The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Credit to ZOS for Observatory design

helediron
helediron
✭✭✭✭✭
I originally slammed the design of the Observatory Prior. For a largest house it has smallish space and in difficult shape.

But while testing it in PTS i found there is an inaccessible shelf above the door to interior. It was completely flat and large. Pretty much exactly what i have searched for my crafting stations. The picture below shows the area with a measurement matrix made from planks.
Screenshot_20171127_140940.png

The second thing i noticed is that this house has lots of space around. The invisible walls are far and wide. I don't even know yet the extent, but few pictures to give some idea:
Screenshot_20171128_175644.png
At the bottom there is a stone slab showing start of death zone. On the right side halfway the tilted plank is an invisible wall.
Screenshot_20171129_151843.png
In the largest platform inside, the whole globe is available. On the right side there is a gangway to lower platform.

One day someone builds a death star out of this :mrgreen: .

Having said that i still criticize ZOS about newer furniture plans. I keep the house otherwise empty and will not decorate it until the plans are actually dropping in-game. Thank you for the new way of making the houses spacious in 3D. For that ZOS earned 12k crowns. Shame on you about the post-Morrowind furniture plans.

More pictures in blog.
On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the house, but I refuse to buy it until I can get CWC furniture plans and furniture in game
    Edited by Katahdin on November 29, 2017 7:55PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, ZOS is doing EA tactics with the furniture. They have clearly a plan to lock that part behind crown store. I think i have seen enough of that and not gonna participate. I have no intention to decorate the interior. I placed few pack of skeletons inside for DPS testers and that's it. I am sticking with the old houses and pre-Morrowind furniture. In fact i am starting alpha testing Ashes of Creation in few weeks. This may be my last purchase in ESO.

On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing i REALLY dislike about it is the locked doors...makes me feel like i cant access places in my own home
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Only thing i REALLY dislike about it is the locked doors...makes me feel like i cant access places in my own home

Agreed. I have NEVER liked doors that are unusable.

As a kid I could not stand going to theme parks that had areas with small doors (kid sized) but where unusable. Always irritated me. I get the same feeling 40+ years later when I cant use a door in player housing and/or games in general.
  • Iccengi
    Iccengi
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it. I turned the bubble into a live aquarium complete with flying ships and swimming fish. Also used the luxury star plates from a few weeks ago to creat landing pads for the ships on the actual “landing” where the entrance is, Made a garden on one side of that ledge and an area for a trial dummy on the other side. Still lots of work to go but also I am slowed by the low amount of plans.