The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadow Atronach Lore

NirnOblivionBeyond
Hello Zenimax/Bethesda,

After reviewing the new Flame Atronach Crown Crates, I see that there is the Shadow Atronach Senche, which lead me to believe that there is an shadow atronach in Oblivion. I would like to know more about this type of atronach from a lore perspective. Will there be more detailed information regarding this type of atronach in the future? Will we see this atronach integrated in game in the future?
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    There's no previous information about shadow atronachs; but it's not suprising that they exist, considering all the atronachs we already know about. I assume that we'll get more information about it from the in-game description of the Shadow Atronach Senche.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is many Oblivion realms besides of Planes of Daedric Princes, for example there it was realm where was Cold Fire Atronach what was chosen as servants for Molag Bal
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Daedra_Dossier:_Cold-Flame_Atronach
    If you look at background of Shadow Atronach you will see he is inhabitant in Evergloam realm of Nocturnal the Shadow Mistress, perhaps that is key to your question
    7a04ef140faeec9928ef623ee232cb5a.jpg
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'd probably need to ping the Loremaster or one of the other lore writers for much detail, they haven't expanded on the lore much for the existing weird mounts. *grumbles loudly about Dro'Zira and the Frost Draugr Senche*
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    There is many Oblivion realms besides of Planes of Daedric Princes, for example there it was realm where was Cold Fire Atronach what was chosen as servants for Molag Bal
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Daedra_Dossier:_Cold-Flame_Atronach
    If you look at background of Shadow Atronach you will see he is inhabitant in Evergloam realm of Nocturnal the Shadow Mistress, perhaps that is key to your question
    7a04ef140faeec9928ef623ee232cb5a.jpg

That background is actually Coldharbour; although one probably shouldn't focus on that, as those backgrounds have rarely had anything to do with the actual habitat of the creature in the past.
  • NirnOblivionBeyond
    @elias.stormneb18_ESO Thank you very much. Your comment definitely puts things into perspective. Especially the bit about Nocturnals realm, which makes sense considering her sphere of influence.
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do hope we'll see Shadow Atronach some time in the future. (Hopefully more than just a reskin of the Fire one.)
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)