The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Battlegrounds are garbage now

• Hexyl
    Hexyl
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is the entire CP sytem. Since Zos launch it, it was a botched feature quick made for "commercial purpose"

Obviously, it's outdated, and i can't imagine a pve or a pvp with 3600 cp point when i see what it's look like right now with "only" 690 cp point..

They need to rework it.
    Entirely.
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urza1234 wrote: »
    It baffles me that people would expect -not- to go against a premade, whats the point of a battleground if its not a premade? The point is to take your premade team, comp(osition), and strats, and duke it out against other premades. Its like complaining about premades in WoW Arenas, OF COURSE you'll be going against premades.
    You know what the competitive format is in MMOs for solo players? Duels.

What's the point of queueing against a bunch of randoms? What kind of jackwagon enjoys beating down uncoordinated pugs? Premades should queue against other premades, bottom line.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexyl wrote: »
    The problem is the entire CP sytem. Since Zos launch it, it was a botched feature quick made for "commercial purpose"

Obviously, it's outdated, and i can't imagine a pve or a pvp with 3600 cp point when i see what it's look like right now with "only" 690 cp point..

They need to rework it.
    Entirely.

Conceptually I think CP is a good idea, because it does add depth to the game.

The problem with CP currently is that it weighs too heavily on the defensive side of things- people become too hard to kill.

That is why before removing the system altogether, I would rather ZOS experiment with merely lessening the effects so that gameplay more mimics Non-CP PvP, which I consider to be more balanced.

Alternatively, the bonuses CP provides to sustain should be increased.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Mihael wrote: »
    And to the excuse of “just find friends to play with”
    I for example could easily make a group of 4 good players but I don’t because it takes 0 skill to fight randoms when you are in a group of 4 and using discord i don’t know how that is fun to some people but I guess to each their own

Please do. Premades are a ton of fun to fight with other premades. THe best BG matches ive ever been in have been when we've had all premades.

More premades = better..

If you want to queue solo, go duel.

Thats why queye should have Option "only random grouping" to can chose.
    Now it's a crap garbage, cause when u're in premade u can't fight vs other premades mostly, and when u solo, premades *** u like a target dummy.
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_EveP , Separate at least premades on battrlegrounds from rangdom grouped players, it's now totally wrong in these aspects, extremly broken.
    2 leagues, one for randoms, who should teamwork in their groups to win also, another for Premade groups, who wan't to have competition. Option to grouping tool, 2 leaderbords, its simple...same as with non-veteran and veteran cyrodiil, when low-lvl can come veteran pvp, but veteran cannot come to non-vet...
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    diplomatt wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »
    Mihael wrote: »
    And to the excuse of “just find friends to play with”
    I for example could easily make a group of 4 good players but I don’t because it takes 0 skill to fight randoms when you are in a group of 4 and using discord i don’t know how that is fun to some people but I guess to each their own

Please do. Premades are a ton of fun to fight with other premades. THe best BG matches ive ever been in have been when we've had all premades.

More premades = better..

If you want to queue solo, go duel.

Thats why queye should have Option "only random grouping" to can chose.
    Now it's a crap garbage, cause when u're in premade u can't fight vs other premades mostly, and when u solo, premades *** u like a target dummy. Gamplay doesn't allow to counter this... voice coordinated groups heals more, focus players by inavoidable skills, cc etc... cause You gave them such oppotrunity in system... Think about this please.
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_EveP , Separate at least premades on battlegrounds from rangdom grouped players, it's now totally wrong in these aspects, extremly broken.
    2 leagues, one for randoms, who should teamwork in their groups to win also, another for Premade groups, who wan't to have competition. Option to grouping tool, 2 leaderbords, its simple...same as with non-veteran and veteran cyrodiil, when low-lvl can come veteran pvp, but veteran cannot come to non-vet...
    @Anethum from .ua