Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Titles for Guild Masters

Giraffon
Giraffon
✭✭✭✭✭
I think GM's should get in game titles as an option. Now what would that look like? Would the titles progress based on size of guild or age of guild? How many tiers would there be? What would the titles be? Let's here some ideas!

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect that "Guildmaster" is the only title you need. Perhaps "Guildmaster of [Guild Name]"
    Options
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe not a title, but guild ranks on guild tags should definitely be a thing. Players should be able to show up their guild rank on the guild tag if they want to. Guild ranks are such a fun thing to play with, it's a shame that players can't walk around showing their guild ranks. Maybe ZOS just don't want to deal with moderation that they will need to apply into.

“Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Our GM's name is Slacker :D
    Options
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect that "Guildmaster" is the only title you need. Perhaps "Guildmaster of [Guild Name]"

Yes, that has a base functionality to it, but a guildmaster of 10 is perhaps not the same as a guildmaster of 500.

I was thinking maybe by size:

Members Title
    10-49 Guildmaster Tier 1
    50-150 Guildmaster Tier 2
    151-300 Guildmaster Tier 3
    301-449 Guildmaster Tier 4
    450-500 Guildmaster Tier 5

Or by age:

Title:
    Guildmaster, [number of days guild has existed]

ie: Guildmaster, 1057 days

Or Simply include the guild name:

Guildmaster - Speechless

Or some combination of the above. My personal preference would be something like:

Guildmaster - Speechess (Tier 2)

That's how mine would look.

Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At that point, that's just bragging rights. How do you distinguish between a social guild, trading guild, PVP guild, RP guild, Trials Guild, or a trading guild in a starter zone vs a trading guild in a capital city? How many customizable titles would ZOS need to add to the game?

If you're a guildmaster of a well-known guild, Guildmaster - [Guild Name] is both bragging rights and advertisement enough. Simple, yet providing the greatest utility for the greatest number of players.
    Edited by VaranisArano on November 29, 2017 7:10PM
    Options
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At that point, that's just bragging rights. How do you distinguish between a social guild, trading guild, PVP guild, RP guild, Trials Guild, or a trading guild in a starter zone vs a trading guild in a capital city? How many customizable titles would ZOS need to add to the game?

If you're a guildmaster of a well-known guild, Guildmaster - [Guild Name] is both bragging rights and advertisement enough. Simple, yet providing the greatest utility for the greatest number of players.

I agree. I'd be quite pleased to have a title that simply shows Guildmaster - Speechless. Also, I would love to know if I'm standing next to a GM of a guild that I've some interest in be it from a PvP or Trading perspective.

Options