The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

vMA lag and drops.

elijafire
elijafire
✭✭✭
They are CONSTANT. Addons off, everything on my end is perfect... is this normal?
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    Lags - yes. These do happen to me a lot on PS4, rarely on PC (Cyrodiil mostly).
    Drops (like in disconnects?) happen to me every now and them, but are rather rare (I've had a few in vMA and maybe a few each month in other areas). Most of the DCs I get I can track to either my ISP (a whole "segments" of internet unavailable for a minute or two, while other parts are ok at the same time) or my own router.

Though I've heard a lot of people are experiencing connectivity issues. It's most likely their ISP routing policy. Just because one thing works fine (like a local google cache servers or some other mmo) doesn't mean the ISP provides good connectivity and short, dependable paths to any part of the network.

Generally a company serving content connects their servers to a few (directly or indirectly) internet exchange points (or uses CDN for file delivery, which in turn has a global network of cache servers connected to many big IXPs). The rest is in the hands of ISP (eg. whether they have a decent routing and take part in a particular IXPs).

For example, I've got two independent services. Both ISPs are considered decent. On one the ping to ESO EU servers are ~80ms (with in game latency showing 110-120: bigger packets, more data, processing time). It takes a weird route of going around the country and few neighbouring countries before it reaches destination after 15 or so hops). The other is ~25ms and 50-60 in game, but connects nearly directly to one of few big local IXPs and then goes pretty much directly to destination, reaching it after 5 hops.

I'm ~650km away from the servers, though the actual way the packets travel might be as much as twice of that distance, accounting for switches and routers induced delays, I'm most likely quite close to the lowest possible from my place (south western Poland).
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I continuesly get a disconnect on respawn too...
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    it was event in wrothgar, zos just cannot scale the load. Even in wrothgar I had latency like 400-500 on a regular basis. Now event is over and vMA should be more smooth.

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    vovus69 wrote: »
    it was event in wrothgar, zos just cannot scale the load. Even in wrothgar I had latency like 400-500 on a regular basis. Now event is over and vMA should be more smooth.

-vovus

Yeah that was a BLAST farming vMA with huge lag spikes from the Daedroth cheating mobs on last boss with the boss at 5% splattering consistently. I finally just gave up and did it REALLY early in the morning.