Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Different technique for final maelstrom boss and recommended CP?

pteam
pteam
✭✭✭
I’m struggling a bit with final boss in vet maelstrom. I’m a mag pet sorcerer running 2 pets and almost 50k Magicka and 20k health running almost all gold necro, gold julianos , and gold 1 piece Domihaus. I mostly just get 1 shot or what feels like a 1 second death. The fire breathing daedroth will melt me in like 2 second even with a shield on. Should I reallocate my CP into something like all points into elemental defender and thick skinned? I’m only cp 360. Also does ironclad help at all?

Also I’ve been thinking about try a new strategy on the boss. As soon as he spawns drop Destro ult on him and just blast him with everything and hope to get him to 70% before the daedroth even spawns. Will this prevent the daedroth from even spawning this time? Go up kill the crystals and then when I drop down same thing grab power sigil drop Destro ult on boss and just nuke him down to 0 before the daedroth even spawn. I’ll get the gold ghosts just in case and use the spectral explosion as soon as the CG spawns and just keep nuking the boss. I can do 40k dps in bursts but even if we round down to 30k to be conservative the first 30% of the boss should only take 10 seconds, and the final 70% would take 23 seconds. Think this would work?
The Flawless Conqueror
Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • Saint314Louis1985
    Saint314Louis1985
    ✭✭✭
    pteam wrote: »
    I’m struggling a bit with final boss in vet maelstrom. I’m a mag pet sorcerer running 2 pets and almost 50k Magicka and 20k health running almost all gold necro, gold julianos , and gold 1 piece Domihaus. I mostly just get 1 shot or what feels like a 1 second death. The fire breathing daedroth will melt me in like 2 second even with a shield on. Should I reallocate my CP into something like all points into elemental defender and thick skinned? I’m only cp 360. Also does ironclad help at all?

Also I’ve been thinking about try a new strategy on the boss. As soon as he spawns drop Destro ult on him and just blast him with everything and hope to get him to 70% before the daedroth even spawns. Will this prevent the daedroth from even spawning this time? Go up kill the crystals and then when I drop down same thing grab power sigil drop Destro ult on boss and just nuke him down to 0 before the daedroth even spawn. I’ll get the gold ghosts just in case and use the spectral explosion as soon as the CG spawns and just keep nuking the boss. I can do 40k dps in bursts but even if we round down to 30k to be conservative the first 30% of the boss should only take 10 seconds, and the final 70% would take 23 seconds. Think this would work?

i always save destro ult until the crem guard spawns at the beginning right after his first teleport. just spam shield while your dots/ult melt the boss + guard. boss will always be under 70% by then. as soon as mobs die then go upstairs.

after you get all the crystals, the first thing you do is grab the defense sigil THEN the dmg sigil and do not interupt the boss. wait for him to teleport before you drop your ultimate. once he does, hit him with everything youve got. can usually burn him before the CG spawns on final phase even if the boss manages to get a gold ghost or two. works every time.
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    Why would u not interrupt the boss when u jump down? He does that channeled attack right away that your supposed to interrupt
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why would u not interrupt the boss when u jump down? He does that channeled attack right away that your supposed to interrupt

You grab the defense sigil and his channeled attract gets reflected back to him for big damage
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are describing how you will probably beat him on your 8-10th clear. Most seasoned players go for the nuke method. You do exactly as described, drop all your DOTs and Destro ultimate right as he is spawning and nuke to 70 percent before he ports. It really is not hard to do, but you must commit to it. Once you nuke him, you will still have to deal with the healer, that you definitely want to kill or he will be hanging around in the last phase. You will also have to kill the ghost clanfear as usual. If you take a long time with those a guard will spawn, but you can certainly avoid it. If a guard does spawn right as you are going up, dont worry, it wont be there in the third round (unlike the healer).

Then you can do the top part as normal. Only tips there are tripots and perhaps the speed sigil right before you go up. Otherwise, its dont stand in red, block/dodge his skull attacks, do high DPS on crystals, circle counter clockwise to the moving shield wall. Failing at any one of those 4 things and it's probably a wipe.

When you get back downstairs again, you can also go for the nuke option. I highly suggest grabbing both the shield and power sigil immediately, especially if you want to go that route. Once you get downstairs, your first move must either be straight to the shield sigil or straight to the boss to interrupt him, otherwise, he will melt you with his channel attack. If you have the DPS to burn him to 70%, then you have the DPS to burn him in the final phase. It's still a good idea to grab the gold ghosts in case you mess up, but when nuking you really shouldn't see a third one. If done right, you can do the entire last boss fight with no guards.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on November 27, 2017 5:17PM
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    should I respec my CP to help a little on the final boss? Im a pet mag sorc

Blue:
    18 in elfborn 8.2%
    18 in elemental expert 4.98% need 1 more point to hit 5%
    8 in spell erosion 811 spell penetration - I did read that spell erosion is inefficient I could put 1 more point in ele expert and the rest in master at arms? - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/361402/cp-stars-that-are-never-useful

0 in master at arms

75 thaumaturge to get exploiter

red:
    41 in iron clad 16.3%

15 thick skinned 6.97% need 1 more point to hit 7
    32 hardy 8.1%
    32 elemental defender 8.1%

If you think all these look good I could just go farm a few more CP to hit the next % in elemental expert and thick skinned
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For easy mode, take power sigil at start (if you really need to) drop aoe on boss and burn. As he teleports take defence sigil and watch him kill himself. Only drop Ulti if mage / CG and Voriak are all close together..

When you come down interupt him and get ghost, drop aoe in path of summoner and stay on Voriak (get power sigil if you didnt use) forget CG as it won't spawn till 3rd ghost and you can stun it, when you do burn the world with aoe and all dead
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, you have dealt with the crematorial guards on every stage up until this one. Why now is it giving you trouble? You just have to keep the boss in the corner of your eye and dodge roll the skull when needed. Everything else is the same.
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the Crematorial Guards, don't stand still while taking them down. Strafe around them in a circle. The fire won't hit you when you are running around them in a circle.

Pop your ultimate immediately when the fight starts to drop him down to 70% before he teleports. This enables you to skip the first Crematorial Guard. In my experience, by the time you are done with the crystal phase, your ultimate will pretty much be up again.

Contrary to what people say, I'd actually advise against using the power sigil at the start of the fight. Granted I'm at the point where I can drop the boss to 70% before he teleports without it, but I have always found it much more relieving to pop the sigils once you are done with the crystal phase. Make sure you grab the yellow ghosts, more so that the boss doesn't get empowered than for the spectral burst (though it's quite nice of you're able to pop it).

Make sure to interrupt his channeled skill, and dodge the projectiles that knock you back.
    Edited by Illurian on November 27, 2017 9:25PM
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    should I respec my CP to help a little on the final boss? Im a pet mag sorc

Blue:
    18 in elfborn 8.2%
    18 in elemental expert 4.98% need 1 more point to hit 5%
    8 in spell erosion 811 spell penetration - I did read that spell erosion is inefficient I could put 1 more point in ele expert and the rest in master at arms? - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/361402/cp-stars-that-are-never-useful

0 in master at arms

75 thaumaturge to get exploiter

red:
    41 in iron clad 16.3%

15 thick skinned 6.97% need 1 more point to hit 7
    32 hardy 8.1%
    32 elemental defender 8.1%

If you think all these look good I could just go farm a few more CP to hit the next % in elemental expert and thick skinned

I would take some points out of hardy and elemental defender and get your thick skinned up to where ironclad is. There is a fair amount of DoT damage in vMA. I think I was around 450 cp when I first cleared it but that was many patches ago so idk what's needed now.
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use your Destro ult at the start ONLY if you can get the boss down to 70% without the force sigil.

Save that force sigil for when you drop down after crystal phase and need to nuke the boss hard, after getting the shield sigil.

If you can't get boss to 70% at start without force sigil, then DPS as usual and drop ult on boss when he teleports after you've interrupted his channel. It'll catch the crematorial guard, the boss, and hopefully the healer.
    Edited by bhagwad on November 28, 2017 2:36PM
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys for the help
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Negate stops the crem guard from breathing fire. That is what helped me clear on Stam Sorc until I got Dawnbreaker.
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys I beat it the next time I tried and got an inferno staff!
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

• tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats!

As for Crematorial Guards, if you can't avoid the spawn, just kill it before it does the fire breath attack. It has so low health, that just placing your DoTs at spawn point and spamming force pulse or even heavy attack is enough to kill it before it can harm you. You wrote you can do 40k DPS burst damage and it's almost twice as much as needed to burst it before the attack.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also I’ve been thinking about try a new strategy on the boss. As soon as he spawns drop Destro ult on him and just blast him with everything and hope to get him to 70% before the daedroth even spawns. Will this prevent the daedroth from even spawning this time? Go up kill the crystals and then when I drop down same thing grab power sigil drop Destro ult on boss and just nuke him down to 0 before the daedroth even spawn. I’ll get the gold ghosts just in case and use the spectral explosion as soon as the CG spawns and just keep nuking the boss. I can do 40k dps in bursts but even if we round down to 30k to be conservative the first 30% of the boss should only take 10 seconds, and the final 70% would take 23 seconds. Think this would work?[/quote]

The 2nd tactic you mention is a very good one if you can get the timing with the gold ghosts done correctly. But with a 40k dps burst you should be more than good.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it bad that I forgot about the fact that a Ceremonial guard spawns on the final round? Lol
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some tips

-Have destro util when guard spawns the first time to kill him fast as well as healer
    -Only destroy 2 crystals, jump down in middle and grap heal sigil , again use destro util to kill guard and healer
    -Go up destroy final crystal
    -Get defense sigil , get gold ghost then interrupt boss
    -Kill the summoner npc , grab 2nd gold ghost
    -Do some dps to boss , grab 3rd gold ghost
    -Grab ofensive sigil , use destro util on boss and guard (either you kill boss or get very close)
    -DONE

-Use try pots
    -Have shield(s) on first bar
    -Learn to avoid metors when you are destrying crystals and well as timing for skull (this is only with many tries)