The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dungeon Finder Broke already

• mirta000b16_ESO
    mirta000b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would assume that the issue with the group finder is the sheer volume of people trying to access it. FFXIV experienced this with first story instance in Stormblood early access. Talk to an NPC, see a cutscene, be told that the instance errored out, talk to an NPC, see a cutscene... The NPC was Raubahn, so we called it "Raubahn Savage". Lasted 3 full days that, but I got in after 13 hours.
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would assume that the issue with the group finder is the sheer volume of people trying to access it. FFXIV experienced this with first story instance in Stormblood early access. Talk to an NPC, see a cutscene, be told that the instance errored out, talk to an NPC, see a cutscene... The NPC was Raubahn, so we called it "Raubahn Savage". Lasted 3 full days that, but I got in after 13 hours.

While I do agree that this event has made things worse, I would point out the dungeon finder has been a buggy for some time. So if the issue is the number of people using it, then that number gets hit way to often and needed fixed anyway. For me it has been since around DB. Getting groups with to many people. Getting stuck in the queue for hours. Getting phantom players declined. They have all been there, and usually about once or twice a week there is a post about the dungeon finder not working correctly.

For awhile Zos responded to these threads and mentioned attempted fixes in the patches. Then after one patch it was like they decided it was good enough. And as far as I have seen until this event, they never responded to another group finder broken thread.

So again while I do think this event made things worse, To give them a pass and say oh it is just the event, no way they could have seen this coming isn’t right either.
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

The Battleground Finder is still a total mess today and since we dont even have the luxury of being to enter the instances manually or any other way but using that broken finder we get totally shafted. Are you going to call it a day after your (obviously not sufficient) patch yesterday?

Its a torture to queue up for Battlegrounds now and reminds of the initial 12 week mess after you launched them. Its a total disgrace, I`d be pleasantly surprised if you guys would have the decency to comment on this.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
    Options