good or even superior and that includes a lot of vet dungeon boss fights. The fact you think it's not competitive only indicates your lack of experience with 2h. Sure there are a couple areas 2h could use some improvement but another 5 pc is not the answer.
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to run two 5 piece sets and a monster set on all my toons. Right now it's just Stamblade and tank. And I lose one 5 piece when i switch bars on my Stamblade.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just because they exist doesn't mean people would use them, just like the thousands of garbage set combinations. How can you not see that what is best for dw currently will become best for 2h of you make them mechanically the same? Then for you can just copy/paste your dw set arrangement to 2h. No diversity...

Right now some sets are good because they fill that persistent buff need of 2h, but those sets aren't as good if there is no need for persistent buffs.

2h is mostly competitive with dw in pve. There are a couple vet trial bosses where only st matters and dw is better there, but for any target rich environment 2h is as good or even superior and that includes a lot of vet dungeon boss fights. The fact you think it's not competitive only indicates your lack of experience with 2h. Sure there are a couple areas 2h could use some improvement but another 5 pc is not the answer.

I've run my 2h war machine stamblade through a few vet trials. It felt out of place and non-optimal compared to dual wield. Honestly I think the biggest drawback is the lack of blade cloak. Things like Warrior Starfall hit so much harder on 2h, which ultimately makes the healer's job harder.

The same can be said for Bow in PVE DPS, it could use a small damage buff and a large survivability buff. Battle axes and greatswords aren't the only category that could use a 12th set piece.

As for single bar sets, most of the best examples (Briarheart, sunderflame, war machine) would not be any less desirable if they were always on. It would certainly help sets like VO and Alkosh (on DPS, already common on tanks) make a comeback, since cost reduction and grabbing synergies are best on both bars.
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    or they could just make it so that you always can only benefit from a single 5-Set Bonus, thus removing the ability of 5/5/X

Then they could add more diverse 2 and 3 piece item sets, maybe even 4 piece item sets with new special flavours.

And/Or increase the viability of 3 piece jewelry sets.

They could also define new set-categories to do this. So there are armor sets, jewelry sets and weapon sets. Weapon sets are the vMA, vDSA, AS weapons (also pvp-equivalents would be nice)
    Jewelry Sets like Agility and Willpower,...
    Armor sets like every normal set and monster helms ets.

Yes this would mean that there would be no BSW Staves anymore and no jewelry either. This would require an overhaul of all sets and the creation of new ones, also the ability to craft new weapon sets...

one way or another, everyone should be able to use the same number of sets, regardless of weapon-type choice.
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My preferred approach would be to make only the primary hand count towards set bonuses.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree.gif

Making everything the same removes choices and is the exact opposite of "adding diversity" ...
    rolleyes.gif