The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unresponsive ultimate activation

fred4
fred4
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I am tentatively filing this as a bug report. Perhaps the community can weigh in. Basically I find the ultimate key unresponsive in combat, specifically the resto ult. It's gotten to the point where I am more inclined to alternate Healing Ward and Harness Magicka, when focused in PvP, than trying to activate that unreliable ult. I typically end up hammeriing the ultimate key, and I can see it flickering on the skill bar, yet nothing happens. This goes on long enough - 2 to 3 seconds - that the attacking NB can do their Incap Strike (CC - but please read on), and subsequent attack rotation, and kill me.

I have looked at my ult level numerous times, and it's been 250+. I use Immovability potions, so an Incap Strike or Fear will not necessarily CC me. A CC could be part of the problem on some occasions, but my perception is that I can spam Healing Ward much more reliably than try to activate that bleeding ult. To be honest, it is the sheer frustration of hammering the ult key and waiting for a response that gets me killed. This has happened so often now that I am convinced there is something special about the ultimate key. It just does not register as fast or as reliably as other abilities. Does anyone else have this problem?
PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had some unresponsive ultimate issues as well, the circumstances are different, but the "mash ulti, see it try to fire, nothing" is happening. I've had trouble getting trees to fire and trouble getting soul harvest to go off, both of these ultimates seem to bug out when I'm using a more expensive ultimate on my other bar and I've got enough ulti for the current ultimate but not the other, but that could just be confirmation bias.

It isn't consistent for me and reloading UI always fixes it, but that's not a viable, in-combat solution. I've also reported this in game.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 21, 2017 9:10PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for confirming.

In my case, my other ultimate is Soul Harvest, a cheaper one.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually when I need to drop my ultimate, its because I'm rushing into a large battle, exactly the time when there are tons of abilities going off and my lag is at its worst. If my ultimate isn't firing, I've started to break free on the assumption that I'm probably being disoriented or stunned by something that hasn't rendered yet, and that seems to work better to get my ultimate to go off.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS, please respond to this ticket!

I am playing my DK today, and it's the same story. A nightblade incapped me. It then took him 5 seconds (I looked at FTC logs), during which time he surprise attacked, procd Selene, and executed me, while I broke free and desperately tried to activate Corrosive Armor. After reviving I checked that I had the full 500 ultimate. My other ultimate was Dawnbreaker, so even if I was on the wrong bar, I should have activated an ultimate.

This is absolutely ridiculous. WTF is wrong with you that you can't look at and fix simple BUGS, like this one? I am quite sure there wasn't a 5 second lag spike, as this is a common problem with ultimates. Again, I saw the ultimate icon on the action bar flicker multiple times, yet nothing happened. Having no counterplay completely sucks the enjoyment out of the game!