The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Problem downloading patch

edorfeus
edorfeus
✭✭✭
Hi Zenimax!
Why does your game always ask me to have 70+ GB free space to download even the tiniest patch such as the latest 1.30 for example (less than 500 mb)?
Please, tell me why... No other game demands this. If there's free space for the patch, it just downloads it and that's all, but ESO patches just don't. I have about 23 GB free space now, and I see a message that i need to free additional 49+GB to download a ~500mb patch.
And it's been like that all the time. Will you ever do something about it please? I'm tired of uninstalling some game and reinstalling it with all the patches just to download some small ESO patch.
Edited by edorfeus on November 28, 2017 2:45PM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edorfeus wrote: »
    Hi Zenimax!
    Why does your game always ask me to have 70+ GB free space to download even the tiniest patch such as the latest 1.30 for example (less than 500 mb)?
    Please, tell me why... No other game demands this. If there's free space for the patch, it just downloads it and that's all, but ESO patches just don't. I have about 23 GB free space now, and I see a message that i need to free additional 49+GB to download a ~500mb patch.
    And it's been like that all the time. Will you ever do something about it please? I'm tired of uninstalling some game and reinstalling it with all the patches just to download some small ESO patch.

I was getting the same error message and had almost 100 GB free. :/ Deleted a 20 GB game I never play, and bam, I could download that piddly little patch... It's incredibly annoying, and it's getting to the point now where I'm thinking of transferring all of my non-ESO games over to my external hard drive to keep the issue from occurring. 99% of my limited game play time is devoted to ESO anyway.