Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Problem with crashes :'(

majinstef
majinstef
✭✭
I was playing the game since the first beta came out. I was able to play it about one and a half year and then came problem with game crashing. I took a 2-year break since then and I really want to play again and here is my problem: everything was working normally and then all of the sudden I start up the game, go to character select and when I pick the one I want to play with it goes to loading screen and it crashes on that loading screen every single time. Did anyone experienced that kind of problem? Can anybody tell me what to do? I tried reinstalling the game, but I never did reinstalled windows to try and solve this problem with crash.

Best Answer

• JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majinstef wrote: »
    Processor Intel(R) core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30GHz
    RAM 4,00GB (3,49GB usable)
    System type 32-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Is anything missing here? I'm such a noob when it comes to computers =(
    What is that event viewer that you mentioned?

Your CPU is slightly better than the i3 540 which is listed as the minimum required. While ESO currently does support 32 bit operating systems, it will stop supporting them early next year. So, even if you get it working now you will need to update to 64-bit windows to continue playing. What version of Windows are you running?

Do you know what graphics card you have installed, if any? You might not have a dedicated graphics card which could be the problem. I assume you bought a complete system from some retailer. Do you know the full model number? That might help identify if it came with a discrete graphics card.

I suspect your crashes are because you are below minimum spec required to play the game. The minimum requirements have increased since the games initial release.

Since you are not familiar with the event viewer I would not worry about that at this point.

I ran the game consultant from client and here are specs from my computer:
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
    Display Memory: 2766 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 979 MB
    Shared Memory: 1787 MB
    Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 32-bit

I hope I put everything you asked me now in here.
    Can I also ask of you to tell me if I have everything for 64-bit windows or do I need to buy something new?

Thanks, that is very helpful.

Unfortunately you are below min specs on the graphics card. The minimum is the GTX 460, but you have the GTS 450. Your CPU does support 64 bit Windows, but even if you upgraded to 64 bit Windows I don't think you will get the game running reliably. And, even if you did, it would not look pretty.

PC MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i3 540 or AMD A6-3620
    Memory: 3GB System RAM
    Storage: 85GB free HDD space
    Video Card: DirectX 11.0 compliant video card with 1GB of RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® 460 / AMD Radeon™ 6850)
    Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
    Internet Broadband Connection
    Answer ✓
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was playing the game since the first beta came out. I was able to play it about one and a half year and then came problem with game crashing. I took a 2-year break since then and I really want to play again and here is my problem: everything was working normally and then all of the sudden I start up the game, go to character select and when I pick the one I want to play with it goes to loading screen and it crashes on that loading screen every single time. Did anyone experienced that kind of problem? Can anybody tell me what to do? I tried reinstalling the game, but I never did reinstalled windows to try and solve this problem with crash.

I would post your PC specs. Also try checking the event viewer to see if any errors are posted in either the system or application logs that might clue into the issue.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already submit a support ticket via the support webpage: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com

Their customer support can help trouble shoot you through issues.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • majinstef
    majinstef
    ✭✭
    I would post your PC specs. Also try checking the event viewer to see if any errors are posted in either the system or application logs that might clue into the issue. [/quote]

• Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    These are the recommended specs for running ESO:

PC Recommended System Requirements:

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
    Processor: Intel® Core i5 2300 or AMD FX4350
    System RAM: 8GB
    Hard Disk Space: 85GB free HDD space
    GPU: Direct X 11.0 compliant video card with 2GB RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750 or AMD Radeon™ HD 7850) or higher
    Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
    Internet: Internet Broadband Connection

You fall below on everything you posted and you didn't post your graphics.
    Edited by Hippie4927 on November 28, 2017 9:36AM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your CPU is slightly better than the i3 540 which is listed as the minimum required. While ESO currently does support 32 bit operating systems, it will stop supporting them early next year. So, even if you get it working now you will need to update to 64-bit windows to continue playing. What version of Windows are you running?

Do you know what graphics card you have installed, if any? You might not have a dedicated graphics card which could be the problem. I assume you bought a complete system from some retailer. Do you know the full model number? That might help identify if it came with a discrete graphics card.

I suspect your crashes are because you are below minimum spec required to play the game. The minimum requirements have increased since the games initial release.

Since you are not familiar with the event viewer I would not worry about that at this point.
  • majinstef
    majinstef
    ✭✭

I ran the game consultant from client and here are specs from my computer:
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
    Display Memory: 2766 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 979 MB
    Shared Memory: 1787 MB
    Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 32-bit

I hope I put everything you asked me now in here.
    Can I also ask of you to tell me if I have everything for 64-bit windows or do I need to buy something new?
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, 4GB of RAM? Since that's the max you can run on a 32bit system, I'd seriously consider upgrading to a 64bit computer. With JUST ESO running, my computer sits at 10GB of ram IN USE.

tWVoNGr.jpg