The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How to get us to spend more money on the Housing...

One_ofMany
One_ofMany
✭✭✭
While giving us something we want....

I'd like to see a trading addition similar to EQ2 or SWG
In SWG someone could buy your items for sale if they travelled to your home.
or
In EQ2 someone could buy directly from the NPC broker for a high fee, or a much lower fee if they visited your home in person.

In both cases people spent more time, in-game currency, and real $$ on their game homes.

I'm not at all a fan of the trade/barter system currently being used. It's overcomplicated and somehow still manages to have bare bones options and it's clunky as hell especially on console.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop making furniture plans impossible to get.

They lost a sale on the CWC house because the furniture plans are basically nonexistent. I won't buy it if I cant get the plans for that style furniture in the game for a reasonable amount of gold from players and/or a reasonable drop rate.

I will not spend 100s of dollars to furnish a house. I will not spend 1000s of hours to farm gold to buy one plan for 500K each
    Edited by Katahdin on November 27, 2017 7:37PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • MTijhuis
    MTijhuis
    ✭✭✭
    Just let me upgrade my banker with crowns, so I can actually deposit in guild banks and list stuff in guild stores.

I love to farm furniture recipes, until I have all the blue onces. (Don't collect the clockwork onces, simply because I haven't found a grind spot) But instead of deconstructing all the green onces it would really help, if I can donate them directly through my banker. Instead of selling them for 9 gold at my merchant.

Let me buy a furniture bag, where I can store all the furniture I made. Afterall I may wanna use those 1000 burned branches of witches festival.

There are a lot of ways they can earn $$ on housing, but for some reason they don't want my money.
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me buy a furniture bag, where I can store all the furniture I made. Afterall I may wanna use those 1000 burned branches of witches festival.

I stuck them all in the ground of my witches coven made a mini forest of them. Gotta admit it might have been a mistake now when i try to move anything I'm grabbing a branch instead!
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raise player caps.
    Raise item caps.
    Add a day/night toggle so we can decide what time it is in our homes.
    Make furnishing plans easier to get.
    Let us dye furniture, rugs and tapestries or at least expand the range of colors these things come in and let us CHOOSE!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furniture storage (similar to crafting bag), and housing storage (chests, wardrobes, cupboards etc).
    Armor mannequins and generally more functionality to houses.

Also when a visitor with permissions leaves and then re-enters via the door, can they actually enter *my* house instead of the empty 'for sale' house?
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need an intuitive menu that will allow guild mates and friends to visit all our homes.

and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until mundus stones become affordable, I won't buy one. I would consider paying 1000 crowns, which is painful, but 4000 crowns is ridiculous - that's like 3 months subscription. It would take years of subscribing to get them all. At a reasonable price, I would buy the crowns to get them all. Even if they were to go on sale or bundled, so that those who paid full price don't feel cheated.

Until we can get a proper banker for housing, that has all functions, I won't buy one. 5000 crowns is a ridiculous price, and I know it follows you around. I don't want it to follow me around, I want it in the house so I can craft, put armour in the bank for my other characters to pick up, or sell research items in the guild store. And I would like it at less than 5000 crowns, seeing as it doesn't go where you go but stays in the house. One house.

A proper merchant and fence would also be good, but until I see what they cost, I make no promises about buying them.

It all comes down to making stuff affordable, and good value. I won't waste crowns on poor value items. I won't buy extra crowns to get stuff that's overpriced. This is real life money we're talking about, and my supply is not infinite.
    Edited by cyberjanet on December 7, 2017 9:17AM
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd love to see a guildsman for guild banking/trading and a courier for crating writ pick-up/turn-in.

Also a furniture storage bag and storage in homes.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    cyberjanet wrote: »
    Until we can get a proper banker for housing, that has all functions, I won't buy one. 5000 crowns is a ridiculous price, and I know it follows you around. I don't want it to follow me around, I want it in the house so I can craft, put armour in the bank for my other characters to pick up, or sell research items in the guild store. And I would like it at less than 5000 crowns, seeing as it doesn't go where you go but stays in the house. One house.

You can quickslot the banker, merchant, and smuggler for toggle access. Those who have them out all the time are just too lazy to turn put them away.
    Also, you CAN put all of them in your house(s). It would be nice to have guild functions as well, and repair option on the merchant.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on December 7, 2017 9:06PM