The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Flame Atronach Crate Rewards: The Brazenheart Circlet - Is it silver or gold?

SONEshock
SONEshock
✭✭
A friend of mine and I traded the gems we received from the free flame atro crates for this adornment, the Brazenheart Circlet. In the preview window, mine was silver. When I purchased it and wore it, it is definitely silver. However, my friend's is gold. It's not the lighting effects, as we are standing right next to each other in the image (link below). Can anyone shed some light on this? Are there two different color variations of the exact same facial accessory?
Elora Almaren of Mirkwood | Conquest of Tamriel/Ancient Traders/Swamp Haven/Sheogorath's Mortals/Scourge Alliance
PC NA | Aldmeri Dominion
PAWS - Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff!
  • SONEshock
    SONEshock
    ✭✭
    Elora Almaren of Mirkwood | Conquest of Tamriel/Ancient Traders/Swamp Haven/Sheogorath's Mortals/Scourge Alliance
    PC NA | Aldmeri Dominion
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    a character's hair color determines the color of facial accessories. Your toon's hair color makes the circlet silvers, their's makes it bronze/goldish
  • lishybach
    lishybach
    ✭✭
    I have the same adornment, same hairstyle, & same color hairstyle as the brunette in the picture. Mine is bronze/gold though. Not silver. Did she possibly purchase a dye from the crown store to dye a costume? That might change the color. Not sure though since it’s not considered a hat..
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did you also get a non combat pet (the black basilisk?), a mage outfit and some purple lipstick?
  • SONEshock
    SONEshock
    ✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    a character's hair color determines the color of facial accessories. Your toon's hair color makes the circlet silvers, their's makes it bronze/goldish

I never knew that. O_O
    PC NA | Aldmeri Dominion
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things like that change color depending on which character you put it on. I HATE THAT. It's awful. Why can't they just leave the colors alone and have them be the same on every character? That was a stupid decision from ZOS.
  • UberGameMasters
    UberGameMasters
    Soul Shriven
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Things like that change color depending on which character you put it on. I HATE THAT. It's awful. Why can't they just leave the colors alone and have them be the same on every character? That was a stupid decision from ZOS.

Or maybe in the near future where we can use dyes ON EVERYTHING! -Total control haha
    Because right now I have it on my Argonian w/ Blood-Forged skin and it looks sort of cream pastel and not gilded (gold or silvery) at all. :/

https://imgur.com/o4OcyCs
    Edited by UberGameMasters on December 31, 2017 5:51AM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. I don't think so.

I have several characters of the same race with very different hair colours. The circlet (a different one to the OPs) is gold for all of them.

For one character of a different race but with the same hair colour as one for whom the circlet is gold, the circlet is silver.
    Edited by Nerouyn on December 31, 2017 10:06PM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    No. I don't think so.

I have several characters of the same race with very different hair colours. The circlet (a different one to the OPs) is gold for all of them.

For one character of a different race but with the same hair colour as one for whom the circlet is gold, the circlet is silver.

It sounds like you're talking about the Midyear Mayhem circlet, which is a Hat and can be dyed. It's a mess of miscategorization since it has no dye slot (unlike other Hats, but can still be force dyed with the bucket tool), is not effected by hair color (like a facial accessory would), and also doesn't get hidden when Hide Helmet is active (implying it's not a hat).

But for all other facial accessories, yes, character hair color determines what it looks like. I believe race can effect if a particular hair color gets one version or another but only because not all the hair color options are shared across all races. (Else I'd have Razum-Dar red for my Khajiit)

Go check in character creator if you still have doubts, specifically with a metal accessory. There's a wide range of colors for them.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i really hate that and wish you could dye it
  • LeyaVader
    LeyaVader
    Soul Shriven

Thanks for the enlightenment. That's been driving me crazy for the longest time.
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    I realized when setting up my Templar's outfit that the circlet was going to be ditched fast. With her hair she gets a horrid pinkish plastic look, like kid's costume jewelry. I'd be very happy with actual silver or gold.

PinkCirclet.JPG
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donari wrote: »
    I realized when setting up my Templar's outfit that the circlet was going to be ditched fast. With her hair she gets a horrid pinkish plastic look, like kid's costume jewelry. I'd be very happy with actual silver or gold.

PinkCirclet.JPG

That looks awful, like its supposed to be a very bright copper and just missed the mark.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you wanna get an accessory from the crowns store, double check with an accessory you already have to get an idea of the color palette it will pull from.

Or use the crown store preview on the toon you're considering using it for.

The interaction with accessories (also this applies to jewelry like earrings) is half the decision in choosing my toons' hair colors.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Donari wrote: »

PinkCirclet.JPG

That looks awful, like its supposed to be a very bright copper and just missed the mark.

I was thinking rose gold, but I agree it's a bad color fit for the rest of the outfit; it clashes horribly.

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.