The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EU ESO+ pricing discrepancy?

eklhaftb16_ESO
eklhaftb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
So today I wanted to check the price on 180 day ESO+ sub in order to find out how much money I should put aside next month. Except that the silly website forgot my login once again, and thinking I was British, it gave me prices in GBP. Which in turn lead to this:

2nPPDuC.png

So... what gives? Can anybody offer any rational explanation why I'm being overcharged for more than a month's worth when paying in EUR? Is there something I'm missing here? Isn't dual pricing actually illegal in the EU?

And most importantly, since my country doesn't even use EUR and I'm forking out for currency conversion fees anyway... how do I switch my game account to accept GBP? :P
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No clue as I<m not from the EU, but isn't the UK no longer part of the EU? So its not actually dual pricing? (Maybe it still is, i'm genuinely unsure - but just thought i'd point out I *think* there was an uproar not that long ago about the UK leaving the EU.... or maybe that didn't happen yet?)
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No clue as I<m not from the EU, but isn't the UK no longer part of the EU? So its not actually dual pricing? (Maybe it still is, i'm genuinely unsure - but just thought i'd point out I *think* there was an uproar not that long ago about the UK leaving the EU.... or maybe that didn't happen yet?)

Wow. Lol.

The UK is still a part of the EU. Brexit won't happen for at least a few years, if it happens at all.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dynamic Currency Conversion tends to be more expensive, and you could be having to factor in both foreign transaction and currency conversion fees.

You have the options to change your default currency in PayPal, as well as turning off conversion options so you're billed with the same currency that's on the invoice instead of a more expensive pre-conversion.

So if you think you'd save money being billed in GBP, it may be worth to set GBP as your default for just this transaction.
    signing off
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's especially strange considering crown prices in GBP went up not long ago, apparently as a result of the pound being weaker against the US dollar. But it doesn't appear to have affected subscription prices (or any of the other online transactions I make regularly), only crowns.

Is it possible some of the difference is because you're seeing the final price including all the conversion fees? Or do those only get added on later?

If not then I'd definitely try to find a way to switch the currency you use if possible.

The UK got as far as having a referendum where 1/2 the population voted to leave (51% to be precise) and the government declared their intention to do so to the EU. In between those two events all the people who actually wanted this to happen quit (and some who didn't but got themselves tied up in it like the previous Prime Minister). The majority of people now in government a) don't really want to do it and b) don't seem capable of actually achieving much of anything even if they wanted to. So no, we haven't left yet. We may or may not leave in 2019 when the talks are supposed to be finalised, or there might be an extension for who knows how long or the whole idea may be quietly forgotten. Or it could drag on ad nauseam.

But until some kind of agreement is reached and a final declaration of leaving made we're still part of the EU.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"