The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

3100 gems Can I buy a Radiant mount yet?

WaTeR-aBuSeR
WaTeR-aBuSeR
✭✭✭✭
please...
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Target demographic, eh?

But yeah the radiant mounts are an extra level of cheese, that's for sure.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah its dumb how you cant buy the exclusives
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on November 28, 2017 4:24PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Staaaaahppppppp
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get your wallet under control.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would assume he/she spent close to 500k crowns? Cause usually people get about 100 gems per 120$ worth of crowns i would think
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on November 28, 2017 4:42PM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Girls don't like boys, girls like mounts and money.
    PC EU
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    I would assume he/she spent close to 500k crowns? Cause usually people get about 100 gems per 120$ worth of crowns i would think

Math is a little off. You'll get enough gems for an apex reward of your choosing at around ~$100 dollars.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Math is a little off. You'll get enough gems for an apex reward of your choosing at around ~$100 dollars.

That's if your lucky, most people get about 80-150 gems or so for every 100$, I just bought a 15 crown crate pack and got 60 gems total out of it
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on November 28, 2017 5:32PM
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup, 60 on just your first bit, then the more crates you open in a season the more things you collect, so you're more likely to land on something you already have and end up with gems. if you don't like the furniture gems stack quick
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's if your lucky, most people get about 80-150 gems or so for every 100$, I just bought a 15 crown crate pack and got 60 gems total out of it

It's between $100 and $200 for your first mount. Your gem acquisition rate accelerates the more crates you open, since you're getting more duplicates.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Holy moly...
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • AnnieBeGood
    AnnieBeGood
    ✭✭✭✭
    wait....... HOW many gems? 0.0
    Gulrosa V160 Templar -healer and master crafter
    Annie Spaceshifter V160 magica NB - just a thieving assassin, now retired
    Katerina - 'Daedric Annie' - V160 Stamina DK - now bank alt, wardrobe mistress
    Anni Bee - Vet 160Templar - pvp magica templar - Daedric Lord Slayer
    Lily Malone - stam sorc - pve goddess
    Rey of Jakku Plain - Vet 160 - magica templar dd
    Savanna - magica warden, still learning to play
    and several babies...... learning to ride
    EU server, pc and All for the Pact
    Alith, the best guild in the EU
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Money doesn’t buy luck. It’s seemingly true.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alchemical wrote: »

It's between $100 and $200 for your first mount. Your gem acquisition rate accelerates the more crates you open, since you're getting more duplicates.

Yeah true, just wish we can turn in the 1 timers as well if we don't like them gah.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here we see Corporate's favorite type of Consumer.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would support temporary gem sales of radiant rewards after the crown season is ended (one weekend every month, for example). This would at least allow the collectors to get what they want, and if they compute the gem price well, i.e. if the gem-price-tag is equivalent to what a player would have had to spend to get it anyways, then it wouldn't affect ZOS income (on the contrary), I guess.

That said, these crown-gem stuff are all overpriced. And the (current) locking of radiant rewards behind hard RNG makes me despise the whole system. The best way to take it is to do as if these radiant things did not even exist in the game, in my opinion. That, or considering the collection cannot be completed, thus spending less real-life money than before in the game, since it wouldn't be possible anyways to keep it complete in a "sure" way. :wink:
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but the average total gem value of what you get actually diminishes, since the gem-value of a duplicate is worth slightly less than a third of the gem-value of a new reward.
    I might be wrong on this, but I'd say it's better to compute the total gem value of what you actually want to get, and to not buy any of these with gems until you have enough gems to by the totality of the remainder (for if you get a duplicate of what you just bought, then you have lost two-thirds of its "new" gem-value, in comparison to what would have happened in case you wouldn't have bougth it).

In other words, the number of gems you still need to get what you want is the gem price of the remainder minus the gem ammount you own. If you buy something you want as soon as you can, the instantaneous change in the still-needed gem ammount is zero (what you detract from the gem price of the remainder is exactly what you lose in owned gem ammount), and after that, the actual number of gems you own will, in average, grow faster, but the gem-price of the remainder of what you want will decrease more slowly, overcompensating for the gain in gem growth. That is, of course, considering that the probability of getting a specific item does not depend on what you already obtained.
    But I might be wrong on this "strategy". I'd recommend to check the reasoning yourself before applying it though, in case I'd have made a mistake. I'm not that good with probabilities.
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

$100 got me 200 gems.

Which means I'd need to spend probably close to $200 for 400 gems
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This kind of nonsense is going to get these stupid crates banned
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭

We can live in hope...but I doubt it. This will just prove that they are doing their job and see the more game-impacting items creep on into those crates.
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

I started with ~36 gems from free dwemer/reaper/flame crates. Then opened 30 crates and was just shy of the 400 needed for the flame senche I wanted. Another 15 crates got me to well over 600 gems. I sold all consumables, had a duplicate flame skin for 133 gems (duplicate Apex are unlikely) and sold 2 statues and 1 motif (33 each). I was also lucky enough to get the night frost atronach horse

The above is just so people can benchmark what they might need to buy to get a specific item. Essentially 3 15-packs will most likely get you an Apex of your choice. Which is 15,000 crowns or $150 if you're not buying crowns on sale (mine were all saved up from subbing). Once you have most of the epic and superior rewards, you're looking at 200-300 crown gems for every 15-pack of crates

And yes, Radiant should definitely be buyable. Even if it's 1000 or 1600 crown gems
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    Send us a pic!! Want to show my friends
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe in the rest of the world. But not here in America. People should have the express right to choose how they spend their money.
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on November 28, 2017 8:06PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is the OP competing for a customer of the month award?
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Is the OP competing for a customer of the month award?

To clarify, these are gems that I've saved up since the creation of the system. I've bought very few items using them because there hasn't been anything I liked that I didn't get. I was able to completely skip buying the nature crates, but because of the radiant rewards I'm either forced to buy more crates to get the mount I want.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They aren't worth it!!
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    keep going youll get it eventually! This is how the game gets paid for guys, if water abuser wants to solo fund upcoming DLC more power to him.

The radiant apex mounts are legit looking though, I really cant blame him

Maybe in the rest of the world. But not here in America. People should have the express right to choose how they spend their money.

@FearlessOne_2014 Hell yeah 'murica we gonna buy whatever we want when we want cause we can!
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yh dude I asked if I could just buy one with real money after I spent over 1k usd I was told no.

If ur not to attached to ur account could always do what some have done and it’s against ToS but buy an account that got the mount you want. It’s cheaper then trying to get the thing urself.

A lot of these people think $1k is a *** ton of money and will throw away their account in a heart beat for the cash. So either spend the money none stop from crown crates or if u see a player in game with the mount you want just send an offer.

I’m sure this will get deleted but don’t care
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can give them the gems to fix the loading screens maybe. :| On the mount I wish they would let you have it. :smile: Though unfortunately by hitting the crates sooo hard, you gave them every reason not to allow you to buy the mount.
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cognitive dissonance