Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What if trial sets where 3 pieces instead of 5?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
A lot of the trials sets go unused or maybe forget... but what if they were 3 piece sets instead of 5? Would it make trials more interesting for people?
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OOOOOOOoooooooooooo

4b7c9162b034b73deff08c8f63dc6cb4cbd3430ddacd5c2746d2d1142a8e8eb4.jpg
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• TheNorthernDragon
    TheNorthernDragon
    ✭✭✭
    You want to change Trials sets because some people can't use Google or write down a note?

No.
    Edited by TheNorthernDragon on November 28, 2017 10:56AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the issues are the bonuses are bad*, not that it takes too many slots to unlock them.

Most of those sets wouldn't get use even if the slots were only three.

*Not best min/max.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to have a three piece that would compete with willpower/agility/moondancer/anything with minor slayer.

Like buff this, http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Wrath_of_the_Imperium, to be 1.5 times like will power. Or make this to cp160, http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Relics_of_the_Physician,_Ansur, would not be BiS but close and more viable options would be nice.

For everyone wondering, here is the trial set the op is talking about.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Trial_Sets
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on November 28, 2017 11:03AM
  • yukikenzo
    yukikenzo
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't we have 3-piece trial sets pre-One Tamriel. Back in the days you only got them on there trial scaled level which was VR12 for AA, HRC and VR14 for SO. Those set were update to be 5-piece sets with One Tamriel or the patch after it.
    PS5 EU
    rich in ESO, poor irl
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do recall they used to be only 3 slots. Sure not all them could fixed this way, but I think it give some actual favor to Trials if this were you could find 3 piece sets. Currently only spot is pretty much cydrolli.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that 3 and 4 piece sets (with varying levels of power) should be more common in general. Make itemization more interesting and give more options, if done properly.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I never understood why people farm trials for gear unless it's so they can get better at doing trials. Min/maxing isn't required for dungeons and most of the sets are pretty useless for PvP. No gear is going to make people interested in doing trials. You either do trials because you enjoy the content or do it for some other reason that isn't going to keep you there for very long. Also not really sure what this nonsense is about trials sets not being used, I use a lot of them including Moondancer, IA, VO, TFS, War Machine....
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    I never understood why people farm trials for gear unless it's so they can get better at doing trials. Min/maxing isn't required for dungeons and most of the sets are pretty useless for PvP. No gear is going to make people interested in doing trials. You either do trials because you enjoy the content or do it for some other reason that isn't going to keep you there for very long. Also not really sure what this nonsense is about trials sets not being used, I use a lot of them including Moondancer, IA, VO, TFS, War Machine....

5 pieces are rarely use or they are circumstantial, there are indeed a lot of stuff which could be revamp. Veteran HM could be a trial difficulty and not a last boss difficulty and could drop better item which imho would be great to farm. Let's say it gives a 2/4 pc bonus + 25% and a major slayer 10%. Let's say moondancer is a permanent bonus which would change each time you activate a synergie, let's say that infallible aether would gives major vulnerability, Alkosh would become an aura surrounding you, etc... all those possibility bring a real powercreep (I admit it) to HM but it also gives more incentive.

BTW I do think that most raiding guild wouldn't not be mad if they had to redo HRC in order to gather some real advantage.
  • Make2k15
    Make2k15
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    A lot of the trials sets go unused or maybe forget... but what if they were 3 piece sets instead of 5? Would it make trials more interesting for people?

Probably not. IMO the reasons these trials are not interesting to majority of people:

-You can't query on them with group finder which pretty much alone in a way makes them hard core content.
    -Trial group size of 12 is way too high due to technology limitations alone. Like for me the trials what I have done were really laggy almost kinda like slide show at times even if I have top of the line HW and internet connection (70-100 ping). Add to that the light show from 12 players ground aoes etc. and you really have to be a bit hard core to want to watch that around 10 min per boss being at one spot most of the time.

I would rather see trials for smaller group sizes (5-7 player) which probably could be added to group finder with no problems too.