The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about building the Precursor

Jayne_Doe
Jayne_Doe
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So, I picked up one of the Precursor parts prior to obtaining the quest. I didn't really look to see if it was added to my quest inventory or not, but after doing the quest to obtain the integral of memory, it won't recognize that I collected the other part (in CC, not sure where, exactly, but I had to jump up on some ledges to get it). I also picked up the one in the Inner Sea Armature after doing the initial Precursor quest and noticed that it did not show up in my quest inventory.

I haven't gone back to see if the game will recognize the part I picked up in the Inner Sea Armature, but I'm wondering if you have to collect all parts first?

I'm on XB and I know that there was some glitch with the precursor. Unfortunately, XB hasn't yet gotten an update to fix that, and I don't know if my issue is part of that or not. Any thoughts before I bug it?

I'll try to remember to check tonight and see if it will recognize either of the two parts I've picked up (one prior and one after doing the initial quest). I did go back to the place in CC where I picked up the initial part, but it won't let me interact with it any more.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard the quest gets buggy if you get one of the parts before you actually finish the first part of the quest. Not sure how you can fix it, though.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I noticed just before logging off with that character this weekend that I did have the arm/hand piece that I picked up in the Inner Sea Armature in my inventory. It wasn't in the quest section, but rather in another part of my inventory.

Also, when I checked the achievement, I noticed that the part it said I already found and "installed" on the precursor was the Integral of Reflection/Instrospection or some such. I believe that the part we find on the quest is the Integral of Memory? If so, then I guess when I brought back the piece for the quest, that it also registered the other piece I found earlier. There wasn't any indication in the game itself, like the precursor asking for the part or mentioning it specifically. But, after talking to the questgiver (can't remember his name - Zanon?), the precursor did call me over to him and said something vague about his memories of MW or something.

So, I'm guessing you just come back to him when you find parts and they just magically get installed without you having to talk to him and hand it over?