The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

EVERY SINGLE F#$%ING PATCH

MercTheMage
MercTheMage
✭✭✭✭
I'm getting so sick of this game constantly giving me *** when trying to update. For the last 3 patches, each time, I get error 1005. This weeks patch, it's 210.
It keeps failing to download the patch manifest. I've done it manually, still gets me the error. I've deleted the program data file as instructed by https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22414#dpd, now my launcher just says "LOADING" and does nothing.
Edited by MercTheMage on November 22, 2017 5:57PM
You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

Game now broken for me too.

Opened launcher. No patch download. Weird.

Entered game. fiddled at the bank for about 5 minutes.

Game crashed,

Game now broken. cannot launch.

Holiday weekend begins now... plans for intense multi day gaming....
  • PaulD
    PaulD
    ✭✭✭
    Did you clear DNS cache and/or reboot your machine and router?

For some reason, the client tends to lock into bad DNS settings and gives that patch manifest error every time.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PaulD wrote: »
    Did you clear DNS cache and/or reboot your machine and router?
    For some reason, the client tends to lock into bad DNS settings and gives that patch manifest error every time.
    agree.gif

For some reason, there always seems to be at least one dead url in the pool right after an update is released.
    And to make things worse, the launcher does not seem to have a timeout, so a dead url will hang the launcher.
    And to make things even worser, it never tries to just get the next url in the pool, it just retries the same (broken) one over and over.

If you manually clear your DNS cache and/or router you still have a 1 in x chance to hit the same dead url again, but it usually works.

I have no idea why they can't add a fairly short timeout and rotate logic to the launcher so it doesn't hang itself on a dead url.
    confused24.gif