The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master writ vouchers that are not worth doing share your stories and screenshots

Armatesz
Armatesz
✭✭✭✭✭
What I am talking about are ones that are obvious not worth doing, stuff such as asking you to make an ebony dagger and only rewarding you 6 writ vouchers. I've gotten a couple of ebony requests that would give me 6 writs... the material costs 8... wth.
Ärmätèsz
Xbox NA
Guildless (by choice)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As to what I did with those two writ vouchers I just plainly destroyed them, no use in giving someone a lemon... I could never see myself doing that to anyone.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ambrosia Provisioning writs are the worsssssst. The voucher reward is so low for the price of perfect roes.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buoyant Armiger chest in Legendary, reward - 6WV, sure I'll just drop 300K on the motif (not that it can be found) and the drop 40-50K worth of tempers on 6WV. 58K a voucher is the going rate, right?
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buoyant Armiger chest in Legendary, reward - 6WV, sure I'll just drop 300K on the motif (not that it can be found) and the drop 40-50K worth of tempers on 6WV. 58K a voucher is the going rate, right?

On typical writ voucher points is 1-2k each point value. I am pretty sure I have one or two buoyant armiger pieces learned already.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, you guys actually get writs. :| I thought writ drops had been nerfed into non-existence. I have a crafter who's maxed out all 6 crafts, has learned all but 3 motifs, has 75% of the purple and gold recipes and in 2 months of doing orders for writs, has gotten exactly 0 writs. I usually do orders 4 -5 times a week. I done with it now.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asked me to craft a legendary item, don't remember what style, but it was a legendary weapon.

7 vouchers. So less than 1 voucher for each temp alloy alone that would have taken.
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    never doing legendary if it is less than 50 vouchers. it is not worth it. Just sell mine if it is less than 50 vouchers for ~500g per voucher and buy good one (more than 50-60 vouchers) with same 500-600g per voucher.
    I might do 7-10 vouchers epic writ though. Depends on the traits (I don't have 9 traits everywhere yet) and motif. Never will do expensive ones like militant ordinator or byoant armiger. It is amazing, but those writs with BA are selling well at 500-600g per voucher. So, there are people who knows that motifs...

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly sell more than I hand in after getting the Ebony motif and the bathtub. RNG fails pretty bad sometimes, although I sell those "lemons" at a big discount depending on the requirements.

Free crates -> free mimic stones = some people may make lemonade?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one for a pretty simple set but in marong tong style. Was worth 7 vouchers. I put it up on the guild store and sold it for 2 grand. Just for the heck of it I looked up the price of the motif page I needed and they were going for 30 k ish.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Ambrosia Provisioning writs are the worsssssst. The voucher reward is so low for the price of perfect roes.

Ditto for the Orzoga's Smoked Bear Haunch.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Epic Prismatic glyph requests are also pretty bad.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't have the motif, sell the master writ to somebody who does. Those cases aren't as bad as the ones in which the cost of ingredients is way over 1K gold per writ voucher.
  • Urza1234
    Urza1234
    ✭✭✭✭
    The mastercraft rewards just arent attractive enough clearly.

They need to work some consumables besides Diminished Aetherial Dust into the stock of the Mastercraft Mediator. Some really attractive consumables would drive the price of vouchers up, thus driving the price of all the non-consumable rewards up, and suddenly there would be no such thing as a writ thats not worth doing.

.... wait, that would make too much sense though. plz nerf sorcs instead. someone post me that spiderman nerf sorc meme plz
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If I have the mats, and the writ doesn't take gold tempers, I'll make it. Buy purple plans with the vouchers, and donate them to my guild auction. Once I hit the "do 100 master writs" achievement, I'm not going to bother with any more of them.

Keep in mind I have alts with their crafting skills set to collect the lower than ruby level mats, so I rarely if ever have to buy the mats.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that knowing more and more traits has something to do with the rng of getting master writs, I've noticed I have gotten quite a bit more with more traits learned versus not that many.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I don't know the motif, and it's expensive to buy, I sell the writ. I almost never buy the mats to do them, I farmed everything on my own, including perfect roe. If I have the mats I'll do it. I have put a hold epic blacksmith writs, as I'm low of purple upgrade mats. And even though I have ebony mats from the anniversary event, you do raise a good point about the net -2 vouchers to do it. I'll destroy those if I ever come across one.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This must be a bug on console. Epics give 6-7 vouchers. That writ gives at least 80 vouchers. Every legendary gear writ is always over 40 vouchers.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only master writs I don't do are the ones requiring Perfect Roe. I don't do fishing. I don't have any perfect roe. Buying 2 perfect roe for 25K off the guild traders to do a 10 voucher writ is not worth it, especially as 10 writ vouchers is only enough to buy a blue furniture design that I may well have already.

I keep those writs stashed in a bag holder's pack, just in case I ever do get any perfect roe.

PC EU
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't do Provisioning dailies, so don't get any MW's under 5 vouchers. I also don't do any MW's under about 50 voucher value as I think the mats are better utilized on daily writs rather than master writs. I do however do the 3 crafting writs on 8 characters every day, so get plenty of MW's and am happy to sell the lower valued writs.

So far I have 4 sets of crafting tables, a target skeleton and a transmutation table but still have about 800 vouchers and roughly 600 vouchers worth of writs. This is only 7 or 8, each between about 50 and 110 vouchers. As I have more vouchers than I need, any MW's I do not have the motif knowledge to complete gets sold, regardless of value.

I would like to see better items purchasable with writ vouchers. I don't care about furniture designs or using the vouchers to buy things to sell - I can make more gold than I need already. I'm not after more money for my excess writs, just more of an incentive to think about doing them myself.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ambrosia(10 vouchers for 8 meals ffs) ,nirnrooted (got enough but im not spending them) and leg below 50 (store them till i decide what to do with them)
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a lot of people don't want to buy motifs or materials. I don't either I just hold on them until I find them. I have one master writ that is about 3 months old, more or less.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Latonia
    Latonia
    Ambrosia provisioning writs for 2 vouchers are absurd. I always put them up for sale and am always shocked when someone buys them. I also sell any writ offering a low number of vouchers for a motif I don't have which would cost a fair bit to buy.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    This must be a bug on console. Epics give 6-7 vouchers. That writ gives at least 80 vouchers. Every legendary gear writ is always over 40 vouchers.

This is simply incorrect. I play XBox NA and have received at least half a dozen writs requiring legendary gear that only gave 17-19 vouchers in return.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

This is simply incorrect. I play XBox NA and have received at least half a dozen writs requiring legendary gear that only gave 17-19 vouchers in return.
    No it isn't. Then consoles must have their own scale. On PC woodworking gives the least vouchers and even worst ones give over 40. Legendary clothing starts from about 70. Highest available is 328, IIRC. Epic gear gives 5-8, epic nirn armor a bit below 20 and nirn weapons over 40.

Please show some samples of legendary master gear writs below 20 vouchers. I can find something similar on PC. Then we can compare.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Ditto for the Orzoga's Smoked Bear Haunch.

10 writ vouchers, worth about 13k, requires north of 20k in mats to craft so worth -7k or so. The odd thing is, people do actually buy them from me when I sell them. Fools and their gold I guess. I would vendor them if I couldn't sell them in guild stores.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No it isn't. Then consoles must have their own scale. On PC woodworking gives the least vouchers and even worst ones give over 40. Legendary clothing starts from about 70. Highest available is 328, IIRC. Epic gear gives 5-8, epic nirn armor a bit below 20 and nirn weapons over 40.

Please show some samples of legendary master gear writs below 20 vouchers. I can find something similar on PC. Then we can compare.

I had a woodworking writ for a legendary item that would have given me only 9 vouchers. I literally couldn't give the damn thing away it was such trash.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will provide a screenshot the next time I get one (or more). The first two master writs I got after homestead (or whatever update started the whole master crafting), were both legendary for <20 vouchers. My third one ended up being for 301 vouchers for some nirnhoned blacksmithing weapon so I couldn't complain too much, but the fact remains I did get several under 20 legendary. Just couldn't justify the gold tempers to do those.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)