The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

(Solved) due to My Internet Situation. I'm looking For DK (Long Range Only) advice.

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
Solved: I decided to stick with Magicka and make a mDK Dark Elf.

Original post

Most Know I mostly Magicka and Really love it. However 2 former DK's I was kinda interested in rebuilding.

SerjustinIAm (Original PC NA to PS4 NA, AD Imperial Dk, Stam and my original character.

You Scream First Than I. (Former AD Orc Dk, Stam. Princess Justine's Adoptive Father, As well in "Welcome My Neighbors" YouTube Video)

What I have Not tried. Redguard (honestly I haven't tried one before. Im interested and want to if it's mostly suggested)

Princess Of Dreams (AD) My original AD Character for AD in EU. was originally a DK. But Remade her to be Stam NB instead.

Since I'm getting 13 Mbps less than I'm supposed to have. Unsure why, kinda ripping me of since costing me $109 each month for 15Mbps, which I was getting last month. But my Internet is fine they say. Plus only ones that available.

So hence is why, which I was wondering, what would be best for mostly long range attack. For DK's in PvP? If I was to Remade one of my Stam DK? Or should I try Redguard? Or just continue to use Magicka and try Magicka Dk. But long range?

Edited by Serjustin19 on November 27, 2017 6:49PM
Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually prefer mDK- but i like to get up close and personal. However, it's hard to argue against the mDK heavy attack builds. They're ranged and they hit hard.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »
    I actually prefer mDK- but i like to get up close and personal. However, it's hard to argue against the mDK heavy attack builds. They're ranged and they hit hard.

Thank you, :) The only Alliance that I don't have DK, is DC and EP. However since recently today. I be on EP longer. So I'll go build a new DK for EP.

I honestly prefer Magicka, not really good with Stam. But your advice for "mDK heavy attack builds" I noticed the new changes in CP. (least new to me) I can see a way I can work with that. Plus "range and they hit hard" is what I'm looking for. Just the range. I need to find how to hit hard.

So in a way 4 choices. Argonian (with health passive) Breton (spell decrease cost and light armor passive) Dark Elf (fire passive expecially a good pick for Vampire's) High Elf (staff passive that's waisted on healing Templars. Good for aoe as well as Magicka Recovery passive)

I'm going to of my head and not actually looked. But I think I got them wrong. But I'm at a stand still, dead lock. Between both High Elf and Dark Elf. For my Magicka DK. Thanks again :)
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You are welcome. If you want to maximize your damage as an mDK- I would suggest Dunmer. (It's my favorite race!). For the heavy attack, ranged build- you'll have the option to use a few sets: Elegance, Infallible Aether, etc. Match two heavy attack sets with one piece of Kena.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For ranged StamDK, the asylum bow is very strong. Poison injection, snipe, acid spray while snipe is in the air. Run a back bar 2H for rally/forward momentum.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »
    You are welcome. If you want to maximize your damage as an mDK- I would suggest Dunmer. (It's my favorite race!). For the heavy attack, ranged build- you'll have the option to use a few sets: Elegance, Infallible Aether, etc. Match two heavy attack sets with one piece of Kena.

Thank's I was honestly at a loss trying to pick Dark Elf or High Elf. Since I have mostly High Elf Characters (Besides one Imperial, 2 wood elf, 1 Kajiit, 1 orc and 1 Dark Elf)

Even though I do like Magicka Recovery from high Elf. I decided to make a Dark Elf mDK. As well as to your advice. Even though Dark ELF would loose Magicka Recovery. I can work around it or do my best.

Even though Dark Elf Passive is Duel Wield. Not sure it be wasted. I'm also not sure duel weild + destro. Sword and board + destro. Destro+restro (nice sound matching ;)) or Destro (fire) Destro (lighting) for against other Dk wings and or that 1 Templar reflect thing, I never use (if I did, I would used name and remember lol.)
    For ranged StamDK, the asylum bow is very strong. Poison injection, snipe, acid spray while snipe is in the air. Run a back bar 2H for rally/forward momentum.

Thank you as well. I only have 1 character spot left. Even though I'm very grateful for your advice as well. I decided to continue to use Magicka, since I'm mostly accustomed to it. But thank you as well nonetheless.