The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do you think zos have the right price plans for items in crown store

SugaComa
SugaComa
✭✭✭✭✭
I was looking at the items in the crown store there is a house I really like and would love to buy, but having looked at it it £75 for the house unfurnished or £75 furnished , granted unfurnished I get crowns left to spend on other things but so few at that identified have to buy more to spend them on anything if worth

But then I sat n thought

£75 for a in game house ... In a game I paid £60 for. Nothing should be priced more than the base game for something used in game

What's your thoughts ?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes they do, but it's not going to change.

The fact is if people buy things at the listed prices, marketing departments (or whoever is running it) are not going to say "well damn they paid all that money, we should lower the price from now on".

It's also one of the reasons they use virtual currencies, so you don't realise you're spending £75 (also because the way packs are sold you have to buy more than you need).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes how is a In game house more than the entire game but people still buy them so the prices won't change
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Yagorn
    Yagorn
    ✭✭
    The real question I think it should be made is, why they need Subscription, Paying Entrance, Crowns, gems and loot boxes to make a profit out of this game ?
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yagorn wrote: »
    The real question I think it should be made is, why they need Subscription, Paying Entrance, Crowns, gems and loot boxes to make a profit out of this game ?

The only paywall is buying the game key to get in.

Anything else is options. You don't have to buy the sub, or crowns, or crown crates, or anything else. It's all options.

Some people want to use the cash shop and not have a sub.
    Some like to sub and use the crown stipend that comes with it to get their crown items.
    Some buy the key only and do neither of the above.
    Some buy crowns and the subscription.

There is nothing wrong with this.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree @SugaComa

Paying more for a "micro transaction" than the game costs, esp when the game not inexpensive to start with is ridiculous.

Some houses in the crown store sell for over $100.00 USD, on top of the fact that paying $15.00 a month to sub to the game does not change this.

IMO every item in the crown store or loot crate should be available to subscribers for in game gold, or by achievements, or by quest rewards. To counter people paying for 1 month and buying all the stuff, require a 3 or 6 month sub.

Gouging a customer and prodding into their wallet every time they turn around is the fastest way to lose a customer.

ZOS is turning into that shady, pushy salesman that no one likes and frankly this is saddening. I always respected Bethesda and loved their games but this blatant greed is a complete turn off, esp when their content offerings seem to be slowing down and instead they are focusing on the crown store.

SWTOR did the same and their customer base plummeted.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems Zos has pieces that work well. If items were not selling well the prices would be adjusted just like the price for any other item.
  • Yagorn
    Yagorn
    ✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Yagorn wrote: »

The only paywall is buying the game key to get in.

Anything else is options. You don't have to buy the sub, or crowns, or crown crates, or anything else. It's all options.

Some people want to use the cash shop and not have a sub.
    Some like to sub and use the crown stipend that comes with it to get their crown items.
    Some buy the key only and do neither of the above.
    Some buy crowns and the subscription.

There is nothing wrong with this.

>The most expensive key I paid in my life...

>And they can, thing is, the cash shop is full of overpriced garbage.

>Subs are fine, but being punished by losing evrything including the DLC is a bit of a *** move in my books ''but you get bonuses!'' yeah I heard about sugarcoated *** is good too...

>The ones that have to be going through a grinder expirience when they already paid for the game and having even DUNGEONS locked away for them...

>Leave the whales alone ! :neutral:

You can convince anyone else with that, not me, I'm through with these shenanigans, I want real prices in a single place in the store without stupid crowns or gems at resonable prices, no lootboxes, no 60$ cosmetics.

If they do that then we actualy have a deal there, otherwise you just giving them a chance to manipulate you and anyone else in this community, they are not your friends.
    Edited by Yagorn on November 29, 2017 5:20PM
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We shouldn't be calling these things "microtransactions". A microtransaction would be 200 crowns here. 100 crowns there. We're talking megatransactions. When a single item costs more than the game (and more than other games and expansions out there) then we are in the land of Anything-Goes. The land of Anything-Goes means there's no ceiling as to how far such ridiculousness can reach. How soon will the 20,000 crown house come? Not too far away I'd imagine.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~