Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Do you decorate your House for the Holidays?

gangyzgirl
gangyzgirl
✭✭✭✭
While ZOS has given us a multitude of different furnishings to use to make our player houses unique and special, I always felt they missed out on providing another bit of flavor.

HOlidays.

Since ESO really doesn't have any specific holiday decorations we can use in furnishings, some players have to get a bit creative.

A friend of mine showed me how to make a jack-o-lantern which I have proudly displayed on my doorstep.

a566e9a77c550715b7ac6524f1220b5a.png
8b6d3dbf717707e492856b885b33aebc.jpg

And I just recently made a Christmas Tree!

8f8d1ba714d15e466cf1ac32950bdbdc.jpg

I was just curious if anyone else decided to be a bit creative with their housing decor with the holidays coming up.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no because we require more slots
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decorated a snow pile with Tanzelwill Culanda stones. Does that count?
    signing off
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was unaware there were these things. I may have to look into them, what is that tree called?
  • gangyzgirl
    gangyzgirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »
    I was unaware there were these things. I may have to look into them, what is that tree called?

It's actually the Topiary manicured Evergreen hedge placed in a Dark Elf Pot, Banded. For the lights I made about 6-8 of the short Breton Chambersticks (candles) and 4-5 of the dreamshards ( Achievement Furnishing in Stormhaven). As for the star at the top it's the Blessing Stone (Achievement Furnishing in Vvardenfell).

As a little bonus, by crafting some trunks and picking up a few jewelry boxes, you can make it so that there are presents underneath the tree =3

feefd3cad29a5fbfd95232b1a435f8b4.jpg
  • laurajf
    laurajf
    ✭✭✭
    I would if they provided the furnishings to do so and we had more slots.

I left another game because I hated their loot boxes, many of which included the housing stuff, but they had the best housing ever with so much potential for creativity (up to 2500 slots, building the entire houses from scratch with building materials, and they included holiday furnishings (wreaths, lights, decorated/lit trees, candy canes, garland, etc. plus other holiday-appropriate stuff in the spring and fall for other holidays/seasons) I remember creating holiday-themed houses all the time.

ESO housing is so severely disappointing in so many aspects that I'm tempted to reinstall that other game just to get my housing fix (not for the questing or anything else, though. Just housing.) What I thought were bad loot boxes originally are now nothing because they were specific as to what you would get in those and since they had specific housing loot boxes, you basically would get anything you wanted from them since they were tailored to housing items. Furnishing loot boxes and even furnishings on the store were cheaper than ESO furnishings. You also could get them in game and on the auction house, not just the store.

I would love to be able to decorate an ESO house for the holidays but it's impossible (not the way I'd want it to be anyway).
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I barely decorate my house irl. Really only do what I have to in order to make sure the kids have that whole sense of holidays being magical and awesome. Internally, I am scowling.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Dr_Z
    Dr_Z
    ✭✭✭
    The Power of Imagination is what works if you're limited to whats given to you...

Happy Holidays...
    From @Dr_Z (NA Server) primary home.

5HOT9MW.png
    mcZEtM5.png
  • gangyzgirl
    gangyzgirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    How on EARTH did you make that angel with the wings? =D
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Z wrote: »
    The Power of Imagination is what works if you're limited to whats given to you...

Happy Holidays...

5HOT9MW.png
    mcZEtM5.png

Winter wonderland! Amazing!
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember that Christmas Tree is not a tree for a tree itself, but a Christian tradition so don't be ashamed to put somewhere a Christian Cross in a visible place :). The angel is good but Cross would be much better :).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Just remember that Christmas Tree is not a tree for a tree itself, but a Christian tradition so don't be ashamed to put somewhere a Christian Cross in a visible place :). The angel is good but Cross would be much better :).

be hard pressed to find a cross :/
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭

be hard pressed to find a cross :/

2 sticks....job done :)
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because I don't confuse religious and other holidays in the real world with what's going on in Tamriel!
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    No, because I don't confuse religious and other holidays in the real world with what's going on in Tamriel!

Tamriel has holiday almost equivelant . Witches festival, new life day, and in the case of Christmas, Saturalia on the 25th of Evening Star. Here is a list of all holidays.

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Calendar#Saturalia
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried but the house I have is just far too big. I wish I could hire someone to decorate for me.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would do it if I had more than 200 slots in my big house
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Tamriel has holiday almost equivelant . Witches festival, new life day, and in the case of Christmas, Saturalia on the 25th of Evening Star. Here is a list of all holidays.

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Calendar#Saturalia

Where an in-game holiday is a distinct event with a separate theme from what's going on in the real world at that particular moment, and it's long-established in the lore of the game then that's great, I'm all for that and will participate fully in it. Too often, however, in-game holidays are just designed to mirror real-world ones with a different name , so here we have players talking about decorating their in-game houses with Christmas trees, angels and crosses which is something else altogether, and I'm not interested in importing that kind of thing into my gaming.
    Edited by Tandor on November 26, 2017 1:20PM
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    I definitely would if houses had a use.

It's a pity, really. I own 2 houses, the one next to Rawlkha and the medium bosmer house. I have decorated them and I like how they look, however I have not been in my houses in a long time... The only reason why I go to my bosmer house is because I have the dummy there. I haven't visited my khajit house in months, not kidding.

If we could fish, have a garden...etc, it would be another story. At the moment I hang out at our guild hall because we have all the crafting stations there, but I would love to have a reason to get home more often!!

Also, I spent SO MUCH MONEY getting the mats and diagrams to have a decent house, all for nothing :lol: But I do not lose my hope, I'm sure that at some point they will add functionality to the house and then I will be able to decorate them for holidays!
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Z wrote: »

Happy Holidays...

5HOT9MW.png
    mcZEtM5.png

What a lovely Christmas tree. I'm assuming you got it from the special weekend vendor?

I would love to buy this for our guild hall, could you please tell me where did you get it? :)
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except its a Pagan holiday. Yule.
  • Dr_Z
    Dr_Z
    ✭✭✭
    gangyzgirl wrote: »
    How on EARTH did you make that angel with the wings? =D

The Angel is the made up with the "Faith Statue" from the Luxury Furnishings vendor, and 60 "Colovian Projection Crystals" from an Achievement Furnishing vendor in Rawl'kha... Took about 3 hours to make.

00JlKPm.png

itehache wrote: »
    What a lovely Christmas tree. I'm assuming you got it from the special weekend vendor? ...
    I did'nt want to disappoint you, but the "Tree" was not a special weekend vendor item, It is "7" trees all together to make it look like One.

As, the "O.P." has stated, in not so many words, ZOS has been lacking in the furnishings department for the Holidays. We have to think outside the box to achieve the vision of our creations with the items that has been bestowed upon us.

• gangyzgirl
    gangyzgirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    60?! Dude you have some dedication! That's impressive!