The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So many Armor Sets

gobgrot
gobgrot
✭✭
With all the sets out there Im constantly getting pieces as I level and explore. Question is, how do I know which ones are worth selling to vendor or put in the trader? Is there a web page that lists the sets people are looking for so I know which ones to try and sell?
PC NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobgrot wrote: »
    With all the sets out there Im constantly getting pieces as I level and explore. Question is, how do I know which ones are worth selling to vendor or put in the trader? Is there a web page that lists the sets people are looking for so I know which ones to try and sell?

very good question...the pc folks have some merchant add-ons which will help...

for us console folks, it mostly comes down to experience...

personally, I sell just about every single piece of gear...reason being, there are new crafters out there which need different gear traits to research - including training and invigorating traited gear...

also, folks will buy up the purple hear just to decon it for the grain solvent...

I use 10 characters and play a bunch, so I have a lot of gear, a whole lot of it...i'm in two "premier" trading guilds...

I list most of my gear dirt cheap (650 gold to 3,000 gold) - just to get rid of it...motifs, I'll check on a little before listing...

with the new transmute system - the price for specific traited items has definitely gone down a bit...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 30, 2017 8:57PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP you appear to be on PC, so I'm sure there are several add-ons that could assist you in filtering out which sets sell best/highest.

That being said, what an item sells for in a prime trader location might differ considerably from stuff selling in one of the outlier posts in overland zones. Depending one what trading guild(s) you're in, just ask some of the other members which sets they've had the best success selling. There will be sets that will remain constant sellers through nearly every update, and then those that ebb and flow as the "meta" changes.

I've had much better success selling high-volume/low-price stuff like intricate pieces and trash glyphs that people use to level up their crafting lines. I might sell 15-20 intricate pieces per day, and another 10-15 trash glyphs. (My pricing style is just to add 200 to the base price of the item and they sell as fast as I can list them.) Could I get more? Probably, but at least this keeps my inventory from clogging up, and supplements my slower selling, big-ticket items.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .......So little time
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you are on pc. Tamriel Trade Center is golden.

If you are on xbox or ps, i believe they hae a website as well you can join , not optimal but works.

I have said since the get go that the traders need work, but alas. Typical zos and beth, leaving the gaps for the modders to fix.
  • JiKama
    JiKama
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some sets that sell for alot are Necropentence, Spriggans, 7th legion, Silks of The Sun, Spinners, Hide of the werewolf, and Senches Bite in divines or impen traits. The price May vary depending on Green/Blue/Purple quality and the traits. The weapons you find May sell higher with Precise or Sharpened traits. I know for a fact that Necropentence is a very expensive set in Divines.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what level you are, but only CP160 gear is likely to be worth anything. I would just use or vendor anything CP150 or below.